News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Viros Umbra - Another Difficulty Mod by Anemos Alchemist...

Started by Clara Vita, 29, April, 2010, 01:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Atrius (He/Him)

Why is the description so good here, but not on the download page, and why is there no link to the download page here?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Rolina

I can't wait until we can do more than difficulty mods.  I'm getting kinda burned out on them...

purge

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Strategy?  What strategy?  Those mods are just basically difficulty mods where the difficulty is that each boss requires a specific strategy to take down (or, at least, are supposed to).  They're just another version of difficulty hacks, at least in this version of the editor.

purge

Rolina

If you want a true strategy mod, go make a GS hack of FFTA or Tactics Ogre.  Which, granted, would be AWESOME, but alas, would need a totally different editor.

Aile~♥

You could, with the current tools available, pretty much redo the combat engine. It would still be turn-based, granted, but you could basically throw everything to the wall and rebuild the game. Don't like hundreds of HP? That's easy to fix. Want MORE hundreds of HP? You can do that too. Want to completely restructure Psynergy and PP costs? OK.

There's actually quite a lot you can do with that.

Rolina

purge

Aile~♥

Rolina

Yeah, you've gotta use more than just "do more damage than they do to you" as a strategy.  But so long as it's only stats, classes/psys, and enemy groups that are edited, then it's more or less a difficulty hack.  Strategy Focused would be a sub-genre.

If you start adding things, THEN it changes.  But sadly, until Atrius fixes that critical bug he found in the editor, we can't do much of anything else sensibly. T-T

Rolina

Welcome to the forums.  Can you see why I hate these 'difficulty' mods yet?

Hoopa

Grinding is a good thing! I love grinding, it adds hours and hours to gameplay. It makes the game a lot easier too! You can just fly through any rpg after leveling up to like 20 before you even leave the first dungeon!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

You shouldn't have to grind for anything in the main story.  For optional content, HELL YES, grinding should be needed.  I say look to Disgaea for examples.  The main story is relatively easy.  The hardest enemy in the game?  I'm 100+ hours in, have several characters at level 9999, I've leveled up my weapons pretty nicely, and they've got loads of training into their skills.

Baal still kicks my @#$%.