News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

RTSSH21's artwork

Started by RTGreece21, 29, April, 2010, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Wow, that's amazing RT! Definitely can see the time you put into it.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

RTGreece21

Thanks  :happy: :heart: i just have to fix some of the shading, delete the backround, turn it into a PNG file, and then the official art style here will be readily usable ( :idea: no backround PNG allows it to be easily popped into other pictures, if anyone wants to) and then make the sprites (which will take an eternity. UGH. :fury: :um:)

I can't wait to see what Jamie says. ^^ he's been waiting for so long... :sad: i feel bad that he had to wait because i havd no confidence and had to practice. I'm sure he'll be relieved to finally have a printable, awesome picture of his own character. ^^~ :heart:

:heart:
:Felix:
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

It looks pretty spectacular, RT! As the others have stated before me, the time that you put in burns through. Watercolour is also fun to use, as it can be harder to mix colours with it than with acrylic. However, you have done quite well with it.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

RTGreece21

:heart:
:Felix: thanks ~
:happy:
:Felix: I think if i play around with filters a bit, i could find something to give it that "finishing touch" to make it look right.
:Sweat:
:Felix: I also need to make a list of everything I have to do since I got better and faster at watercolours. Maybe i'll be able to power through the list. I also found someone who might join to make sprites. she's not entirely sure yet if she wants to.
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

You are welcome. Filters are cool, so you should be able to find something to use for finishing touches. It would be fun to make sprites for that character. I kind of see her as a combination of Jenna and Karst, oddly enough.

I wish you and your friend good luck when making the sprites. If you require assistance, you can ask me if you want.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Your drawings are really good but the one thing that's bugging me a lot is the proportions of the chest. It makes the characters look very stocky and squished.

RTGreece21

ah, thats probably actually because she's wearing a few layers (even though we cant see all of them) and i didnt give her very big boobs. its just the way i thought the chaacter should be built >.<;

Aile~♥

Honestly? I liked the previous pose better (lots better), and something about the face there doesn't look right. But the staff is cool.

The chest is at the wrong angle. It's like her chest is being viewed from a different perspective than the rest of the body, and it looks really messed up. Take a look for yourself. The horns on the headband have a bit of perspective funk going on as well.

Also, SCARF? Considering she's a Mars Adept, and considering she probably lives near Magma Rock, I doubt a scarf is really necessary... Or at least, she doesn't need to be wearing it that high up her neck. She wasn't in the last piece of art.

But it's still pretty awesome. Looks more pixelated than the previous one, though. You used something like Appleworks or Paint, didn't you?

On a mostly unrelated note, I think Chili covers the sentiment better than Lava does.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

RTGreece21

er... i thought the previous pose kinda looked odd o.o; should i redo it as the other pose instead then? or choose a pose similar to the last one, sketch it, and have you look at the sketch before i actually paint it? I have the colours right, so whoever decides to make the sprites will have an accurate refference. (if i dont have teh time)

the chest is actually the right angle, it just doesnt look that way because the ties/bindings/whatever are odd like that. should i change their position then?
i do apologize for the horns though, i went to ink them and they turned out funny... >.< that was just bad luck.

i didnt change the scarf o.o; its probably just the angle, sorry. i thought that, once she's away from magma rock, she'd be cold because she'd be travelling where it wasnt so hot. (basically, after leaving magma rock, her sprite would change to have a scarf and the big grey shirt to keep her warm, or something like that.)

i... painted it o.o; with water colours. traditionally. no digital. yet. i planned on maybe adding a filter or something, but for now, its as the original painting is, its just the scan.

er... i really dont have them all memorized! >.<; which one is chili, and what does it do? where abouts is it found in Dark Dawn, so i can go see what I need to draw it as? maybe i could have lava AND chili flyin' through the air, thatd be cute... haha.

so, i guess, i'll sketch out a pose or two, you can compare it to the previous drawing, and see whatcha like? i really didnt like the previous pose because it felt too b***hy. >.<;;

as for her facial structure, woops. XD i was admitedly looking at a picture of mathew to try and catch the style, which wasnt so bad with the shading, but i did fail a bit... >.<;

Aile~♥

Yeah, but the current pose makes her look like a bunny rabbit. I thought the other one was more of a casual "I'm just standing around minding my own business" pose. Not like she was going to have her picture taken.

The ties look like they're off to one side. Was that intentional?

Really? The scarf looks like it's higher up her neck than in the previous shot. I guess it makes sense that she'd want a scarf in other places though. LOL, she'd be an even bigger wimp in the cold than I am!

Really? You painted it? Eh... Now that I look at it again, I have no idea what I was talking about. The lines could perhaps stand to be a bit thicker, however. Not much else to say there.

Chili is the little baby-looking Djinni who attacks with a burst of fireworks. Lava is the fat one who barfs magma on enemies. You can probably see why Chili captures the sentiment better.

RTGreece21

ooh... bunny reabbit... i se ethat now, yeah, thats gotta be fixed... ehh....

er... yeah. o.o; did you want them centered? maybe i can play with it a bit... itd make her look like she had more boobs though XD

so, keep the scarf then? XD i did think itd be cute for her to be all cold, since itd make sence. people from california think that spring and fall here in canada is winter weather, i kinda got the thought from that. haha.

watercolour paper is probably what made it look odd... but its faster to work with, i had the current pick done on a day. i'll work on the lines again thoug, they're out of my comfort zone, so i have to practice.

daw~ mmmk. i'll look for it, but sinve she wont be touching the djinni (they'll be in the pick like lava) they can be easily erased and replaced with a different djinni. maybe i'll look through the ones i have on my restarted file on GS:DD. see what i can find.

Aile~♥

Right now it makes her look like one boob is bigger than the other. o.o

Yeah, keep the scarf. It's a nice touch.

Watercolour paper? I wouldn't know what that would do. still, you're very good at this stuff.

As I said, the Djinni doesn't really matter, since it's only a doodle off in the corner. If you did a pic with her holding a Djinni, that could be pretty cute, though.

A pic of her looking at the ground with a magnifying glass and a hammer and chisel could also be something to do if you need a pose, since she's an archeologist by trade.

Atrius (He/Him)

There's definitely something weird going on with the angle of her upper body.  The perspective on her right (yes her right, not ours) shoulder seems to be throwing it off a bit.  It also might help to look at how her hair is flowing on her right side of her face, it makes it seem like there's less depth back to her shoulder than there should be considering how her head is angled compared to her body.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

That must explain why it looks like her shoulders are slouched forward.

Edit: Found a picture of the Djinni Chili.

RTGreece21

hm... okay, in my next sketches i'll try centering or changing the design of her upper-body clothes. i'll deffinately looking into some archeologist thoughts though... that might be cute.

daw, chili is cute~ XD im gonna go through the game anyways and once i find chili, he'll have a picture in the encyclopedia thats a bit bigger and will help me more.

anyways, in my free time, i sketched something else for a comic im starting up, haha.
a golden sun parody-style walkthrough done in comics. this is going to be the cover, when im done with it. what do you guys think?

Aile~♥

He's wearing boxer shorts? No pants? Um... what? And why does his outfit suddenly look like a combination of his and Jenna's? Is he crossdressing?

Salanewt

I think it is based on this picture:

It looks kind of funny RT. It also makes me wonder how he lost his pants though.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

NM, I'm just not used to seeing Isaac's chestplate from that angle.

But what happened to Isaac's pants?

:happy:
:Mia:

Darnit Mia! You can't have Isaac! He's with Jenna, you know!

:Sweat:
:Isaac:

And you really should give him his pants back.

RTGreece21

haha, yeah, thats what i based it off of, sala XD

and Jamie, the reason he doesnt have pants is one of the jokes im gonna put in the comic. he's gonna forget his pants. later, in GSDD (if i get that far) Matthew will also loose his pants everytime he climes a tree or something. its just something that i thought would be funny. it is a parody, after all, so odd stuff will happen.

Salanewt

So how are the comics coming along RT? I also have a quick question... do you plan on having single pictures to introduce major areas? For example, a painting of Mercury Lighthouse, or of Kolima? I might not have enough time to draw full comics, but I could happily paint single snapshots of important areas to feed my new hobby.