News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Reasons

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 30, November, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Eh, that's why I think there should be two then.  A more lighthearted one here, and the one meant for debates in the debates topic.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Okay.  You're free to create that topic if you want. :)
Not even sure what words I could say that could make it an active topic, since again, I figure people don't really know where to draw the line? (I'm guessing.) But maybe you have something better in mind?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

I'm just saying that it didn't take long for this to turn into bashing the mentally handicapped, and I'm not comfortable with the whole thing.  Feels bully-ish.  Yeah, a lot of people don't understand the disorder, especially those whom have it - but that doesn't really give the right to start bashing them.  Heck, many let people know about their Autism not as an excuse, but to let you know that they don't recognize when they did something wrong, and that they need you to call them out on it instead of just keeping quiet about it.  Austim is a disorder that hampers communication skills pretty hard, and I've had to deal with it for most of my life.  It's never an excuse - as I've seen it, we're trying.  We really are.  But instead of trying to work with us to help us recognize these things, people just write us off.

The thing is, if this is going to turn into an argument about autism, it's better off in the debates section.  And if they come back and start trying to counter, then I'd rather have had this thread been what it originally was, something that merited being in Open Discussion.  I've already learned my lesson about the debates thread and avoid it now.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Wait now... People are bashing people here?

*Looks back*

Hmm... Is it the post with the -1 rating?

---

I don't think I was thinking about the mentally-handicapped when I decided to make this topic... Either way, it's not supposed to be here to judge anyone at all... Better to judge/question the behavior than the person, anyway... and we ALL have faults.. ( It's not limited to mentally-handicapped, even though they are more vulnerable in the social aspect. ) I also think that we each have good sides/abilities, as well.... and that we all should remember not to under-estimate them in others and in ourselves. (It may be easy to forget, sometimes.)

(Ofcourse, making excuses could also fit in with habits, and habits are hard to break.... It's possible that judging people when they are trying in that way is likely worse than making an excuse. What do you think?)

Next, I could bring up discussion on the four temperaments.... or maybe not.

---

If this topic does seem to have too much negativity... then I guess we should stick to the one-off favorite excuse line?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

No, I know for certain you weren't.  But that's kind of what it turned into.  You can't be held accountable for what others did in your topic, after all.