News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Salanewt, 01, May, 2010, 08:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockisftw

The latest actual dream I had was like.. crazy. If anyone has ever read "The World Only God Knows", theres that system in place of Heaven, Hell, and Earth along with their included angels/devils/humans and so on with their jobs. It was kind of like character replacement <e.g. if one were to think of a character like Ivan for example, replacing the art, name and dialogue with something else, however still somewhat following the guidelines. So replacing Ivan with some other slightly-quiet person, or maybe an orphan, any common link>

Except, more as I was applying mixtures of games, real life, and books all in one. So, my interpretation of things got added into this chaotic hell, along with random devils running around removing runaway spirits from people's bodies. Basically, more characters, more story, more I-don't-know-whats-going-on.

Towards the end of that whole dream, everything mixed together and I "woke up" in another dream, in which it was a standard real-life day, stuck in school, and at different times of the day meet different people who all seem to have some knowledge from that "The World Only God Knows"-dream I had woken up from. Strangely enough, it wasn't all that strange of a thought to me.. probably because of adding the correct people/characters to their respective roles. It was intresting, and disturbing because right after that I had to really wake up and go to school, and its like.. TWO DAYS OF SCHOOL? FFFUUU-!!!!!!!!!

-The rest of the dreams I had are those ones you can control what goes on, so they aren't worth mention. Strangly enough, people say one way to determine wether its a dream or not is to look at something in your dream such as a sign, or paper, and to try and comprehend what it says. I've always been able to do that fine, but its supposed to come out at gibberish. E.G. a sign that, in real life, does say Test, would be completely off, fitting any random string of characters together to fill the space, so in this case 4 characters. -Oû»◙ might be a possible combination. Thoughts?
If one is to gain something, they must take it from someone else.
Such is the end effect of the Law of Equivilent Exchange. In the end, each breath you take is one you are taking from another person.
So, how does that make you feel when someone dies of deprivation?

If white people are white due to living in a climate with moderate sun and snow, and black people are black due to the large amounts of melanin in their skin caused by living under the taxing sun, why are asians [slanty eyed and yellow]?
Veryy intresting once I looked this up, it came up with "due to harsh conditions involving strong sunlight, strong winds [therefore, dust being kicked up]. It makes sense if you think about it, but thats the reason? Haha, trolololol.

zman9000

The other night I had a dream that I have had before, and realized so the second i woke up.

The dream was more like a show then me actually making choices in the dream.
One of the things that may have made me have the dream again might be due to a new anime i'm watching, that has the same kinda plot... but not really.
Keep in mind that it was as if i watched out of this main characters eyes. and i will refer to the... um me... kinda, as the main

The main was either in the late teens or early 20's he lived by him self. He was also the head of a major international weapons and technology company, go figure. In this world, humans are threatened by beings called Djinn. and for what ever reason, they kinda looked like Buu from dragon ball z. One of them are strong enough to take out a city in about a day or two. over the years the army has killed 90 the original 100, but these last few are the strongest. these beings won't become important until a little later.

it started out with the main in the lab doing some late night testing on some artifacts from djinn ruins. there was an explosion and the next thing he knew he was home. the next morning the lab was exploded, and after some strange things, he found he had the ability to teliport to places he can see or have been to. he can also teliport objects by touching them, and create portals for others to walk through. He started using his powers to start helping people. he started off small time but started to run into some problems. one of the people in his company that work with the U.S government came across a 20 dollar bill that was from the year 2020 yet the year was 2011. it was a perfect match for how dollars are made and had a special design on it that was currently being voted on. before this could get any more thought the djinn started attacking a near by city after destroying a military base that had been holding them off for a month. the main then reveals to his company his power, and he then goes into battle. using his power he easily takes the two attacking djinn. after of which the body's are hulled off by his company. before he can celebrate he is knocked out. when he wakes up he is in some kinda under ground cell with some other people. the jail cell looked to be a djinn ruins, and he couldn't teliport out of it. the other people that are locked up also have powers but different and not as powerful as the main's. at the one end there is a room blocked off by a special gate made of the same stuff as the ruins. using his teliporting powers he uses a small rock to hit a switch which opens the gate. this room contains doors that lead to the other 99 djinn ruins around the world. the doors act like portals. once out of one of the portals they find them self's in the arctic and see an ongoing battle with a djinn there. after helping them push back the djinn, the main returns to his company, where he is shocked to hear he was said to be dead. even more shocking is the person that had government ties had taken over the company and is now a temp leader for the U.S since D.C was wiped out by a supposed djinn attack. when confronted the government guy is as shocked as the others and asks you to follow him. he leads you to a cave and tells the main to look inside. feeling uneasy the main gets ready to teliport. just when the cave starts to close the main gets out of there. the government guy then calls the guards when the main gets mad at him, and since he was thought to be dead, he is accused of turning into a djinn.

The main not has to run from the military and jumps back to the arctic. there he confronts a djinn and traps it. after getting it to settle down it starts to talk to the main. he learns that the djinn are like super beings that guard 100 artifacts which are technology to be given to humans when the time is right. but the humans many years ago started attacking them to steal the technology. since lesser tech was guarded by weaker djinn, most of it was stolen. the combustion engine, atomic energy, and computer chips, all was from the djinn. the djinn were defending them self's and over time were thought to be evil. working with the djinn they go round up the remaining 8 and decide to confront the world peacefully. but they ended to late, the government guy had taken over most of the world thanks to his discovery and taking credit for killing two of the strongest djinn. he had found a clue to a time portal in one of the last remaining djinn ruins. he decided he would take back an army to defeat the djinn before they were as powerful as they are now.

Turns out the $20 from the future was a message to the government guy that he failed and if he didn't act the day he got it his plan would surely fail. his plan is to take over the world by going back and stopping the djinn before they were barely even a match for humans in a fist fight. he would then take all the knowledge from the ruins and go back to the future. it would be the same future but he would go back to this world in which the djinn are defeated by him in this time, since he wouldn't go back and kill the djinn, because the would would be a different place and he wouldn't have a place in it. all the djinn would be dead, he would be the leader, and have the knowledge to progress the human race into the next level of technology.

the main using his power moved himself and the 8 djinn right into a press conference in which the government guy was happening with the rest of the world. there the main and djinn showed off one of the djinn tech called the mindscreen which will show what a person has seen and will say out his thoughts at the same time. after he was found out, he teliported which he gained as a back up plan. after a crazy teliporting battle the main had killed the government guy. and as soon as the final blow struck, I woke up.

freaking movie dream... :P
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rasefei

I had an unusual dream last night

I was in my living room watching TV (Forgot the show)
then I wanted to get a drink of water,
as I got to the kitchen I saw 2 lights
staring at me from the back door inside my house.

I was In Panic and ran out the front door
to my aunt's house. (She lives next door) Then
Zombies were coming after me (weird)
Lucky that my aunt's door was unlocked

Then Lastly is saw a Ghost the looks like
McDonald mixed with joker came out from the wall.
What the hell.......
I woke up in the state of shock
And now i cant even go inside my kitchen
or out side,without the feeling of paranoia

nhoward

Dreams, interesting enough, could be simple figments of the imagination but still say a lot about how people think and see the environment that is around them.  And when you put things really simple, there are probably not much of things that are constituted in your dreams.  I guess you just have to see and work with how you are familiar with each and everyone of them.

zman9000

is it just me or does it seem that i'm about the only one who could write a full length essay on my dream every night

most of you can post your dream with about a few lines, while I (not even in full detail) can easily write about 5 paragraphs on it.

And I only post the weirdest dreams i have, other wise i'd be posting in this topic every day.
So I'll ask this, how much do you remember of your dream every morning when you get up?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Jiten

Plenty,  but they're so erratic and happen at random times so it can be a wild ride.

zman9000

Been having a lot of weird recurring dreams lately.

there's this one where I'm in Walmart and I look over at two girls who randomly start to strip. I blink and they are now a postage stamp and a buy one get one coupon for Oreo's...

then there's another where I go to school and I can fly... the end.

and then there's another one where the world is being taken over by some kinda living plant or growing flesh and anyone that touches it becomes apart of it. I fight it by flying and using many many Metroid power bombs...

And lastly the latest one is me getting thrown into a golden sun/fire emblem/sword art online like world. where for some reason all the girls have pink hair and run inns and all they guys are business men... and sell food...

So yeah... that basically sums up my dreams since I last posted here... f*ck my brain...

zman9000

I had a recurring dream sanrio happen again last night.
it was about me being apart of some big youtube video making group, and everything we did was comedy, and i had superpowers. I've had this dream many many years ago and the dream went on as if i was just away for a few years and just returned.

but the thing about this dream is that since I've had it before i knew it was a dream. i played along for a while until i realized this was a good time to experiment with dreaming.

i would wake my self out of the dream but in a way that i don't lose sleepiness.

then think about doing some random thing like playing cards, or running a race and as i started dreaming that thing would be happening but i would also be back in the same dream. thus i was able to control my dream to a certain amount.

next i tried picturing a person randomly appearing out of thin air but i couldn't make it happen, then i realized things i didn't want to happen started happening and when i realized this i changed my mind and wanted the bad thing to happen and it stopped. so i can control my dreams by not wanting something to happen (which now that i think about it, makes sense in every dream i can remember)

another neat thing is i was able to wake up my mind with out losing the paralyzing effect that keeps you from moving in dreams, and i could stay awake for as long as i wanted with that effect.

that and the effect of being paralyzed feels like your whole body is hot and like gravity is twice as strong as normal. you can breakout of this but it takes a ton of effort to do so as moving doesn't feel natural and feels like extra work while paralyzed.
and the paralyzed effect also affects your voice box so you can talk but it will just be whispers.

So yeah, I learned a sh*t ton of of things about how sleeping and dreaming works. I thought this was kinda interesting to bring up as some people (including my brother) either don't have dreams or don't retain them like me so its cool to think about.

now if only i could just send my self into a dreaming state at anytime i want...

Robert Joe

Well, I am not imaginative and creative enough to have dreams that I can even remember most of the time, but the one I had last night is definitely an exception and is even worth mentioning here.

Basically, I was at my house, and my mother was not present (This is very odd, as she is bedridden and unable to leave without assistance most of the time). So, since I was really worried about her, I decided to call her cell phone. When I did, she answered and told me that she was at a restaurant quite a distance away from my dwelling and might require some assistance getting home.

So, I decided to go to the said restaurant (For some reason, I knew where it was, despite the fact that I was never told its exact location), and when I got there, I kid you not, it was a Golden Sun-themed restaurant. The exterior of the building had a model of the Doom Dragon on top of it, and all four corners had miniature versions of the Elemental Lighthouses complete with actual glowing orbs on top. The interior of the structure appeared to be modeled after Sol Sanctum, and all of the staff dressed and acted like (Or might have actually been, I could not tell) the eight main characters from the original two games.

Needless to say, I was quite bummed out when I woke up. If such an establishment actually existed, I would most likely instantly start liking non-MRE food, and eating more than one meal a day (Preferably about eight or nine), each one at the said restaurant. Hell, I would probably just buy the place and practically live there... I have to build this in Minecraft or something now...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Whenever I need to go to the bathroom during sleep in real life, I find that I end up dreaming about going. :/ Not sure if it has ever been the same bathroom or not.

This time, I think I was like in a church game room or something... (Not the type of room that actually has games in it, but big enough to have four color teams racing around a circle type thing.)

I think one part of the dream was about looking at the light bulbs, and checking their wattages. The dream had light bulbs in the floor and up in the ceiling, which wasn't the case in real life. It was like the room was dim or something... And the one that brightened it the most was probably the center light on the ceiling with... I forgot 10k+ w? (May not scale to our real-world wattage...)

I think another part was doing something with sheets of papers and somehow making long strips for a design to go on the floor. But I can't remember this too well as to what was going on exactly...

Not even sure if I got the order of those two correct or not. (Sometimes you can get things out of order but still remember the last event when dreaming.)

And then at some point, I felt a need to use the bathorom, so I ask someone or something, and they wait for me... I go in one room with a staircase... I don't see any bathtrooms here..., people start coming, I hide behind somewhere behind the staircase while watching them come/leave... Someone does see me... and I think it was someone I remember from grade school. They seem to think I'm stalling/skipping or whatever it was... They left, and I think they were probably going to tell. (Not sure of the significance of dreaming about the individual... but whatever...) I forget if I said anything about needing the bathroom or not... but apparently, it's like, nearby... (My guess is the room reconstructed itself, but I'm not sure? However, the location was not distinctly obvious, so...)  and I'm guessing I felt a need to rush or something. ..... Things happen....and ofcourse, I did end up waking up at the toilet part of the dream... (as usual? When I have this type of dream. :/ Not that I'm saying this happens a lot, because I doubt I can count more than 10 of them? Probably somewhere around 4 to 10 if I took a rough guess?)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Thanks Fox for bringing this topic up by posting in it.

I often have dreams about the destruction of the world. Unfortunately (or maybe not) I never dream about games.

I'll share a specific dream one day perhaps.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

You are welcome, Luna Blade.

Hm... Have I ever dreamed about destruction of the world...? ummm... not sure. ; But I can definitely say I have dreamed about games... Sometimes custom levels in Super Mario 64 which I have never actually seen...

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)