News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I made something.

Started by DarkShuyin, 02, May, 2010, 10:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkShuyin

I made my own Alex Battle Charset.

Now I'm wondering, if the editor was meant to be able to make fan games.
is it possible to enter this Alex in the game to make it a playable character?

gr DS

RTGreece21

Um... well I remember something being said about making that possible, but I don't know if it is yet. It is really cool though. Good job. i hope someone is able to answer your question soon.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

I remember seeing that sprite at the same place I got the Kraden one for this video:

Are you really the person that made them?  It'd be nice if you could make a complete set so they really could be played as properly.  Here's Felix's set as a reference if you decide to.

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Oh wow, Welcome to the boards, your talent is needed, Alex looks sweet

Rolina

Oh, if this is the guy who made them, we could surely use him in the CH...  I'd love to see what else he can do, too.

Aile~♥

@DarkShuyin: Perhaps you could make an introduction topic? I haven't seen one from you yet.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

DarkShuyin

-Deleted-

DarkShuyin

Alright This is Everything We still had:

As you can see with the last Pic, He pulled it off putting Alex and Kraden in the Game. But he isn't replying to my mails anymore so this is all I could find.

MaxiPower

Quote from: DarkShuyin on 02, May, 2010, 10:14:53 AM

Dude you shouldn't claim other peoples work lol, but yea they are look cool, pity your friend has lost contact / Intrest

DarkShuyin

Quote from: MaxiPower on 06, May, 2010, 11:15:20 AM
Quote from: DarkShuyin on 02, May, 2010, 10:14:53 AM

Dude you shouldn't claim other peoples work lol, but yea they are look cool, pity your friend has lost contact / Intrest

Yes he made the sprite, I thought of the idea.
So I'd say we both are responsible for that sprite.

Rolina

Nope.  Just because I came up with the idea for Aiden doesn't mean I can claim the art done for him as my own.  Real life doesn't work that way, buddy.

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Role on 06, May, 2010, 02:25:25 PM
Nope.  Just because I came up with the idea for Aiden doesn't mean I can claim the art done for him as my own.  Real life doesn't work that way, buddy.

In that case, please accept my apologies. I'm not the type to take credit for another man's work. Maybe I said it because we teamed up. But I guess you are right.

Anyway. I posted some recourses I had left a couple of post back. Don't know if you can use it.

i_am_isaac

But I don't care one way or the other the sprite is nice but can it be put in the
editor?
I want to kick Alex @#$.
Tsk... college life is nice...

Atrius (He/Him)

Replacing sprites with new ones is fairly easy for me to do, but it will still be a while until the editor gains that functionality.  It will eventually be able to though.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Atrius on 08, May, 2010, 12:07:13 AM
Replacing sprites with new ones is fairly easy for me to do, but it will still be a while until the editor gains that functionality.  It will eventually be able to though.

It saves alot trouble that Satauros and Menardi have battle and map sprites. I can place them in GS TLA with ease, Karst and Agatio are too easy. If the 4 of them team up I hope for some more resistance. also if everything goes well, having Alex from the beginning of the floating tile as a playable is also very neat.

then I'll try to create a random city, or try to recreate the world of GS1 into GS2 it would be awesome to pay a visit to Imil for instance.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hmm... Unfortunately due to the hardware limitations of the Gameboy Advance you can only have 3 enemies with 64x64 sprites on screen at once.

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Atrius on 08, May, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
Hmm... Unfortunately due to the hardware limitations of the Gameboy Advance you can only have 3 enemies with 64x64 sprites on screen at once.

2 teams it is then. Never knew that! Thanks.

frammm

:O Those sprites are great!

It will be cool if someday Alex and Kraden can be inserted in the storyline
because both of them sometimes they are on the party but they dont appear
in battle :(

The only problem is that I remembered saying Atrius that he swapped Piers battle sprite for
Kraden battle sprite in his video, but it must be possible to add a new sprite for Alex right?

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not possible to add new party members, you have to replace an existing one.

DarkShuyin

Quote from: Atrius on 08, May, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
It's not possible to add new party members, you have to replace an existing one.

Yes I'm still searching an solution to that.