News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My somewhat odd hack

Started by Aile~♥, 26, January, 2010, 06:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Role was seeing the wrong information in the editor because she didn't patch a clean version of TLA, she likely applied it over the previous version of your patch.

EDIT:  It's not uncommon at all in debugging to find such a simple cause to a complex problem.  I can't tell you how many times I've felt like an idiot after solving errors in programs I wrote.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

Epic Question: Does anyone have any good ideas for single-element item classes? Make sure to theme them.

I currently have a Defensive Venus class, and am in need of Jupiter, Mars, and Mercury classes.

Each class must have its elemental Card ability from the Pierrot series as its last ability. All are edited to have 340 power and an appropriate psynergy cost.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Not so epic answer: I've got some ideas for class lines.

For Mars:

Flamecaller=> Firestarter=> Fire Master=> Flamelord => Undying Flame

For Jupiter:

Loner=> Drifter=> Traveller=> Wanderer=> Nomad=> Exile

For Mercury: (This one may remind you of Mint from ToP GBA)

Healer=> Preist=> Cleric=> Bishop=> Archbishop= Cardinal

I've not wrote spell lists for the class lines because I'm sure that someone else can come up with better class lines (plus I'm not good at making balanced classes)

Aile~♥

Problem, spell lines are what I really need, along with some sort of focus for the class, examples: Defence, Offence, Status, Healing. Whatever that class's theme is, that's what they do, and they do pretty close to nothing else. However, what they do, they do REALLY WELL.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Well, if it matters my Mars class line is focused more on offense, the Jupiter class line is more status based spells and the Mercury class line is based around healing.

Aile~♥

I guess that works, but then that follows the stereotypes too much. Ah well, I guess a defensive earth class is stereotype too...

Salanewt

So, what is it exactly that you are after, new classes or new abilities to go with new classes?

I do have a new idea for a Venus class series, which should have one or two abilities similar to the summoning ones.

Woodworker > Crafter > Mason > Architect > Stonemason

So, how does this work for you? You would mainly have stone/ground based psynergies in here (no Ragnarok/Odyssey until Architect > Stonemason though), with little to no healing. You could throw in the Thorn series because of Woodworker, and maybe a new summoning psynergy that summons something like Stone Soldier, Wild Mushroom, or Clay Gargoyle? Of course, this new psynergy would be replaced by a better one as you go higher with classes. Most of the new psynergies would also be single target only, and can level up in a similar way to a multi-target series.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

I told you, I already have a Venus class, though that could work for the name.

I'm looking for single-element item classes.

Salanewt

I know, but that was just a suggestion that you could use for when you can make new classes (since I think you asked for them at one point too?).

Anyway, single element item classes which are not Venus... Hm...

Sorry, I will have to get back to you with ideas, although I am thinking of something like "Buoy Master" or something.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

News: Have done the Jupiter class. Needing Mars and Mercury classes now.

Aile~♥

Once I have Mars and Mercury class ideas, I can post an update to my hack and get back to work!

And Insul, if you're still in existence, have you done any more of the LP?

Salanewt

Pyromaniac > Pyrokinetic > Pyroseer > Flame Guardian > Flame Commander?

In here can include the Fire, Fume, Volcano, and Blast psynergies. I would throw in Manticore and/or Pheonix (but they would be preceded by Cerberus and Salamander), and then one or two enemy only attacks in here as well (like Rolling Flame, and possibly Rising Dragon to replace the Fume series at the highest level).

I hope this idea helps you continue on your hack. As for Mercury ideas... Still thinking of some.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Update! This patch goes up until Isaac and Co join the party, including their inventories and level (I haven't tested them yet though, so there might be problems), though Isaac and Garet don't have their limit-break style moves yet, they do have the item that bestows it, meaning it'll be as upgrading to the next patch when I release them. (They'll come in a future update when I have inspiration.) Ivan and Mia do, however, have their limit-breaks. Mia's limit break heals the entire party to full, and causes them to regenerate HP. This should be useful. (the offsetting factor is the PP cost: 255, the highest it can possibly be)

A tip when fighting Moapa: Crucible Fire (bestowed by the Hestia Blade) can be cast even when Psy Sealed. This has the added benefit of the fact that it doesn't cost any PP when you're Psy Sealed. Use this fact to lower Moapa and the Knights' Agility to give yourself time to attack in between them spamming their Sealing Stones. This fight is only hard because of the fact that you don't get Psynergy for most of it. And don't try to summon spam, you'll be crushed completely. Bosca Hit will do upwards of 300 damage when you're in such a low class. Combined with the low HP bonuses when you have such a low class, and most party members will be felled instantly.

Also note that when fighting Moapa, you get all your items back after the battle. That includes Vials, Potions, Mist Potions, etc., so don't be afraid of using your powerful healing items.

Was buggy. Iz fixed now.

i_am_isaac

I got an idea for the names of venus class, I think

Blader-Prodigy-Juggernaut-Savior-Legend.

you can Just shut my mouth this is just my opinion.
Tsk... college life is nice...