News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Clan Requests

Started by Charon, 21, May, 2010, 05:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

So wait, what are clans?

Clans are groups you can join. There are several types now. You can only join one clan from each type, so you can have a total of 3 clans. (please note that this list contains minor spoilers)

Primary Clans
These clans are the basic adept types in the first three Golden Sun games. These are the only clans that have promotion contests, which elect a moderator to moderate the clan and the clan commons.

• Venus - the power of Earth!
  • Mercury - the force of Water!
  • Mars - the wrath of Fire!
  • Jupiter - the strength of Wind!

Secondary Clans
These are clans that are "unofficial adept types". There's a lot of speculation involving them but until their existence is proven in a fourth Golden Sun title, they will remain unofficial, meaning that you can be a member of a Primary clan and one of these clans, and that they will not have moderators.

• Luna Clan Member - the mysterious adepts that can control darkness.
  • Sol Clan Member - the mysterious adepts that can control light.

You can request which one of these is your main visible membergroup. To check your membergroups, look at your profile. This will effect the icon that appears next to your posts, as well as your username colour.

Clan Registration Forms
These must be filled out if you want to join a particular clan. Unless posted otherwise, you can post submission forms here, or PM the clan leader.
Venus's Form

Golden Sun Hacking Community: Venus Clan Application Form

If you are reading this application form, then it is likely that you are considering a membership within the Venus Clan; and we would like to thank you for considering our clan. If you do not know already, the Venus Clan has often been referred to as the Clan of Friends. We try to elect a new leader every few months, but elections are often slower than expected. We also have a Clan Hack and some Forum Games that are reserved for Venus Clan members. However, it should be brought to your attention that there are some requirements for you to fulfill before your application will be considered. The requirements are as follows:

You are friendly,
You have a good/neutral reputation within the community,
You are honest, but polite about your honesty,
You are tolerant and/or thoughtful of the opinions of others,
You have a minimum of 10 meaningful posts,
You follow rules well,
Hacking experience is preferred, but not necessary,
It would also help to have adequate spelling and grammar, not to mention polite manners.

If you believe that you have fulfilled the above requirements, then you are free to answer the following questions as you wish. Please note that the following list has to be fully filled in and answered, despite that none of what is listed is required for applications to be considered.

Please answer the questions in a separate paragraph/list, so we can get to know you a bit more. Some of them are asked to develop an idea about your compatibility with others, and some are to find out whether you are reliable or not. After all, friends sometimes have to rely on each other to ensure success.

Username:                                    What do you go by?
Nicknames:                                   Any secondary names that you like?
Approximate age:                             For age differences, need not be exact.
Reasons for joining the clan:                Why do you seek to join Venus?
Time Zone:                                   Such as EST or Newfoundland.
Favourite aspects of the Earth element?      For example, do you like plant or stone more?

Any hacking experience?                      Yes or No, explain.
If Yes, which tools do you use
(game-specific or otherwise)?                Please list.
Do you plan on helping with the Clan Hack?   Yes or No, why?
Do you have a private hacking project?       Yes or No, explain.
Can you follow deadlines?                    Yes or No, why?
Can you make friends?                        Yes or No, why?
How many friends do you have?                Preferably an amount, explain.
Do you think of yourself as a peaceful  
or violent person?                           Yes or No, why?
Can you have fun?                            Yes or No, why?
If you could give blood, would you?          Yes or No, why?
If you could donate money, would you?        Yes or No, why?

What else can you offer to the clan?

It should be noted that you must make sure to always possess the requirements to join, or else you may be removed from the clan promptly after we deem you inappropriate for our clan. It should also be noted that we reserve the right to remove you from the clan if you have not been active in the forums for six months, unless we are informed in advance. All members to have joined/requested prior to March 21, 2011 are exempt from having to fill in this application form.

If you have any questions, please message both the current leader of Venus and Salanewt.

Have a nice day!

Mercury's Form
All questions marked with an Asterisk (*) are required. Any not marked are not.

*Forum Username:
Mercury Aspect (Mist, Water, or Ice):
*Do you plan on participating in the clan hack:
*Can you follow rules well:
*Are you good at making deadlines:
*Are you skilled at ROM hacking and have a copy of some kind of hacking tool:

Please fill out this form and send it to FrozenBlade

There are other requirements such as good forum behavior that will be checked on before approval. Don't expect to be approved if you get into trouble extremely often or are just an all around irritant.

Mars's Form
Let us introduce ourselves first, we are the masters of fire and heat, along with all aspects that derive from those sources. As fire can come in many different forms, from a calm steady blaze to a fierce inferno, we wish to know more about you before you join. So first things first.

Introduce Yourself
Forum Name:
Tell us what type of person you are:
We would like to know your reasons for choosing Mars:

Hacking Knowledge
Do you have any hacking experience? If yes, what projects you worked on? If not, do you plan on learning?
As a group in a game hacking forum we have a clan hack, are you planning on helping with said hack? Yes, how are you planning on helping? If not, please tell us your reasons.

Clan Rules:
Although we are freer in our actions and behavior when it comes to what can and cannot be done, there are still rules that must be followed:
1. We are a neutral clan, therefore clan members will stay out of other clan/forum members fights.
2. We expect you to show the fiery passion that a fellow martian would have. As such, you should have at least 10 relevant posts within a week of joining. Think of it as initiation, showing that you are committed to being a part of the clan and not just hold it as a title.
3. Being inactive for a full month will result in your removal from the clan. To avoid being removed you are expected to inform the clan leader of your absence.
4. As a general forum rule, double posting is not allowed you are expected to edit/modify your posts. The only exception is the Clan Chatting Room topic.
5. Deadlines are important when working on a project. You are expected to follow deadlines.

If you accept our Clan rules, then please send your form as a private message to the current clan leader DarkGriever.

Jupiter's Form

Please PM Role or Hoopa for details.

If you're having trouble choosing which clan to join, Role has provided this chart to help you decide, if it makes it any easier.

Hoopa

I'd like to be a Jupiter adept please.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

Can you change whenever you want?

Have a nice day.

Edit: Also, what would the advantages/disadvantages be?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Mercury for me please.

Griever

Wow this will be nice  :happy:

i would like to be a mars adept :)

Rolina

I fancy myself a Jupiter adept.  Clan should reflect that.

Charon

Quote from: Salanewt on 21, May, 2010, 06:23:39 PM
Can you change whenever you want?

Have a nice day.

Edit: Also, what would the advantages/disadvantages be?
Yup. At the moment, there are none. I might add some exclusive forums if we get enough people on board with it.

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Gary Oak

Gary Oak is known as Blue, which corresponds to Mercury

BUT, Gary Oak is also known as Green in the Japanese version, which makes him Venus material, Venus and Mercury are the two lighthouses that are lit in THE FIRST GAME which entails multiple Jupiter adept sightings.

So yeah, I wanna be in Mars.

Charon

BOOM DONE

Also, if you guys already have a coloured username due to moderation abilities, it will be based on moderation abilities and NOT clan.

Salanewt

Just to make sure, is it acceptable if I wait until some forums/subforums are actually created? After all, being in the community hack team, my username does not change colour... And that means no benefits as of yet. I am considering joining Mercury or Jupiter, though I want to see if anyone else joins a team (since I am considering joining one clan if at least one certain person joins it). This said person shall remain a mystery though, so I will remain neutral for now.

Also, I thought Gary wanted to be in Mars, not Mercury?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Ah, whoops, got confused - was in a bit of a rush.

Keep it short and concise, guys >_>

It's okay to wait - it's not like we're cutting off signups for any reason. It wouldn't be fair for new members.

Charon

Please keep discussion out of this thread - it is for requests and questions dealing with clans.

I neutralized the regular ranks so there is no longer a Jupiter theme throughout the ranks.

leaf

I'll repeat what I said.

All the cool kids pick jupiter obv

*cough*that's a join request*cough*
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Quote from: Corvidae on 23, May, 2010, 01:12:45 PM
Keep it short and concise, guys >_>

Anyways, done. You're a Jupe now :D

dograt50

I would like to be a Venus Adept please. :Isaac: :VenusDjinni: :Felix:

Charon

Luigisuperstar

I would like to be a Mercury adept please.
Dood.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Venus for me, although it took me awhile to decide.... but since we can change anytime I have decided I could choose now.

:Felix: Hey, nice to see you're becoming a Venus adept too.

:Ivan: So Felix?, you have finally started to talk again? Is the leader always the quiet one. Makes for a good listener.

:Felix: [Yes]

:Ivan: Oh no, not that again.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Okay, I'll sign up for Venus too, same reasons as above.

Have a nice day.