News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Clan Requests

Started by Charon, 21, May, 2010, 05:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

In general, I think a year's wait on removing members makes a little more sense than a 3 month wait, given what I understand to be the nature of groups and this forum.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I think there was one time where 3 months was Salanewt's idea way back when he was here. (There was that one PM he sent to me on Jan 2011.)
6 months was mine because of Atrius's script that removes non-posters. I believe this is also why six months is labeled in the application. I didn't write that application, though. I think Salanewt did.
1 year is already most of those people... The small few that range from 3-12 months can simply re-ask to join the clan if they want, and it's no hassle... they're not missing anything, anyway. And besides, I'd like to see them "renew their vows" if they were to come back.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter at all. For now, I'd like to keep the people who have been active in 2014.... This is probably like my first "clean sweep"... since I can't remember removing members before... and it falling right near/on April Fools is also a plus!

Mars has this:
"3. Being inactive for a full month will result in your removal from the clan. To avoid being removed you are expected to inform the clan leader of your absence."

(And I wouldn't be surprised if Role had a strict policy for her Clan as well?  No idea.)

EDIT: By the way, if Charon was still here... She'd say this topic is for requests only, not for discussion. (And I think requests applies to removals as well, but not sure.)

Um, Atrius? I think I'd like to change the six month inactivity thing in Venus's form to three months. (Even though I'm likely to wait twice as long (or longer) in most cases...) ; After all, it's saying that "we have the right", rather than "we will do this"...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Saturos is accepted into Venus. That's like our first new recruit in how long?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Lord Wolfram

I am relay happy to join Venus clan.
I look forward to our next conversation.
Next time in Venus clan.

Crystal Sonata

On the note of Clan member removals, wouldn't the Clan Commons be better suited for that? I've got a few I've been meaning to remove myself, I just wasn't exactly sure how I should go about it.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Luna_blade

How can I join only in Luna clan? I've read things in this topic that you can only have Luna as a secondary clan... :C
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

You can join Luna without being in an Elemental Clan. Check out Tetsuya's post: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=630.msg32855#msg32855

@Takumi: That is my thoughts about this topic... Since unclanned members can see that section. (Unlike when Clan Requests first started.) ;  But why create another topic when you're not likely to make many posts on Removals...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Okay that's good to hear. But I still don't know how to get in them... Do you have to ask the leaders or something?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Nope. You just ask Atrius. No approval needed from any leaders since the Fundamental Clans don't have leaders.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Majora

Venus Clan Application

Username:                                    
Majora
Nicknames:                                  
N/A
Approximate age:                          
18+
Reasons for joining the clan:          
Could always use more dignified, gallant group members in any society.
Time Zone:                                  
EST
Favourite aspects of the Earth element?    
Bringing substantial life and growth to what lacks it, gotta love that, especially in this day and age.
Any hacking experience?                      

Yep, here are a few Zelda characters hanging out in The Lost Age:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2167.0
Was able to extract and compile about 98% of the instruments from Dark Dawn into an .SF2 file, ready to convert to any other sampler formats. Have a few copies of it in .NKI format for Kontakt use myself:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2256.0
Here's an .MP3 example demonstrating a few sounds from the soundfont in use (along with a few from Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6RDTwb4OndTS1d3cWxtZWdoRTQ/edit
Here's a more stripped-down version:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6RDTwb4OndTUzQwSUdDRU9oUVE&usp=sharing&tid=0Bz8PWXTWctXKNlpVelUySUZrNHc
Was also able to extract the MIDI sequences from Dark Dawn. Goes great with the soundfont I've provided, simply replace channels and adjust patch numbers where indicated:
https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0&urp=https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6RDTwb4OndTcnNNZT&pli=1#folders/0B6RDTwb4OndTeHhOV2plV185eGs

If Yes, which tools do you use?
You name it, I've used it. Can provide a full list of all game-related and non-game-related software and hardware if desired.
Do you plan on helping with the Clan Hack?
Sure, see no problem with that.
Do you have a private hacking project?
More of a collection project that utilizes hacking procedures. Have a library of samples I've built up over the years, spanning a wide variety of sources, from samples I've created myself to extracted video game and film samples.
Can you follow deadlines?
I can.
Can you make friends?
I can.
How many friends do you have?
A healthy number.
Do you think of yourself as a peaceful or violent person?
I'd like to think I'm a generally calm and collected person to a certain degree, as we all are.
Can you have fun?
I can. Think it's best enjoyed when there's time for it; when I'm working, I'm working.
If you could give blood, would you?
If the situation calls for it.
If you could donate money, would you?
I have.
What else can you offer to the clan?
What is it you need?

QuoteIf Yes, which tools do you use?
You name it, I've used it. Can provide a full list of all game-related and non-game-related software and hardware if desired.
Oh? Have you used Yoshi Magic yet? (It was never fully developed, however.)

QuoteHow many friends do you have?
A healthy number.
Okay. ( By the way, I view "healthy" as having at least 3 close friends. :) )

Majora is accepted into Venus! (*Waits for Atrius to add him.*)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Majora

Thank you, sir.

Now that's one I haven't used. Looks like it performs functions in a manner comparable to Golden Sun's editor.
I have extracted a few samples from one of the Yoshi's Island games for the Super Nintendo, would play the Tetris one all the time, along with Donkey Kong Country, of course.

Quote from: Majora on 05, May, 2014, 06:54:39 PM
Thank you, sir.
You are welcome. So now, it's you, me, and Saturos for our potential active members, I guess?

QuoteNow that's one I haven't used. Looks like it performs functions in a manner comparable to Golden Sun's editor.
Yeah, it was made in Visual Basic, and was meant to be game-specific editors for the three M&L games. Superstar Saga, Partners In Time, Bowser's Inside Story. The unfortunate part is that the fourth installment of the M&L series was done on the 3DS, and 3DS ROMs are encrypted.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Majora

That's right, gotta preserve the tried-and-true protagonist element whenever possible.

It's a question of time with 3DS hacking, they're really getting their hands dirty with the console. Think Pokemon X & Y has been spurring the process along pretty well. A friend of mine was able to extract audio files from Ocarina Of Time 3D recently as well. Its audio storage method is interesting in how similar it is to the method other recent Zelda games use, Skyward Sword in particular.

Was apparently a fairly similar timeframe-based situation when the Nintendo DS was released. Simply takes some time to understand how a new system operates. It'll be along soon, the system has a solid amount of popular titles, plenty of incentives.

Can imagine Golden Sun will see a new installment sometime within the next few years as well, wouldn't mind seeing it on the 3DS myself, it's a cool system. Always liked how select Camelot are with Golden Sun, won't be seeing them cranking out a new installment just in time for Christmas every other year. Once every few years is a great setup, used it for albums myself for years.

Lord Wolfram

This topic is not for discusions!
It is for Clan Requests!
And some information about Clans.
I think we shall keep at it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Kinda behind on this, sorry for being absent.

Luna_blade is now a member of the Luna clan.
Majora is now a member of Venus.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

That's okay.  At least you're back... How has life been treating you?  Would I be right to assume you were absent for about 2 weeks?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Majora

Thank you very much.