News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Equation?

Started by Miyabi, 30, March, 2009, 06:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyabi

Does this give you the equations and such that are used for things like classes and attacking and what not?

Yellow font can be painful to the eyes. - Charon

Charon

This is the best they have:
http://goldensunarchiv.de/en/spec/gamemechanics.html

'twas made by our German friend, Veritate. He's still working on some of the other stuff though.

You probably could come up with your own equation, to make damage a bit more unique (there are times I've played GS and an attack does the same damage three times in a row =O)

Miyabi

OMG that site is like . . . FULL of awesome stuff that will be a lot of help.

Thanks Charon.

Charon

I used to write equations for fake games I used to make. Usually, they'd involve crazy equations (the equation for figuring out the possibility of running into a shiny with "n" Pokemon on the Pokeradar involves a ton of crazy stuff), so I'd recommend comming up with newer equations... and a random number to shake things up a bit more than they were in the original two Golden Suns.

Do you understand how funny it looks when...
Isaac's Sol Blade let out a howl! Megiddo!
[Buffermonster] takes 666 damage!
And it's happened, except it didn't release 5 times in a row, only 3. XD

Miyabi

Yeah, but this will at least give me something decent to work off of. ha ha.

Charon

Very true, very true.

I think that in a GS3, we need to make use of the typing system (Water vs. Fire; Earth vs. Wind) better, for example, adding a slight randomly generated boost ranging from 1.1-1.5 or something if you use the same element as the user, for example, Ivan would have more power using Spark Plasma than Mia would.

Miyabi

Yeah.  That would make a lot of sense.  I still have a ways to go before I hit that point however.  That probably won't be integrated until I start putting classes in. xD

Charon

Or a better idea - make it so the element you have the highest elemental power for, that effect holds true. That means it would apply no matter what. Why would classes play a role? You're just using a stat (like how stats change when you unleash djinn) =/

Miyabi

Yeah, but I was talking about say Mia using Spark Plasma.  She wouldn't have that unless her class is changed (by Djinn placement) . . as far as I remember anyway.

Charon

True, true, but her stats would change with the class change. Let's say she had a lot of Jupes on her. She'd have more Jupiter power than Mercury, and she'd do more damage with Jupiter.

Basically, the game would check what's the highest power out of the four.

Miyabi

Oh I see.  I thought you were saying that they like had a natural affinity to certain elements so no matter what each person had an extra boost when using their element.