News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Role is now a cripple!

Started by Rolina, 24, May, 2010, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

\o/

...Oh wait...  That's NOT supposed to be a good thing...

Anywho, here's the rundown on what happened to me.  Against my better judgment, I let a friend convince me to go hiking on Friday.  Insects found me quite delicious that evening, and so my legs were itchy.  Fast forward to near the end of Sunday, and one of the bites on my ankle became infected.  I called my boss to let him know I'd be at the hospital today, because it looked pretty bad.

Well, it was a staph infection, apparently.  And from what the pharmacist told me, the drugs I prescribed are pretty heavy duty antibiotics.  On top of that, even though I didn't think I needed it (my little limpy walk seemed to get the job done), I was given crutches.

After that, my day got... interesting.  You see, people immediately started to jump and go out of their way to help me.  They were all so nice and helpful to me, just because I was using the crutches as the doctor asked me to.  Anywho, my instructions were to take my meds and - essentially - to chill out and relax (with the infected leg propped up).

Salanewt

Oh my... Well, crutches are kind of fun to use, despite not feeling as natural as walking with legs. At least you don't need to have a chunk of your leg removed.

Hope you recover nicely.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

I was a bit worried when I read the topic title, but it's good to know things are working out alright. I guess you might be a bit loopy for a few days with the drugs, eh?

As for crutches and people... yeah... figures. Most people don't even realize it, but they naturally open up when they see someone or something that appears weak or injured. At least when they're not in a group, anyway. Groups change everything. You should try going to a busier place with those when you're feeling better and see if you get the same reactions. My bet is you don't. Diffusion of responsibility and all that. I'm not really sure where I was going with this now. Oh well. Yay rambling.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

It's natural for doctors to overreact to a staph infection since there are known to be fatal cases, it's good to hear yours isn't too serious though.  A Staph infection is known to damage the connection between layers of the skin, so it's probably best not to over work your leg until it heals.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

Crutches are fun to hit people with :x

But trying to exert yourself before it heals may do a lot of damage, so obey doctor's orders. Also, don't go hiking again >_>

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Ouch.... Well, now you've got more time to watch anime and play video games! Yay for the upsides of being sick!

Rolina

Well, I'm not too out of it - most of the drugs are antibiotics.  I'm still more than able enough to play White Knight Chronicles well, after all.  As far as the crutches go... I can't get the hang of them... T-T

i_am_isaac

:irate: you want me to kill the insect that bit you?
Tsk... college life is nice...

Rolina

No need, those things die fast enough as is, it's probably already dead.  You can kill its eggs, though.  Anywho, I'm actually feeling a LOT better now, thanks to the meds the doc gave me.

Also... for those who need translations for what I said in the C-box on sunday...

"I had a spat with Kurodani Yamame, now I'm not feeling to good, going to see Eirin tomorrow...."

Kurodani Yamame is a spider youkai with power over disease.  Eirin is well known as a doctor in touhou.  As such...

"I got bit by a bug, it's infected, I'm not feeling good, so I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow..."

MaxiPower

insect pwnage to the extreme....

Rolina

Anywho, I'm able to walk quite well now, so... yeah... I'm no longer a cripple.  But because of that, I can get back to work! \o/

Charon

Role is now a cripple! Role is now not a cripple!