News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

I Haz Found Your Board!

Started by Miyabi, 29, March, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyabi

LOL.

I'm Miyabi.  Some may know me from GSR. . . "]

I've never done any Golden Sun Modding, but I am working on a GS 3. lol.  It's moving along. . . quite smoothly actually.

Charon

Hi there Miyabi ^^

Nice that you found the forums. Try to resist the urge to type everything in purple like on GSR. Might not work here very well XD

Miyabi

Yes, I see that. >>'  maybe green works better?

Charon

No. It's harder.

Let's see...

Colour
Colour
Colour
Colour

Those are the others, excluding Gray. Hmm...

GO YELLOW.

Miyabi

Wooo!  Yellow!

That's a color that I have never used before.

ha ha.

Thanks Maxi.

BTW Charon I love the smilies. :]

Yellow font can be painful to the eyes. - Charon

twocows

Quote from: Miyabi on 29, March, 2009, 11:31:00 PMLOL.

I'm Miyabi.  Some may know me from GSR. . . "]

I've never done any Golden Sun Modding, but I am working on a GS 3. lol.  It's moving along. . . quite smoothly actually.
Sounds exciting; I hope it turns out well! Now if only Camelot had that kind of motivation.  

MaxiPower

Hey Miyabi, i also was on GSR, not a frequent poster, more of a lurcher. nice to see you made the jump

Rolina

Quote from: Charon on 30, March, 2009, 11:25:00 AMNo. It's harder.

Let's see...

Colour
Colour
Colour
Colour

Those are the others, excluding Gray. Hmm...

GO YELLOW.
So, YOU'RE responsible for those yellow posts!  Don't you know that yellow is hard to see on light backgrounds?!

Miyabi, I'm sorry for my comment about the color in the Palpatine Bashing thread, I was unaware that Charon gave you color advice.  Next time, seek someone with a bit more taste when it comes to colors, 'k? :P

Also...

[COLOR=#RRGGBB]Text goes here[/COLOR]

Where RR, GG, and BB are values ranging from 00 to FF in hex code (in decimal, that's 0 to 255).  To make it easier, open your calculator program, change the mode to scientific, type in the value you want for that color to be (MUST be between 0 and 255) then click Hex for instant decimal-to-hexidecimal translation.  This is the hex code for that color.  ALL colors are comprised of Red, Green and Blue, in that order, and higher values of one color means that it has more influence.  All in all, this will give you 16,777,216 different colors to choose from!  Here's some examples:

#7802D4 #4216D3 #FF007D
#E69B14 #CD4A37 #C4FF00
#5BC9AA #02A673 #BCADFF
#012345 #234567 #456789
#6789AB #89ABCD #ABCDEF
#CDEF01 #EF0123

It doesn't matter if you use lowercase or uppercase, but it's generally good practice to use uppercase.  Also, you MUST put the # sign, or it won't work.  Don't ask me why, I ain't got a clue...  Now then, don't just use Charon's plain and bland colors, go out and color with some actual style!

In short of that, here's some simple ones to remember:

#000000 #808080 #FFFFFF
#FF8080 #80FF80 #8080FF
#FF0000 #00FF00 #0000FF
#800000 #008000 #000080
#FFFF80 #FF80FF #80FFFF
#FFFF00 #FF00FF #00FFFF
#808000 #800080 #008080
#FF8000 #00FF80 #8000FF
#FF0080 #80FF00 #0080FF

Charon

Well, that was posted when our background colours were darker. Purple was rather difficult to see, but yellow, out of the 6 colours available, was easier to see. Ha, I can be so stupid  

He posts in colours on GSR too. This "posting in colour" thing seems to be pretty popular... (I could possibly add more colours via the styling sheet, but I'm known for being lazy. And don't we all love hex? It's our friend on the nets AND in the world of computer programming and ROM hacking =])

Rolina

Oh, does the styling sheet affect that dropdown color selection thingy?  You could use the simple colors I laid out then.  A nice healthy selection of 27 basic colors - Black, White, Gray, the Light, Standard, and Dark shades of the 6 Standard colors, as well as the 6 transition colors.  If they want to get even more creative, they should just put it in themselves, but the basic 27 pretty much covers anything that they'd really need.  Save brown, which is either dark orange or dark tan, depending on the shade...  But that would require me to do a LOT more work than I really want to. :P

Miyabi

Role, I know how to make colors using hexdec.   And yes, the yellow actually didn't look too bad on the other backgrounds.

Rolina

Better safe than sorry, though.  Plus, it was fun making the guides. ^-^

Charon

Ah well, it seems like I learn something every day