News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Blight (kraehe)

Started by Charon, 30, May, 2009, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Well, I've finally decided to do another manga, and this time it's called "Blight".

Instead of trying to imitate the typical manga style (which failed miserably in Boy from the Moon, my last manga), I'll be developing my own style with manga and other influences. One thing notable about this manga will be that the lines and toning will be more about showing expression rather than perfecting an image to look as realistic as possible, basically meaning that colouring will "go outside the lines" and lines will often not be neat/completed, as an act of expression.

The comic now reads from left to right.

Please do not request when pages will be done - like Jupiter, I tend to work on these things slowly.

Finished Pages (UPDATED - THESE ARE THE NEW NEW PAGES):
Page 001
Page 002
Page 003
Page 004
Page 005
Page 006
Page 007
Page 008
Page 009
Page 010
Page 011
Page 012
Page 013
Page 014

weckar

Kraehe as in Crow/Raven, right?

hmmm, I like. The premise of the story... "romance, desruction and a hell of a lot of blood and death.", "destined to destroy the human race, but he never seems able to do so"
Hmmm, excel saga? xP

No, I seriously like it.... Rachel?

Charon

Wait, you're German? Interesting, the GS community is most prevalent among English and German speakers, most unusual for a video game XD

And yes. Decided not to use the umlaut, some (ignorant American) readers may go into a frenzy seeing a little dot above the "a". He get's his name from the fact that he has the ability to turn into a crow or raven like bird. (i.e., a Destructive Raven)

And yeah, my name is Rachel. I've heard of Excel Saga, can't say I know anything about it ._.

Anyhow, I'm going to see if the bloody program I'm going to use for doing the pages will work for me... If not, I'll just have to do it in other programs...

weckar

Nah, I'm not German, I'm just a huge fan of Princess Tutu xD

Charon

First page is up. I've decided to tone the pages because the normal bubbling programs are a pain to use, so I'll be using Corel. Might as well get it done with at once XD

Page 001

Rough colouring style at work. Remember, that's what I'm aiming for, kids XD Although I might do future blending in the first panel.

I guess for some reason I didn't tell you all that Blight is a "crow demon", allowing him to change form from crow to human and back. Although in reality he's not either a crow or a demon, he's... uh... both. o_o

The transformation is quick and happens on page 3, so just be patient =D

I might be able to do a page a day, at most. So please don't go begging me for pages. Just remember, when school comes out in two weeks, I'll be able to do more pages!

weckar

Not too fond of backgrounds eh?

Charon

Actually, I'm aming for a somewhat abstract look with the manga, and the unevenness is intentional, although I may clean up the toning in that page a bit.

If you look closely, you can see that the grass in the first panel looks like the wing of the crow in the second. :3

Page 002
Page 003

weckar

I really really like page 2 panel 2 :)

Charon

Page 004 is up (finally!)

Page 004
Blight assumes the form of a human.

Page 005 is a chapter page, so it will take me longer and it will not advance the storyline.

Remember, if you would like full sized pages, please don't hesitate to PM me for my email.

Salanewt

Hey, this looks cool Charon. I am not into Manga related things, but this looks like something that I would like to read. You really should keep working on it.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mercury Adept

Salanewt

Hey, Charon? Please tell me, are you planning on posting the next page when you are done?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

I'm redoing the manga. Here are the first three (third's not fully done yet) pages.

It's a bold new style, not anything you've probably seen with a graphic novel. And if that's not enough, the whole manga will be completely panel-less.
Page 001. This is the first page, but I didn't post the original line art.
Page 002. First pic of Joshua. A bit... well... bloody...
Page 003. The fabulous antagonist.

Aile~♥

First off, page 2 isn't loading properly, it may just be my connection's fault. Second, the girl on page three is EVIL? What? Aside from being Christian (please don't kill me), I don't see anything evil about her.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Antagonist doesn't necessarily mean evil.  It appears Blight isn't the stereotypical goody-two-shoes protagonist either, very interesting set up so far.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

WOW, it seem you've made the protagonist "evil" and the antagonist "good" and can you PLEASE kill off that goody two shoes full of BS little @#$%& at the somewhere near the end of the manga. I HATE HER ALREADY!!! (I just think that she's annoying that's all ^-^)

Charon

(revival kick)
As I stated around the beginning of May, I am redrawing Blight (again lol). This time, I am highly satisfied with the artwork, and I doubt I'll be redrawing it again (if I do publish this, I'll send it to some more lenient publishers - I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get it out there)

THE COMIC NOW READS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.

These pages are completely done.
Page 001- An introduction. Yes, I know it's morbid - it's about a dead man that plays the role of the Grim Reaper for crying out loud. YES DOWNTOWN DOES LOOK LIKE THAT although that's not actually downtown because most of the roads in downtown are either 1) one way or 2) 5 lanes. So it's probably like 5 blocks away from Downtown. :P
Page 002 - A two page panel, along with the next page.
Page 003 - A two page panel, along with the previous page.
Page 004 - We find a mysterious crime, and all that's left are crow feathers... (by the way it's Devon Rosen and Brandon Holly, for future reference; if you don't know what Brandon is referencing you're an idiot)
Page 005 - ...Whoops.
Page 006 - Brandon ponders why they haven't been able to catch the Crow Hunter...
Page 007 - Well, this explains why - the Crow Hunter can disguise himself as a crow. lol. I'm really quite fond of the insane contrast this page.
Page 008 - Mary is actually the Crow Hunter's (whose name is Joshua) girlfriend, but as shown by page 006 she's been dead for quite a while. CONSPIRACY
Page 009 - Huzzah for Emo poetry! Wait, I wrote that from my heart... SONOVA

The next pages have not been fully edited. I'll post the fully edited versions when I am done. Until then they will be indicated in red.

Page 010 - IT'S CALLED SRS SARCASM AS SHOWN BY SRSLY SARCASTIC SUN
Page 011 - ...but the mayor still thinks he's Jesus. Go figure. he must be Kwame's cousin
Page 012 - Devon and Brandon have been decomissioned... and a mysterious Archangel is taking their place...
Page 013 - ...who was involved in a cult...
Page 014 - So what do you do? RIDE THE DETROIT PEOPLE MOVER OF COURSE! ACCORDING TO JUPI IT GOES SOOO FAST Actually, most of you wouldn't know this (I haven't seen it personally myself) but there's a ton of art in the stations and I think the cars too. I thought it would be funny to put a cameo of Corvidae Eric in there, considering that Mr. D had played a huge influence on Blight and all... (maybe I should contact joburbur before I publish this just to make sure it's okay to put his character in-cameo). Also lol GM still exists in 2027.