News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Games that are under appreciated

Started by Luigisuperstar, 31, May, 2010, 12:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigisuperstar

i just had to post this as I know many games in America that's not well known but Known in Japan. Warning! the list I'm going to say can go on FOREVER!
just warning ya.

Disgaea(I'm pretty sure someone knew this)
Disgaea 2
Disgaea 3
Super robot wars
Super robot wars 2
Super robot wars 3
Super robot wars ex
Super robot wars Impact
Super robot wars MX
Super robot wars Neo
Super robot wars alpha
Super robot wars OG
Super robot wars og gaiden
Super robot wars alpha gaiden
Super robot wars Alpha 2
Super robot wars Alpha 3
Prinny can I really be a hero?
Super robot wars Z
Super robot wars K
Super robot wars OG saga lord of the elemantal
Super robot wars J
Super robot wars A
Super robot wars D
Super robot wars R
Super robot wars Gauken
Super robot wars W
Super robot wars OG Endless frontier
Altier iris 1
Altier iris 2
Altier iris 3
mana Khemia alchemist of alrevis
mana Khemia 2 Fall of alchemy
Rune factory
Rune factory 2
Rune factory frontier
Rune factory 3
Gundam(too many too list!)
G generation wars
G generation wars DS
Dragon Quest Monsters:  Terry's Wonderland (in the US, at least)
Dragon Quest Monsters 2:  Cobi's Journey/Tara's Adventure (in the US, at least)
Dragon Quest Monsters:  Joker (in the US, at least)
Digimon Story (aka World DS)
Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight (aka World Dawn/Dusk)
Summon Night (GBA)
Summon Night 2 (GBA)
Summon Night 3 (GBA - best of the three gba games, and didn't even get an localization! T_T)
and more.

As you can see I'm a big fan for these games.
Dood.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

What you wrote as "super robot wars" is actually called Super Robot Taisen......

leaf

Why you didn't just list the series' names is beyond me. Instead of listing every game from just a couple of series...
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

He also didn't list Magical Vacation/Magical Starsign.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Not many people seem to know about Shadowrun, or about Soul Blazer either. I have not heard many people mention the Mana series (which include Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana, etc.). I am not sure if many people know about the Back to the Future Games either (1, and 2 & 3 (2 & 3 both joined into one game)). Also, I did notice that few people seem to remember the Micheal Jackson games, mostly (if not all) for Sega. There is also a Pacman rip-off of Mario Party, which has a few characters created by Namco (not all Pacman) who walk around on a game board like map, probably with minigames.

Of course, the Back to the Future and Micheal Jackson games were probably very popular when they first came out, they have ceased to remain so (although the death of a certain pop star probably introduced a new shine in the games for a little bit a while ago).

Otherwise, it is a nice start to a list with a lot of potential. I hope you expand on it in the future!

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Sala, I believe LSS wanted to compile a list of good games. Not stuff based on a movie or a pop singer's life. >_>
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Salanewt

I know. However, as the topic title does state, those are games that the public barely knows about (even if they are sub-par). Besides, there are fanatics out there who might like them.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Let's go with under appreciated instead of just unknown.  There are too many unknown games that deserve to be unknown.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Luigisuperstar

Changed the title.

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 31, May, 2010, 06:26:43 PM
What you wrote as "super robot wars" is actually called Super Robot Taisen......

Super robot Taisen is the English name for this game series, Super robot wars is the jap. name only 3 games came out in English so far and I'm used to calling it that so I labeled it that besides Taisen is the meaning for War.
Dood.

Rolina

Quote from: Luigisuperstar on 31, May, 2010, 12:22:20 PM
mana Khemia alchemist of alrevis
mana Khemia 2 Fall of alchemy
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Also:

Dragon Quest Monsters:  Terry's Wonderland (in the US, at least)
Dragon Quest Monsters 2:  Cobi's Journey/Tara's Adventure (in the US, at least)
Dragon Quest Monsters:  Joker (in the US, at least)
Digimon Story (aka World DS)
Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight (aka World Dawn/Dusk)
Summon Night (GBA)
Summon Night 2 (GBA)
Summon Night 3 (GBA - best of the three gba games, and didn't even get an localization! T_T)

Luigisuperstar

added. those dragon quest games sound familiar... Oh! I had them. :happy:
Dood.

Hoopa

There's also the Estopolis/ Lufia series. Also, I'm not too sure but I think the Megaten games are also under appreciated.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Sajin

How about:

FEDA: The Emblem of Justice (SNES)
Treasure of The Rudras (SNES)
Klonoa Empire of Dreams & Dreamchamp Tournament (GBA)

Well, at least I think they're under appreciated.
By the way, does anyone know if theres a translation group working on Swordcraft Story 3? I finished it 4 times so I guess it's about time I get to understand what the hell they're saying. :p

Hoopa

Apparently, there isn't one working on it. Tell you what though, when I learn Japanese and programming I'll do it for you.  :happy:

Anyway, some other games...

Maybe the soul blazer series (SNES), Legend of Legaia (PSX), Jade cocoon (PSX), Eternal Eyes (PSX) and Robotrek (SNES).
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Sajin

Well, I asked about it because I remember a while ago seeing in a forum a guy saying that he was working on a translation patch... But, if you learn japanese make a sumary of the story for the ones that don't understand japanese.

I though that the Soul blazer games weren't under appreciated. Terranigma/ Soul Blazer 3 was an excellent game though.

Hoopa

The Soul blazer games ARE appreciated? Whoops, guess I'm wrong. Anyway, that translation project died a long time ago apparently.

Sajin

Terranigma IS appreciated and well known, as far as I know. But I guess the other two Soul Blazer games aren't. Some people don't even know that Terranigma is part of game series.

Menaus

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla