News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

If you were in GS, what kind of character would you be?

Started by Tetsuya the Azure Blade, 05, June, 2010, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhh, please pick one ^-^ (1-8 are for playable characters, I don't know anyone who'd want to be a boss >_<)

Earth: Warrior
4 (18.2%)
Earth: Mage
2 (9.1%)
Fire: Warrior
0 (0%)
Fire: Mage
1 (4.5%)
Wind: Warrior
3 (13.6%)
Wind: Mage
5 (22.7%)
Water: Warrior
2 (9.1%)
Water: Mage
4 (18.2%)
Any Element: Boss: Mage
1 (4.5%)
No Element: Boss: Warrior
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

And I choose...... Water Mage! you saw it coming, I KNOW you did ^-^

EDIT: I got rid of the Mia invasion, it was only something I did for lulz.

MaxiPower

Hoopa

Water warrior. I'd love to be able to slash a sword and have ice come out...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: whizkidhvq on 05, June, 2010, 04:39:24 PM
Water warrior. I'd love to be able to slash a sword and have ice come out...
Am I right in thinking that your favorite weapon in GS1 is the Arctic Blade then?

Hoopa

Nah, I like the Muramasa the best. It would be awesome though if there was a sword that launched a slash of ice when it unleashed. I didn't really like the Arctic Blade though...it was kind of lame.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

Sorry for off topic.... but it would be cool iof there was like some sort of elemental equip able weapons that gave out different unleashes depending on the amount of djinn you have in summon mode or standby mode etc

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

What can you expect from a weapon that you get in Fuchin Temple? It is only useful until you get to Kalay.

@Maxi: Nice! ^-^ That WOULD be cool, but would the game be able to support such a weapon with out glitching out?

Mastermind

Humph, I'd be a boss. Bosses usually have the coolest unique moves and are generally more powerful than any single character. I mean, 1v1, most any boss would beat a character at the same level (if they played smart, and I would.).

Aile~♥

I dunno. It would be cool to be a Wind Warrior or Earth Mage.

Wind warriors could do all sorts of crazy stunts, like using wind to propel themselves towards enemies, or pull enemies into them.

*Starts charging up an uber attack*

*pulls enemy towards me*

*unleashes epic uber attack*
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

leaf

Wind is by far the most practical element. To control the wind means being able to create forces that act on the air around us. Taken to its logical conclusion, being able to control the wind would result in being able to create arbitrarily powerful forces that act over an arbitrary area. The latter part is important. "An arbitrary area" doesn't just mean "anywhere." It also implies being able to conjure winds that cover whole landscapes or those with the delicate precision of a needle. Complete control over the air currents would yield the power to practically create shields able of deflecting anything before it ever touches you, all without ever touching anything in the surroundings, by very carefully allocating forces. Since these forces are being created at arbitrary locations and of arbitrary strength, you would be able to move essentially any object at will, and again, without interfering with the surroundings. By that same token, you could effectively "fly" with the proper accessories for catching the wind. Yes, that's right. We can fly.

And this isn't even considering all the extra stuff wind gets in GS =p

To be fair, taken to their logical conclusions, all the elements would be very powerful and practical in their own right. Well, except maybe fire. Powerful? Yes. Practical? Not at all.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Salanewt

I chose Water Mage. I was going to choose Wind for the same reasons that Leaf stated (in fact, some of my neatest daydreams have been based on that, and I was always the Wind based Mage), but Water has many practical uses as well. Considering the fact that Mercury gains Ice as well (which is frozen water, as everyone here knows), then I could also have durable shields to protect me from several other things (then again, ice/water barrier, extreme heat/fire barrier, and earth/plant barrier). I wouldn't be able to practically control the things around me though, but with the help of a Wind user, we would be able to do almost anything (especially with electricity and water).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

I like the way no one's chosen earth or fire =p

Everyone here just wants to be either rachel or jin obv
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

I don't really like heat, which is why I did not choose Fire. As for Earth... Being able to control plants would be neat, but unless I can have super-fertilizer or something, I doubt I would be able to make the plants grow very quickly. As for dirt/rocks, they would not be too practical in a city (and if there are monsters after me, I can just flood the whole area (while I swim on top)). If monsters come after me with the ability to swim, then I would freeze them. With enough Mercury people, we would be able to try to fix the warming global temperatures as well, not to mention the ability to regulate the Arctic and Antarctic regions.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

I believe the implication of complete control over earth is the ability to make anything grow instantaneously.

And... well, if I were to order the elements strictly by combat potential (rather than general utility), it would probably be something like...

Wind (assassin)
Water/Fire
Wind (open combat)
Earth

Wind makes the most efficient assassin of any of the elements. Take any small object. Any object at all. Now hurl it toward someone at arbitrarily high speeds from an arbitrary angle. Yeah... murder someone almost undetectably and possibly frame someone else in the process? I think so. However, in an actual combat situation with other adepts, wind falls slightly short.

Water and fire are almost identical in power, but water comes up just slightly better, I think. Why is water on top? Simple. What predominantly makes up the human body? Yes, that's right. Water. Complete manipulation of water means you could kill someone by either making their body explode or alternatively by freezing them from within. The latter, of course, would be the assassin's choice. Much less messy than making someone explode.

Fire is nearly tied with water in combat, but since it makes for a messier assassin, it gets ranked lower. Complete control of fire means you could rather effortlessly incinerate a person just by looking at them, which is not something even another adept could deal with. Furthermore, if complete control over fire implies complete manipulation of heat, you could alternatively freeze a person to death by draining their body heat into the surroundings.

Wind would have trouble dealing with a fire or water adept in combat, since unlike them, it lacks any instant kill properties. A wind adept would need to strike quickly using whatever resources are at their immediate disposal, while hoping the fire or water adept doesn't kill him or her first.

In combat, earth is decent, but as an assassin, earth is just... bad. What is it gonna do? Create spires out of the ground to pierce their victims? That's all good and dandy, but it's very messy and the damage left over make it clear something weird happened here. It's also more limited in the locations it could perform the assassinations. In combat, it would use similar tactics, but here messy doesn't matter. Fire and water both naturally beat it due to their auto-kill properties, and between having to deal with flight and the wind shield as well as arbitrarily powerful blasts, wind beats earth in direct combat.

If we're excluding auto-kills, then the combat tiers would be more like...

Wind
Earth
Water (creation power)
Fire
Water (no creation power)

Here, fire is horrible. No way to shield against anything but water, while each of the other elements have some way to shield fire (wind blows it away, water douses it, and earth creates a physical barrier). Water with only the ability to manipulate water without the ability to spawn it would be even worse than fire, though. I think fire might have a slightly advantageous matchup against water, since it can essentially negate water's offense, even though water does the same in return, it would be easier for fire to eat through water's projectiles. Against wind or earth, though, it's pretty much a curbstomp battle.

Above that, the remaining three elements are fairly close, actually. Water probably creates the weakest barriers of any of the three, but ice can make for a powerful piercing projectile, as well as very potent traps, potentially snaring an opponent in ice. Earth has its own traps, of course, and creates just as dangerous spires, but probably better barriers. Wind... do I need to explain this? Wind has the wind shield, which more or less equates to invincibility. Even if wind's offense depends more on using the surroundings (and the opponent's projectiles, while you're at it), what are you gonna do against a perfect defense? Physical barriers (either made of ice or earthen material) can be broken down, but what are you gonna do when your offense is just deflected?

Naturally, I'm biased, so if you believe I misrepresented an element, let's hear your line of reasoning =p
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Hoopa

Um...this is what type of GS character you would be, right? Then why are we discussing the practical uses of each element? Wouldn't that be in a "What element would you be?" topic?

Salanewt

For Earth's quick-kill... What if I just make a sinkhole? Even if I just make a huge hole in the ground, and then whatever is on top will fall through.

And Whizkid has a point. Of course, the conversation of elements would tie in with adepts, because the adepts could be able to use these elements in these ways.

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

I'm not sure if it's an instakill, but the wind adept could create a vacuum, which neutralizes fire in the process. Also, they could create blades that could cut through any object/shield the other person would have. All they would have to do is organize the molecules into a singular edge one molecule wide, which breaks molecular bonds.

Aile~♥

@leaf: Ah, but what if your opponent had eaten a watermelon recently?

Using earth power, you could kill the guy by instantly growing the watermelon plant while its seed is in his stomach. Although, this would also be messy.

Or, alternatively, provided he had other recent injuries (like having tripped, and gotten all sorts of dirt inside his leg in the process), you could manipulate said bits of dirt while they are in his body and cause him to bleed internally, killing him if you pierce a lung or the heart.

But, Adepts don't have complete control over the element they work with. They have control limited by the amount of Psynergy available to them, and by their ability to use said psynergy, which is to say, how fast they can manipulate it. As such, a Wind Adept probably could not create enough force behind sufficiently small objects to deliver an instant kill, that is, his or her ability to move an object with air is limited by the amount of air they can have pushing on the object in the same direction and by the amount of force they can put behind a single air molecule, making it harder to throw smaller objects.

Not to mention the fact that an Earth Adept can also send any object of sufficiently small size, provided said object is located on the ground, flying in any direction that is at least partially upwards, by raising the earth underneath it at sufficiently high velocity, in the correct "direction", which is to say, moving one side of the earth under the object faster than the other section, creating a sort of catapult. But, this ability is also limited by the rate at which the Adept can manipulate their pool of Psynergy.

I believe control over fire implies the ability to create heat, and send created heat moving in any direction. I imagine a Fire Adept could also redistribute heat, or even remove it, though this would probably take more Psynergy, and thus be slower and more draining to the Adept, than creating heat.

I was considering choosing Earth, since Earth also seems to imply Darkness in GS. And of course, though Darkness usually isn't terribly practical, even in combat, it still looks cool.

But I decided I liked Wind/Electricity better.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Hoopa

Oh, earth does have an instant kill. Your body always contains some minerals within it, and since controlling earth also means controlling these minerals, you could wreak all sorts of havoc with their bodies. For the watermelon seed thing though...that would waste energy, really.