News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

If you were in GS, what kind of character would you be?

Started by Tetsuya the Azure Blade, 05, June, 2010, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhh, please pick one ^-^ (1-8 are for playable characters, I don't know anyone who'd want to be a boss >_<)

Earth: Warrior
4 (18.2%)
Earth: Mage
2 (9.1%)
Fire: Warrior
0 (0%)
Fire: Mage
1 (4.5%)
Wind: Warrior
3 (13.6%)
Wind: Mage
5 (22.7%)
Water: Warrior
2 (9.1%)
Water: Mage
4 (18.2%)
Any Element: Boss: Mage
1 (4.5%)
No Element: Boss: Warrior
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Did you pick it for the fancy looking attacks? I'm sure they spent more time making flashy moves for Isaac and Felix than they did on the rest of the game.

RTGreece21

i didnt know wether or not to be a mage or a warrior. i didnt pick it for the flashy moves at all. i wanna manipulate plants and stuff~ then i could grow elegant plants that can't grow wherever i am usually. i also like swords and scythes, not staves or ankas or whatever, so i guess thats why i chose warrior ^^; i waould have an extremely huge garden of almost every plant i like~
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Sajin

Damn, I selected earth mage instead of earth warrior...
I simply love Odyssey and Annihilation!

leon_95

:Mercury:Water Mage... (the water rules the World!!!)
Mostly active in the Speedrunning discord, and have taken a long long break from this community here.

Shinigami

Quote from: Salanewt on 07, June, 2010, 09:42:36 PM
Basically, for the possible creativity for each element...

Jupiter (1)
Mercury (2)
Venus (2)
Mars (4)

Just my personal opinion...
since Mars adepts would have control over heat and heat is one of the most basic forms of energy(last time I checked...), would that not mean that, if the user were to master the Mars element, they would be able to control a basic form of energy and manipulate it to form any type of matter(since all mater is a form of energy) the user would desire? Or have I understood this wrong...

If Mars adepts could manipulate energy, they would also be able to take energy away from objects, therefore being able to stop things from having energy...? This would counter things like projectiles by taking their energy away, causing them to fall to the ground. <-  If what I said here turns out to be true, would they not be able to prevent wind or water adepts 'flying' by taking their energy away?
Wouldnt they also be able to create heat so great that it melts solid projectiles?

On the subject of quick and efficient, non trace leaving kills (right terminology?), would earth adepts be able to create a fissure in the ground that would cause the enemy to fall, then close the fissure? Or do this after a messy kill to cover up the evidence? And wouldent they be able to cause stalactites to fall on any flying enemies?

I'm not trying to prove people wrong, just trying to give them something to think about...

sorry if this offended anyone.

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 06, June, 2010, 11:02:05 PM
Fire is nearly tied with water in combat, but since it makes for a messier assassin, it gets ranked lower. Complete control of fire means you could rather effortlessly incinerate a person just by looking at them, which is not something even another adept could deal with.

Uh, just asking but, aren't you kind of contradicting yourself?
I'm not meaning to be rude...just interested in knowing what you would think when re-reading that sentence...sorry :sad:.
So nanoka~

Aile~♥

Yes, but incineration would leave ashes and blackened bones, which would make it rather obvious that a murder took place.

On top of that, shouldn't you make an introduction topic?

Oh, and if you want to add something when no-one else has posted, use the edit button.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Shinigami

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 29, October, 2010, 12:44:54 PM
Yes, but incineration would leave ashes and blackened bones, which would make it rather obvious that a murder took place.

If you incinerate something/someone to the extent that all matter concerning the actual object/person would no longer be present, i'm sure no evidence would remain(if you do it thoroughly enough) :Mars: :Mars: :Mars: :MarsSet:
Think of total molecular OBLITERATION :medal: :!: :!:

I so totally wish the Lucky Medal where available for signatures...
So nanoka~

Hoopa

Quote from: Shinigami on 29, October, 2010, 11:35:35 AM

Just my personal opinion...
since Mars adepts would have control over heat and heat is one of the most basic forms of energy(last time I checked...), would that not mean that, if the user were to master the Mars element, they would be able to control a basic form of energy and manipulate it to form any type of matter(since all mater is a form of energy) the user would desire? Or have I understood this wrong...

If Mars adepts could manipulate energy, they would also be able to take energy away from objects, therefore being able to stop things from having energy...? This would counter things like projectiles by taking their energy away, causing them to fall to the ground. <-  If what I said here turns out to be true, would they not be able to prevent wind or water adepts 'flying' by taking their energy away?
Wouldnt they also be able to create heat so great that it melts solid projectiles?

...That's stretching it a bit. Besides that, even if it were possible to do, it would require massive amounts of energy, similar to if Jupiter adepts used Halt on an object to stop it. Although, it depends upon the projectile. And psynergy drain isn't a Mars ability, so that wouldn't work.
Quote from: leafgreen386 on 06, June, 2010, 11:02:05 PM
Fire is nearly tied with water in combat, but since it makes for a messier assassin, it gets ranked lower. Complete control of fire means you could rather effortlessly incinerate a person just by looking at them, which is not something even another adept could deal with.
Uh, just asking but, aren't you kind of contradicting yourself?
I'm not meaning to be rude...just interested in knowing what you would think when re-reading that sentence...sorry :sad:

I think Leaf is thinking about how it would also leave a blackened surrounding, similar to spontaneous combustion cases, whereas the other elements don't leave such traces.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Shinigami

Quote from: Whizkidhv on 29, October, 2010, 04:48:00 PM
I think Leaf is thinking about how it would also leave a blackened surrounding, similar to spontaneous combustion cases, whereas the other elements don't leave such traces.

Similar to previous points about channelling wind in certain areas very precisely, would a mars adept not be able to channel heat in a concentrated point like that(eg frying their brain, noone would know unless they actually dissected the person)?
So nanoka~

Griever

WOW you guys anyone who does not read the first 2 pages would think you are discussing how to murder someone ....

Fire Mage for me ><

besttp

:VenusStar: Earth Mage  :VenusStar:

Seems interesting to have a unique class like Himi has.
   :heart:
:VenusDjinni: