News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I wonder, what clan should I join?

Started by thenightsshadow, 07, June, 2010, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Role, that is completely unnecessary. Charon, that is completely unnecessary. Stop arguing, both of you. Please?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Hey, I'm not the one who started it.  If you'll kindly notice, most of my post were lighthearted and pretty much JOKING in nature until Charon started to get all serious about it.  Then I actually because scared that it was something I really did have to fight.

It's not my fault that the two of you have no sense of humor. >_>

thenightsshadow

Some more information.

Each of them are the initial partner of their respective characters.

Djinni:
One of them doesn't belong to an adept.
One of them isn't alone.
One of them made her partner bankrupt.
One of them is buyable for 99,999 coins (not sure how to program this in, yet).
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Rolina

The buyable one is easy.  Just have an NPC who's selling the creature for the money.  If they have the money and say yes, they make Reply A and Djinni get.  If they have the money and say no, Reply B.  If they don't have the money and say yes, Reply C.  If they don't have the money and say no, Reply D.

Charon

I'm sorry Role, but since it comes with Moderation capabilities I have to take it seriously. I did add a little field on the profile that allows you to establish positions in the Clan governments though.
Quote from: thenightsshadow on 11, June, 2010, 01:55:18 AM
Some more information.

Djinni:
One of them isn't alone.
Hrm, you want us to implement this into the fourms? Sounds kind of a good idea, but I wonder how we should calibrate the money system.

Rolina

Quote from: Corvidae on 11, June, 2010, 07:23:17 AM
I'm sorry Role, but since it comes with Moderation capabilities I have to take it seriously. I did add a little field on the profile that allows you to establish positions in the Clan governments though.
Yeah... we really didn't know about the actual mod position.  Thus we were having fun with it, turning it into a little mini event, humor and everything.  Would have been cool if you'd just played back, though, y'know?

Also, they're talking about implementing it into the games, however...

How would we get djinni in the first place?  What point would there be to the actual monetary system?  It better not be done by post count, because that'd just encourage spam.

Charon

Some systems use time logged on instead of post count. For example, you get 1 coin per minute logged on or something.

Salanewt

Funny you should mention that, I was about to suggest a monetary system based on time logged in. Would it be possible to impose minor taxes as well, or would we have to do without them?

Also, I would keep Rusticle Thenightsshadow.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I vote for a rewards based system.  The more you contribute to the forum in a positive manner, the more money you make.  This means making good, quality posts and being awarded by others for it.  There'd be a limit of one per post, a prohibition of clans rewarding their own members to prevent abuse, and the ability for the admin to revoke not only unjust rewards, but the rewarding priviledges of someone who's just going around rewarding any post.

For posts that are just the opposite, you receive fines.  Posts that result in moderation will result in a 50% drop of all your coins, in suspension or banishment a 100% drop.  Other than that, it'll be up to the admin.  If someone were to go and make a bunch of joke posts in the community hack planning threads, for example, they'd get heavily fined.

Posts that are fined cannot be rewarded, but posts that have been rewarded CAN be fined (the reward will also be revoked as well).

It'd be similar to the Karma system, but a little more complex.  There'd also be a way to spend money, but how... I've not figured out yet.

Charon

So it's more based on Karma? Interesting. But I think some people may end up abusing the feature. If they didn't though it would probably work the best of the three.

thenightsshadow

Quote from: Role on 11, June, 2010, 03:31:56 AM
The buyable one is easy.  Just have an NPC who's selling the creature for the money.  If they have the money and say yes, they make Reply A and Djinni get.  If they have the money and say no, Reply B.  If they don't have the money and say yes, Reply C.  If they don't have the money and say no, Reply D.

Oh, okay.  Just need to have the store NPCs making sure that there isn't any buying going on, since said character will be starting off inside a city and will have to fight for the last few gold coins.

Quote from: Corvidae on 11, June, 2010, 07:23:17 AM
Quote from: thenightsshadow on 11, June, 2010, 01:55:18 AM
Some more information.

Djinni:
One of them isn't alone.
Hrm, you want us to implement this into the fourms? Sounds kind of a good idea, but I wonder how we should calibrate the money system.

Sounds interesting (though I was talking about my new hack).  If you want, I can make/release quite a number of djinni for each adept type that haven't been used ever, and then perhaps using these djinni in a leveling system, there can be friendly wars within the guilds.

Of course, in order to earn coins, it should be via activity.  I'm thinking around 10 coins per post, 20 coins per started post, x1.5 that amount in their respective guild forums, and 1 coin per hour online.  What do you think?

Mastermind

How does the Karma system work, really?

Rolina

No, don't do that, TNS.  That's like putting in an easy mode.  Let them find out the hard way.

@Charon:  Uhh... that's why I put the restrictions in place.  Only those whom are clanned can actually gain Coins (thus encouraging membership), only those of a DIFFERENT clan can reward (so they have to be either clanless, admin, or not of the same clan as the poster), only the admin can fine (to prevent abuse), and the admin have the ability to not only negate a reward, but prevent people from handing out rewards as well.  I'd have said the GMs, too, but Jamie's proven himself untrustworthy already.

Like with what y'all did to Karma, make people give a reason behind their reward.  People should also have an option to alert the admin to a post that should be fined, but if they try to abuse it, they lose the ability to partake in the system.

Salanewt

Yeah, TNS, you should give away very little money in the town, since you should have to earn it through other means, like battles.

Please don't do it entirely through Karma! Some income is good that way, but we simply do not have enough members to do it solely by Karma (it should be combined with something like being signed in, so for every hour, you can get five coins).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

thenightsshadow

Of course, when I set those limits, I had the first buyable djinni at 50,000.

Anyways, besides that.
I'll be joining the Mercury Clan, and here's Rusticle's stats.

Name and Bonuses:
Rusticle - 14 HP, 5 PP, 2 AGL

Type of Djinni:
Attacking/Status Type

Description:
Stab through the enemy's heart of victory.

Targets:
One Enemy

Damage Dealt:
a 55 (for those who don't understand this, please consult your nearest FAQ)

Effect Description:
Remove all Buffs and Debuffs

Chance of Effect Happening:
100%

Enjoy~

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 11, June, 2010, 02:53:39 PM

(it should be combined with something like being signed in, so for every hour, you can get five coins).

Have a nice day.

We know who to come to when we need a loan then dont we? lol

Salanewt

Hehehe...

Anyway, I only suggested that because we have few active members as it is, and even fewer of them are unclanned. If we were to be awarded for time as well as Karma, it would be like awarding cash for coming here and preventing it from death, and then we are awarded (or punished with the Karma system) for good posts.

Or, a nice thing too would be to only use the Karma system for fines, so there is a 0% chance of anybody abusing it to gain money (and fines would be easy to understand anyway, so they would be easier to track). Well, it is up the admins of course, so...

Have a nice day!

Charon

The biggest problem with the Karma idea is that only moderators and above would be able to dole out the cash, but Atrius and I usually only go to certain sections, and Jamie isn't probably enough. We could possibly have people who are just assigned to giving out coins though, but they'd still have to be heavily moderated by Jamie, Atrius or I.

MaxiPower

best bet is if your logged in once per hour and not min you get a few coins... that way people like Sala will be rewarded for the time he spends here but not overallery rich... if people do get rewarded for being online, the site would be more active which is cool

thenightsshadow

Whatever system you wish to use, I'll be ready with the djinni in case you want 'em.

Actually, now that I think about it, is it possible to combine Role's Djinn Battle system with Clan Wars?