News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Tales series

Started by Aile~♥, 08, June, 2010, 11:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Discuss!

Favourite characters, equipment setups, brokenness, boss strategies (beware of spoilers), etc.

My favourite characters: Genis Sage, Marta Lualdi, Lloyd Irving.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

RTGreece21

my favourite characters are Regal, Kratos, and Zelos~ X3
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

leaf

Proud zelos main right here.

/need to play more tales of games
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Arche and Finnel for me, though I'm starting to prefer Chloe.

Aile~♥

@leaf: READY FOR THIS?! Wind Blade!

leaf

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 09, June, 2010, 12:16:59 AM
@leaf: READY FOR THIS?! Wind Blade!
Who uses his spells? Except to cancel lag or occasionally heal, I mean. Super Chain ALLLLL DAIIIIIIII.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Marta super chains FAR better than Zelos. I mean, Add Combo 1, Add Combo 2, Ability Plus 1, Speed Cast 1, Speed Cast 2, Speed Cast 3, two Mystic Symbols, and Accelerate FTW!

BlazingPhoenix

Favorite Characters: Lloyd Irving, Estelle, Yuri Lowell, Raven, Zelos, Collete Brunel and Judith (in no particular order)

Charon

OH MY EFFING GOD YOUR AVATAR IS COLETTE HOLY CREP I LOVE COLETTE

I've only played two Tales of games so far - Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss. I enjoyed both but I prefer TotA. My favourite characters are Jade Curtiss, Guy Cecil, Raine Sage and Colette Brunel (obviously). Kratos is TEH OVERRATED. HE WILL DIE IN A POOL OF BLOOD MAGICALLY CREATED BY RAINE SAGE.

Actually, a while back, I did a Colette costume, but I didn't take any photos... and it's gone. Oh well, it was fun. Brunette Colette... Item Thiefing people in real life was so much damn fun.

BlazingPhoenix

If I could cosplay as a Symphonia character, it'd be Lloyd. Unfortunately I don't have the patience to learn or to try to make a costume. =(

Charon

Actually, I just made the thing that goes over Colette's shirt, and added purple cuffs. I know, it's lazy, but hey, I don't have enough money to make it from scratch.

I don't understand why people hate Colette. I was a beast with Colette when I went through Symphonia. Also a spammer... but a spamming beast. I really didn't like using any other character besides Lloyd. Persea was probably the worst character to control - she felt so heavy to use.

Aile~♥

Well, if Presea controls anything like Ike does in SSBB, I would LOVE playing as Presea.

Kratos IS overrated. His combos don't even look good! I mean, come on, TWO basic attack animations? When the basic combo is THREE hits? Really?
And actually, that pool of blood would have to be created by Richter, because he knows Negative Gate and Bloody Howling.

And your Colette couldn't POSSIBLY be as spammy as ANYBODY'S Emil Castagnier in the second ToS. I mean, like, Accelerate, anybody?

"Blade Fury! Blade Fury! Sword Rain Alpha! Blade Fury! Blade Fury! Sword Rain Alpha! Blade Fury! Blade Fury! Sword Rain Alpha!" etc.

I play a spammy Marta in ToS2 as well. I mean, my basic combo goes: AAAAAA -> Roaring Phoenix -> Tempest Swallow. And I use that same combo ALL THE TIME. Whenever I get an opportunity, I add a Unison Attack on the end.

I don't really "hate" Collete, and her actual fighting skills can be pretty good, but she is WAY ditsy.

Charon

:Sweat: :Jupiter: Colette is a total ditz. That's why I like her.

...but Kratos fangirls are scary. I know one in real life ._.

Rolina

Blaze... your avi as adorable.  Even if I've not experience with ToS, I approve.

BlazingPhoenix

Thanks. I wish I could figure out how to get the white background to go away though. =(

Salanewt

These games seem interesting... How long have they been available to the public for?

Also, for removing the white background... You need to have the image in a GIF format, and you need to restrict the palette limit to at least 256 colours, instead of 16 million. A program like Photoshop or Psuit can help as well.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Oh, that's easy.  Open it in Paint.NET, use the magic wand tool, select the white background, press delete, SAVE AS .PNG (won't work if you use .jpg!), and voila, done.

BlazingPhoenix

Posting in this thread to say I have this desktop now:
[spoiler=It's HUGE D:]
[/spoiler]

Charon

MaxiPower

Tales of Symphonia (gamecube only) is up there in the best RPG ever category for me...

Kratos is the man and I always get Zelos killed of so I can get meh Kratos end game

Tales of Eneternia is also another great game, i played the PSP version but it was originally a JPN PSX game