News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I wonder, what clan should I join?

Started by thenightsshadow, 07, June, 2010, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Quote from: Corvidae on 12, June, 2010, 11:33:22 AM
The biggest problem with the Karma idea is that only moderators and above would be able to dole out the cash, but Atrius and I usually only go to certain sections, and Jamie isn't probably enough. We could possibly have people who are just assigned to giving out coins though, but they'd still have to be heavily moderated by Jamie, Atrius or I.

Nah, you'd just need to confirm it.  It's other members that dole it out - just not those of the same clan, to prevent abuse.

So I can't reward Leaf, but I can reward Sala, for example.

thenightsshadow

Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Rolina

I'm not a fan of using post counts or log time, as both are easily abusable.  What do you suggest?

Atrius (He/Him)

*sigh*

Why are you turning this forum designed for cooperation toward a common goal into a place divided into competing factions?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Competition breeds inspiration.  Would you rather have the big three (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) working together, or competing amongst one another?

If we compete for ideas for the hack, for example, it'll go farther than if everyone just feeds off of each other with similar ideas.  Give it some time - it may work in a beneficial nature.

Also, the main fighting thing?  That's all fun and games.  This gives us time to, well, pass the time while we continue to wait for an update to the editor.

Charon

...But aren't we working together on the same project? That'd be like Nintendo falling apart into 4 different opposing sections while working on a new game because one guy wanted Mario and another wanted Luigi, not like Nintendo in the market against Sony and Microsoft.

I honestly put up the clans for people to have some sort of affiliation, regardless of whether or not they want to be peaceful. I won't stop you guys from having wars, but please keep the "hatred" off the rest of the forum. We are a team after all.

Regardless, the purchase system... I still think getting money should be similar to getting Karma - but seriously, none of the mods or the admins actually read every single post on this forum (that's why we encourage the use of the report button), but at the same time someone could just give their friend coins every hour or whatever just because they're your friend. Even though I added the "Karma Comments" section to prevent this (which allows me to view every Karma comment as well, as well as delete Karma posts), I still think it could be taken advantage of.

Post count? Out of the question. Time spent online wouldn't be a bad alternative, although one could loiter just to gain coins. Maybe we could convert Karma into coins, and use it to buy stuff...

I don't know if you guys know this, but there's a special profile field that only Admins can change called "Emblems". Perhaps we could add another for items, Djinn ect. without making a completely new system. The big disadvantage would be that it would be all done manually though.

EDIT: I tested the custom profile fields, they can handle image tags. I'm thinking about allowing people to buy Equipment, Items, Djinn, Summons (requires Djinn though) and Badges (special items that are limited edition).