News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn!

Started by Charon, 15, June, 2010, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Oh yeah, thanks Role.

Fixed!

And I have a new theory. Comparing that Karis image to this image...

It would seem like Terrell leaves your party for a bit. I mean, having 28 HP with Terrell compared to 80+ without Terrell...

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Good eye, Sala.  That's very likely to be the case.  Can't wait to see some show floor videos, personally.

One of the ideas going around in GameFAQs is that the fourth PICTURED character is ISAAC - as a tutorial ally, kinda like Jenna in GS1.  There in the beginning, but leaves afterwards.  It would explain the 2 Handed sword, which looks like it's in stark contrast to Crown's HP multiplier.

Hoopa

That could explain it, but then why is he named Crown? Maybe it's a title he's gotten over the ages..? Also, doesn't it take place 30 years afterwards? Wouldn't he look a bit older...?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

By that logic, her name isn't Jenna, it's Mia.

Reread my post.  It suggests that we don't actually see Crown in any pic where he's also named - the character at the bottom wasn't named, so that may not be them - that could be Tutorial Ally Isaac.

Hoopa

Ah I see... That makes sense then.

On another note... wasn't Jenna going to take Mia's place originally and vice versa? Wait, nvm. Irrelevant.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Are you implying that Isaac a damsel in distress?

Salanewt

Aw, isn't Mars so cute? From what I can tell, its tail shrunk a tiny bit though.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Unless a part of it is inside the wall?

Edit again:

Somehow, I think Crown does come with you to later areas.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Naw, that's just perspective.

Also:  No, that looks like a tutorial area.  Otherwise, I highly doubt they'd have split up like that just to cast a psynergy.  Methinks it may be Papa Isaac.

Salanewt

QuoteAlso:  No, that looks like a tutorial area.  Otherwise, I highly doubt they'd have split up like that just to cast a psynergy.  Methinks it may be Papa Isaac.

You are probably right. He does come with you to multiple areas though, which is kind of odd in a way.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Could this not be the same area, though?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

It could. Who else hates the names of Matthew, Karis and Terrell? When it comes out, I'll be using Renn for Matthew, Sarina for Karis and Durion for Terrell, who else is changing their names?

leaf

The only name I don't like is Karis, since it reminds me of Karas.

Anyway, @Role quoting the press release: Ah, interesting... so no alternate world, but now for some reason we have the psynergy equivalent of black holes. I guess that makes the question "where is this psynergy going to?" Probably to whatever was supposed to be sealed away...

Well, we can count on there being some kind of powered down sequence in the game at some point, now >_>
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

MaxiPower

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 15, June, 2010, 04:46:19 PM
It could. Who else hates the names of Matthew, Karis and Terrell? When it comes out, I'll be using Renn for Matthew, Sarina for Karis and Durion for Terrell, who else is changing their names?

remember the names could change.....

but yea

Issac looking dude = Oscar
red head guy now is = Fergal
Girls name can stay

thenightsshadow

Is there any possibility that these names ARE changed names and that they're not actually shown yet?
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

MaxiPower

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 15, June, 2010, 05:02:46 PM
Is there any possibility that these names ARE changed names and that they're not actually shown yet?

doubt it? Then again, when the game gets translated for us it may different names.

Rolina

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 15, June, 2010, 05:02:46 PM
VERY strong.

After all, nobody names their kid Crown.  That's just silly, like naming your Daughter Brassiere. Only japan would think that's normal.

These are likely the japanese games, like Robin, Mary, and Gerald.  It'll likely be changed internationally.

Atrius (He/Him)

Just like how PP is label EP.  That's what it was in the Japanese Golden Sun, Psynergy was just called Energy, and Adepts were called Energists.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Exactly.  So we have strong reason to believe that they'll get different names here.  Especially Crown - honestly, who names their kid after a hat?

MaxiPower

So at least theres hope for the names......

seriously Matthew has to go...

Atrius (He/Him)

Also, about the discussion about whether Terrell or Karis joins first, don't forget that when the original GS was created the early screen shots had Mia fighting in Sol Sanctum and no signs of Ivan.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]