News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn!

Started by Charon, 15, June, 2010, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 15, June, 2010, 10:26:35 PM
Also, about the discussion about whether Terrell or Karis joins first, don't forget that when the original GS was created the early screen shots had Mia fighting in Sol Sanctum and no signs of Ivan.

True again, it will be interesting to see whats changed when released if anything and also if there is any notable changes to the sprites from this years E3 to lasts...

MaxiPower

new info from The Golden Sun Realm I dont know how to quote from another website so this will have to do

This evening, I was graced with an E3 attendee's presence (I'm still fumbling at the keyboard thinking about it) who had a chance to play the demo of the new Golden Sun game. Thank you very much!

The title screen's music was an arrangement of the first Golden Sun's main theme.
Stylus control is optional.

The demo had two modes: Adventure and Battle.

Adventure Mode
Solved puzzles, for example with "Move" Psynergy and rolling logs.
Introduced a new Psynergy used in the field called Fireball, used to burn and light.
Climbed a tree to rescue a Jupiter Djinni.

There is a point in the demo where you stand on a tree firing at a portrait of Tret and Saturos.

Battle Mode
Top screen showed the Djinn on standby or recovery mode.
Some Djinn have unique appearances. The one in seen in the screenshot is Flower.
Djinn names so far have been ones from the previous game.
When summoned, the Djinn in the top screen turn into the little elemental circles/icons (recovery mode).

The demo gave 2 Djinni to each character. 2 Djinni x 3 characters.

Thanks again!!

Rolina

Quote from: Role on 15, June, 2010, 02:28:25 PM

Just noticed something.

THAT'S NOT TERRELL.  Note the different outfit and what not!

Salanewt

It could be similar to Young Isaac and Isaac though.

Also, I KNEW that the djinn in the top had something to do with that!

So Flower is the ugly one. At least they have variations now, cool.

Fireball looks promising.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

Hey Role you're right! Maybe it's Garet... Nah. Looks too young. It's probably like what Salanewt said, a different version of Terrell later on.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Fireball looks to be similar to the idea I had for Flare.  I wonder if it'll work in the same way - being a low-class psynergy as well?

@You mean OLDER Isaac and Garet, right?  It'd be cool if they helped out out in the first dungeon.  A nice bit of fanservice to us!

MaxiPower

Flower Venus Djinn basically confirms that the orignial djinn are back and not new ones which is good...

Rolina

Not necessarily.  It could very well be a mix of remixed versions of the old ones as well as some new ones.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 15, June, 2010, 11:21:19 PM
Not necessarily.  It could very well be a mix of remixed versions of the old ones as well as some new ones.

were do these new djinn come from tho? we had to get them all to get into inner sol sactum inner anemos, cant remember which think the latter... would be a stupid plot if new djinn appear....

Hoopa

Hey, what makes you think Djinn can't reproduce...?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

Quote from: whizkidhvq on 15, June, 2010, 11:45:12 PM
Hey, what makes you think Djinn can't reproduce...?

come on dude, it states that 72 are needed, It can be asumed that they never die

Hoopa

True... but they were sealed. Maybe they want to get back to a normal life? Also, they could be born from the natural psynergy that used to be in the world...

MaxiPower

Quote from: whizkidhvq on 15, June, 2010, 11:49:36 PM
True... but they were sealed. Maybe they want to get back to a normal life? Also, they could be born from the natural psynergy that used to be in the world...

I would like to see the Djinn getting more powers as the GS power is released.. maybe open up some new techniques and possibility's but for the sake of story the should be the same

Aile~♥

I'd like to see the Tutorial Djinni pull a Tenebrae and stay around for the whole game while making snide comments and rude hints. XD
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Looking at the demo that Maxi found... As enemies, we appear to have Flutter Seeds and Rat Skulks. I see some portraits as well! I think I know what the next ones that I might attempt will be. The portraits even seem to follow the current character's stats (so when it is Karis' turn, her portrait moves beside her stats, instead of all of them being set in the same place).

Did anyone else notice that in part 2, both Matthew and Karis have different Attack icons? One has a sword to resemble that option, and Karis has a staff. Terrell also has an axe for his.

Here is the demo that Maxi supplied, so you can have a good idea as to what I am talking about.

I was unable to look at Part 1 though.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Honestly with the djinn, I think its entirely plausible that the release of alchemy could produce more djinn.

I added this topic to the calandar. When a release date is announced, we'll change the day to that date.

Atrius (He/Him)

We probably shouldn't add it to the calender until a date actually is announced, we wouldn't want to confuse people that don't know what's going on.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

them commentators suck... if they just got the Karis character to use psyngery then her elemental would be cleared up, if they just defended then used a djinn we would know what the look like...

then he goes on to explain (whilst stopping playing for a few secs) how a turn based game works... Does he not know turn based games are going longer than he is in the business.

MULITI-TASK PEOPLE,

But im sure they will do and extensive look into games like COD were all the developers will pile onto each giving us the same info...

He makes me sick. Another example why the likes of gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers are crooks. 3 days is more than enough to give something more than a 5 min job....

Im gonna get all mafia on them and send them a dead animal or something.

Salanewt

Maxi: Lol.

Anyway, for this quote...

QuoteHonestly with the djinn, I think its entirely plausible that the release of alchemy could produce more djinn.

There isn't much else to say about that prossibility, aside from the fact that Alchemy might enhance some of their powers as well, allowing them to exhibit their powers in how they look (mainly referring back to Flower).

Overall, this looks like it will be an amazing game. I fail to see why the demo tester had to tell us what an RPG is (since most people who would even go to a gaming website should at least have some basic knowledge of this).

Have a nice day.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Yeah, the tester's a NOOB. WE ALL KNOW WHAT AN RPG IS YOU DUMBASS! He's s'posed to be a game reviewer, WHAT. A. JOKE. Please next time send someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT AN RPG IS to E3.

I hope that there are new spells, classes and summons in the game, too. Maybe a summon STRONGER than IRIS.