News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn!

Started by Charon, 15, June, 2010, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

NU.

Sheba would be 44. Ivan would be 45.

:Ivan: So I'm supposing Alchemy caused us to age faster...
:Garet: SAYWAT
:Ivan: Well you see, we aged 30 years in the duration of 7...
:Jenna: That is a bit strange to say the least...
:Felix: Guys, it's called Camelot getting off their dead @#$. This is something to celebrate.

Also, got the Demo video up. Wow, this game looks beautiful in animation. The screens don't do justice!

Omg the Jupiter djinni is even cuter than before! I hope they get new art too!

MaxiPower

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 17, June, 2010, 08:25:42 AM
NU.

Sheba would be 44. Ivan would be 45.

:Ivan: So I'm supposing Alchemy caused us to age faster...
:Garet: SAYWAT
:Ivan: Well you see, we aged 30 years in the duration of 7...
:Jenna: That is a bit strange to say the least...
:Felix: Guys, it's called Camelot getting off their dead @#$. This is something to celebrate.

Also, got the Demo video up. Wow, this game looks beautiful in animation. The screens don't do justice!

Omg the Jupiter djinni is even cuter than before! I hope they get new art too!

I thought the time that it takes to complete the journey would add the year lol

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I meant to type 45, so that was just a typo. Sheba is only 14 though? I thought she was 15, and Ivan was 14... Oops, I switched them around. That is the problem with clones, it can be hard to distinguish them!

Yeah, those screenshots do not show the game very well. Luckily, with at least the one demo video that Maxi found, they supply portraits for the characters.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Quote from: Role on 17, June, 2010, 12:16:45 AM
Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 16, June, 2010, 11:07:06 PM
Both Wind Healing spells are from the same set: I got a look at the target range, and it showed: ||||||||, which means Target All.

Also, Tyrell has Heat Wave, but that doesn't make him a clone. Besides, we didn't even get a good view of Matthew's Psy List. All we saw were Ragnarok and two things that looked like Quake and Earthquake. If we'd seen just that much of Tyrell's list, we'd assume he was a Guard (we'd have gotten to see Heat Wave, Flare, and Flare Wall, exactly the same as the first three spells in Garet's psy list).

We don't know that we saw Matthew using a Mars spell. The colour looked almost right for a Venus based attack. After all, it was just one screenshot.
He's not a clone - in another vid I saw, the guy looked like he was having him cast Nova.  Guard does NOT HAVE THAT.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-golden-sun/101750#comments_top
Forgive his stupidity and butchering of the word Psynergy - there's a very good example of a new (though similar) class in there!

It appears you missed my point entirely: My point was, that the first three spells in Tyrell's psy list are the same as the first three in Garet's, just like the first three spells in Matthew's psy list are the same as the first three in Isaac's! Thus, if we'd seen the SAME AMOUNT OF TYRELL'S PSY LIST AS WE SAW OF MATTHEW'S, we'd ASSUME that Tyrell is a Guard.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

MaxiPower

New Info Taken from the Golden Sun Realms...

Exploring the Town
The starting village is a new place where survivors from Vale are living. (BGM: Arranged Vale theme!)
There's a cottage where the "Heroes of Vale" live.
Isaac is confirmed to be one of these heroes.
The McCoys now own a large area of land around Bilibin. Lord McCoy has stepped down.
Bilibin sounds close to where the new Vale village is.
Continents have expanded since the activation of the Golden Sun.
The people outside the new village seem to think of the Golden Sun as a curse instead of a blessing.
In some places outside of the village, the heroes from the previous games and adepts in general are not very liked.

Salanewt

QuoteIn some places outside of the village, the heroes from the previous games and adepts in general are not very liked.

Wow. I am sure that in other areas though, they would probably be loved (especially in the Prox area). I can see why people would dislike the Golden Sun though, since monsters are probably stronger because of it.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

It'd be nice if we had a more reliable source so we knew for sure it wasn't just rumors.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 17, June, 2010, 05:55:53 PM
It'd be nice if we had a more reliable source so we knew for sure it wasn't just rumors.

It was posted by Cinder himself

read the full article, Maybe i should of posted that.. but the post was updated since yesterday

EDIT WOOOOPS http://goldensunrealm.com/index.php?board=2.0

EDIT 2:

I should mention his post before explaining the battle system etc was up before any videos

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm aware of that, but it's still not enough to call it anything other than rumors for now.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Unless Cinder posted a source or a Vid confirming this, then all we can file it under is 'rumor' for the time being.

Also:  Ah, I see.  That is a good point... So perhaps it's just the Ragnarok and Quake psys that are shared?  Time will tell, I guess...

Edit:  I just realized something.  Nothing says that the power of spells didn't change - as a result, we cannot accurately say how strong the Breeze line is until we actually see the new versions of Aura and Wish.  For all we know, they may have gotten nerfed - or for some strange stupid reason, buffed.  I suppose time will tell.

Salanewt

Hopefully, Camelot will not follow Nintendo's trend of making it harder to die in fun games *coughcoughcough*Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2*coughcoughcough*, so the Aura series (if it survives) will at least remain the same, if not become weaker. I also hope for the Wish, Ply, and Cure series to have increased PP costs as well.

Yeah, the lovely rumour cabinet. Considering thousands of rumours have been released for games, this game gets a whole file.

And hopefully, so we have more to play, they make this only a part of multiple games (at least so it has a second part, but it would be better for four or more).

Have a nice day.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: MaxiPower on 17, June, 2010, 05:48:14 PM
New Info Taken from the Golden Sun Realms...

Exploring the Town
The starting village is a new place where survivors from Vale are living. (BGM: Arranged Vale theme!)
There's a cottage where the "Heroes of Vale" live.
Isaac is confirmed to be one of these heroes.
The McCoys now own a large area of land around Bilibin. Lord McCoy has stepped down.
Bilibin sounds close to where the new Vale village is.
Continents have expanded since the activation of the Golden Sun.
The people outside the new village seem to think of the Golden Sun as a curse instead of a blessing.
In some places outside of the village, the heroes from the previous games and adepts in general are not very liked.

Since we now have video of the town a few of these rumors can be confirmed.  (Starts at 7:30 in the video)

Charon

Credit goes to Cinder of GSR for this:
Quote from: Cinder on 13, July, 2010, 10:17:30 PM

Posted by Daft Monk in a Discussion Thread, scan retrieved from NintendoEverything.com.

Whoops, I basically left everyone hanging overnight. No new information really, just an introduction to what Golden Sun is and what Psynergy is. Matthew's part is a tad too hard for me to read, so I've only got the other two for you below. The subtitle is "Shikkokunaru Yoake" which -- as you guessed -- can translate to "Dark Dawn".

Karis
An Adept who uses Wind Psynergy.
A reliable, strong-willed character.

Tyrell (Japanese name: Terry)
An Adept who uses Fire Psynergy.
Mischievous. Matthew's close friend.

And a full page translation by Aspartate! Aspartate is a writer of multiple Golden Sun guides which you can find at Gamefaqs. Thank you very much for your work.

Charon

On temple of Kraden, I found this little gem:

Could this mean that djinn... evolve? o.o

MaxiPower

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 20, August, 2010, 11:18:54 AM
On temple of Kraden, I found this little gem:
Could this mean that djinn... evolve? o.o

No each and every Mars Djinn look different from each other, same with other djinn... this is old news, did you not know ?

Silly Billy :L  :heart:

Charon

Bah, I haven't been on the internet for long enough over this summer! But this section needs to get updated anyhow. lol

MaxiPower

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 20, August, 2010, 11:26:03 AM
Bah, I haven't been on the internet for long enough over this summer! But this section needs to get updated anyhow. lol

ah right, i understand :)

Salanewt

I like what I see underneath that red "WAT" on that page. At level 9, Karis seems to have elemental levels of :Mercury: 1 and :Jupiter: 1. Of course, as she is our Jupiter Adept, it does not seem likely to me that this includes her base elemental level. I am guessing that by this stage of the game, you can have those two elements as djinn? That picture almost looks like it contains the new screens for when you change classes, since one psynergy is highlighted in red, two might be highlighted in yellow, and there is a green arrow to indicate djinni trading. It also looks like the old and new classes are displayed, to show changes.

Otherwise... Nothing new in this picture (well, other than seeing one Mars form and a large dog-like monster). Gondowan  seems to be the same mostly, and... Wait, is that a crater? Near where we would imagine Indra (or Osenia) to be.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Are you sure that's not just set djinni, Sala?

Salanewt

Oh, right. I found it hard to tell because of that stupid label in the way (the Japanese one, but the "WAT" label made it harder too)... Of course, I would expect the screens to be relatively similar, considering both involve enabling/disabling psynergy, changing classes, and changing stats.

Have a nice day.