News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn!

Started by Charon, 15, June, 2010, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn

A classic role-playing game branches out with a new look, countless adventures and heroic battles. The game picks up 30 years after the first two games in the series left off. At the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, the heroes succeeded in bringing the world-healing power of the Golden Sun back to the world of Weyard. In the years since, the immense power of the Golden Sun has changed nearly everything. Continents have shifted. New countries have emerged. New species have appeared. But the world is now imperiled by- a new threat. Psynergy Vortexes, which suck the elemental Psynergy from both the land and power-wielding Adepts alike, are spreading across the world. The new generation of heroes – the children of those from the previous games – are drawn into the mystery behind the vortexes, as they cross a chaotic world that is succumbing to a new evil.

FEATURES

• Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.
• The story takes place 30 years after the final events of the second game, when the Golden Sun Effect occurred. The main characters are the  descendents of the previous game's heroes.
• Intuitive touch-screen control has been implemented throughout the game, controlling character movements and the release of Psynergy – magical abilities with powerful effects over people and the environment. Touch control also streamlines battle commands and gives players a stronger tactile connection to the action on the screen.
• Players will explore a vast and beautifully rendered world where they will find many treasures, encounter dangerous creatures and manipulate objects blocking their path. Players will also hunt for and collect Djinn, mysterious elemental creatures used to summon powerful spirits in battle.

An Attendee's Account
QuoteThe title screen's music was an arrangement of the first Golden Sun's main theme.
Stylus control is optional.

The demo had two modes: Adventure and Battle.

Adventure Mode
Solved puzzles, for example with "Move" Psynergy and rolling logs.
Introduced a new Psynergy used in the field called Fireball, used to burn and light.
Climbed a tree to rescue a Jupiter Djinni.

There is a point in the demo where you stand on a tree firing at a portrait of Tret and Saturos.

Battle Mode
Top screen showed the Djinn on standby or recovery mode.
Some Djinn have unique appearances. The one in seen in the screenshot is Flower.
Djinn names so far have been ones from the previous game.
When summoned, the Djinn in the top screen turn into the little elemental circles/icons (recovery mode).

The demo gave 2 Djinni to each character. 2 Djinni x 3 characters.
Thanks for the account, Maxipower!

Information confirmed from the gameplay demo:
QuoteExploring the Town
The starting village is a new place where survivors from Vale are living. (BGM: Arranged Vale theme!)
There's a cottage where the "Heroes of Vale" live.
Isaac is confirmed to be one of these heroes.
The McCoys now own a large area of land around Bilibin. Lord McCoy has stepped down.
Bilibin sounds close to where the new Vale village is.
Continents have expanded since the activation of the Golden Sun.
The people outside the new village seem to think of the Golden Sun as a curse instead of a blessing.
In some places outside of the village, the heroes from the previous games and adepts in general are not very liked.

[spoiler=Videos of the demo]

[/spoiler]

Additional Screen Shots
[spoiler=Screenshots]

[/spoiler]

Character Artwork - (Warning, it's huge)
[spoiler=Matthew][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Karis][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Terrell][/spoiler]

Trailer
NTR_GoldenSun_01mov01_E3.zip (High Quality, 101MB)

Or watch it here!

Hoopa

Here's what I've figured out from the video.

It seems like Issac and the gang are going to have an appearance in this game as well, although you probably don't get to play as them.

Matthew, Karis and Terrel are the children of some of the main characters.

So far, only three characters are confirmed, although it looks like there could be 1 or 2 more in the same party judging from the space left over in the battle screen on the top.

As for the plot, something seems to have gone wrong with the Golden Sun, and dark vortex/portal things are popping up everywhere.

Also, it looks like Isaac grew out his hair.
Nvm. He's just older.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Terrell!  With TWO Ls!

Anywho, I can't wait.  Freaking Christmas, man!  CHRISTMAS!

Hoopa

Whoops, sorry Role. I didn't really pay much attention to the names. Older Issac looks cool though.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

Already a tradition is broken

All characters thus far never had more than 5 letters per name...

Anyway trailer in good quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owajWfn4Tys

Rolina

There was a reason for that, though - space limitation.  We've got a new limit now.

leaf

My theory: those dark orbs are actually portals to another world, either a "dark world" or to the weyard of the past (how else would there be whole new dungeons and stuff when we already explored the entire world in the first two games?).
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Hoopa

Alright, after watching the trailer again, here's what I've got.

Old places are still there but with a new look.

New fire field psynergy or maybe burst in a new form?.

Matthew is presumably a Venus adept.

Karis is presumable a Jupiter adept.

Terrell is presumably a Mars adept.

Obviously new summons.
Whoops. Just new looks for old summons ehehe.

PP is now EP, probably for Energy Points.

@Leaf: That seems plausible judging from the scorched area they showed. Either that, or the golden sun is making things completely screwy in some places.

Salanewt

If that is the case, for the adepts, then I am slightly dissapointed. I was kind of hoping for a Mercury adept near the beginning, and then have Mars come later or something.

As for Karis and Terrell... They probably are, but there is a chance that they are using psynergy from outside their base classes (considering we know it to be possible with djinn).

EP, wasn't that what was used in the Japanese versions of the other Golden Suns for PP? There is a chance that they have not changed the image yet.

Yeah, the fire field psynergy is awesome.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Karis could be a Mercury Adept, just in one of the classes that gets Plasma.

Though, that does look more like Ray.

But maybe they made new non-base classes?

BTW, those summons aren't new. One was Azul, the other appears to be Boreas.

And as for Psynergy, I count Thorn (not something Isaac or Felix learn in base class, so either they made new base classes or the characters aren't in base class), Fire/Fireball, and either Ray or Plasma.

EP will probably be changed back to PP for the release.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Salanewt

Hey, the blue overcoat guy whizkid saw! Crown, what a name...

By the way, please tell me where you found those images?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

[spoiler=Terrell][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Matthew][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Karis][/spoiler]

No Crown art yet.

MaxiPower

Rolina

Do not belittle the power of the wind.

Score one for the Jupiter Clan.

Hoopa

Salanewt

Venus (unless it is just the summon) looks so strange now.

Also, it seems that Terrel joins after Karis.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

That's Neptune, Sala.  Use Image Tags and preview your post.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, Neptune is the whale... Okay then, the Robo-horse is Boreas.

Also, I tried using image tags [img], but they are not working. As a demonstration, I have made the Neptune image use them.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Said "is not" in this post when I meant "is", so this has been corrected.

Rolina

You're using the wrong thing - you're using the links.  To the side there's a 'direct link' option under where it says "Link to share this image" - highlight, copy, and paste into image tags.  

Quote from: leafgreen386 on 15, June, 2010, 02:00:01 PM
My theory: those dark orbs are actually portals to another world, either a "dark world" or to the weyard of the past (how else would there be whole new dungeons and stuff when we already explored the entire world in the first two games?).
Quote from: Nintendo Press Release"It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn
A classic role-playing game branches out with a new look, countless
adventures and heroic battles. The game picks up 30 years after the first two
games in the series left off. At the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, the
heroes succeeded in bringing the world-healing power of the Golden Sun back
to the world of Weyard. In the years since, the immense power of the Golden
Sun has changed nearly everything. Continents have shifted. New countries
have emerged. New species have appeared. But the world is now imperiled by
a new threat. Psynergy Vortexes, which suck the elemental Psynergy from
both the land and power-wielding Adepts alike, are spreading across the world.
The new generation of heroes – the children of those from the previous games
– are drawn into the mystery behind the vortexes, as they cross a chaotic world
that is succumbing to a new evil."

"FEATURES:
• Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both
Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.
• The story takes place 30 years after the final events of the second game, when the
Golden Sun Effect occurred. The main characters are the descendents of the
previous game's heroes.
• Intuitive touch-screen control has been implemented throughout the game, controlling
character movements and the release of Psynergy – magical abilities with powerful
effects over people and the environment. Touch control also streamlines battle
commands and gives players a stronger tactile connection to the action on the
screen.
• Players will explore a vast and beautifully rendered world where they will find many
treasures, encounter dangerous creatures and manipulate objects blocking their
path. Players will also hunt for and collect Djinn, mysterious elemental creatures used
to summon powerful spirits in battle."