News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn!

Started by Charon, 15, June, 2010, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Thursday, time again for a weekly official site update.

[spoiler=Salanewt, pretty much just Salanewt]Stella does appear to be some inhuman race, not quite full werewolf though she could be.  It's also pretty much confirmed that she has Jupiter powers.  Kraden is confirmed, as well as being Reif/Crowns tutor.  Isaac's beard is epic, and it looks like we will be getting that female venus mage that so many people wished for.[/spoiler]
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 14, October, 2010, 03:44:04 PM
Thursday, time again for a weekly official site update.

[spoiler=Salanewt, pretty much just Salanewt]Stella does appear to be some inhuman race, not quite full werewolf though she could be.  It's also pretty much confirmed that she has Jupiter powers.  Kraden is confirmed, as well as being Reif/Crowns tutor.  Isaac's beard is epic, and it looks like we will be getting that female venus mage that so many people wished for.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=]

I Think Stellas change may have something to do with alchemy as in, All people of Garoh now are were creatures all the time.

Also there was a pic of animals playing instruments, this suggests that Spade or at least heart who looks like a succubus were monsters than became more intellect with the release of alchemy

EDIT: "she is described as of a man-beast race who mutated after the rising of the Golden Sun"

Aile~♥

Planet Diver and Beam look epic in this game. Also, I like how they FINALLY added different attack animations for multi-hit moves. (Note how in GS1 and GS2, they only had 1 attack animation, and just used different special effects to make it look different. This resulted in an odd thing where Isaac would strike left, then right with Gust, but still somehow end with his sword down and to the left.)
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

The new guy in the middle (inbetween Stella and the other girl) looks like he is so going to made of sexy hotstuff, it's not even funny. No, seriously. I'm already starting to fall over head over heels over this guy.

Also he looks like he could possibly be our thief.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I like how Golden Sun Realms has all this information. They seem updated a lot... Say, we have enough to predict a story... Whynot we just make our own predictions using evidence we've seen so far?

Also, tomorrow is Thursday, so expect a silhouette update. They are likely to be in the image MaxiPower linked to in the cbox.
[spoiler=HIMA and Haramony (spoiler for Salanewt)]
[/spoiler]

MaxiPower also announced that there was a new video in the cbox today, so I guess I can list it here, too.

***Below, I write my opinion on what may happen in the game.
I think we'll first get an introduction to the story up until now, which may include some things in the 30 years, dunno. And then, we'll meet Isaac, and Garet (who appears to have brownish hair?) This is where the game may open up. Isaac, being the leader of Vale, ofcourse has advanced technology built onto his house. (Not sure why?) Eventually, I'm assuming that Isaac and Garet teach Matthew and co. through tutorials... and eventually leading to where  Matthew and co. have to go on an adventure since Isaac is too busy leading Vale. Well, I think they are sent to Kraden... wherever he could be.. I am also wondering if they meet at the Psynergy Vortex... since looking at images Rief is not directly in the party but off to the side. It sounds like Spade is met early in the game, I think he kidnaps Rief (probably like how Jenna was kidnapped... having little or no time playing with said character)... eventually you save character, and this is probably his reason for joining.

Kraden sure does have thick eyebrows ...

[spoiler=A magazine image...][/spoiler]
Ît seems like the picture in the bottom-left hand corner reminds me of when Matthew was on the world map on land, and right when he saw that building there... it switched to showing something else. ( 0:24 - 0:29 )

Additionally, I really like the fact we got town maps now.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Charon

Hima... makes me think meh. But I really like Harmony. It must be my natural attraction to skinny-feeble looking men. ahahaha

MaxiPower

You problary have all seen but anyhow

[spoiler=regarding antagonists]Alex is back.[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

[spoiler=Salanewt, Salanewt and only Salanewt]Hima's outfit and eyes scream Mars Adept all the way (Eoleo's already got that role), but her staff says Venus.

Harmony's Mercury, we can tell that already (his outfit says either Venus or Mercury, but his hair says Mercury).[/spoiler]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

[spoiler]
QuoteAlex is back...
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! It looks like others agree as well... seeing the name of the image of the silohouette at Golden Sun Realm. Awesome! And now, to show an even larger comparison....

See cape, see hair.
[/spoiler]
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Charon

Alex comming back is a must. Also, apparently Ivan is still alive. Any pics of him? He's always been a personal favourite.
(also Stella, Hima and Harmony badges will be up shortly)

MaxiPower

We haven't seen him yet but apparently Mia has been sighted...

we also see Isaac letting of a messenger bird in one of the videos. I predict hes trying to contact Felix

EDIT:

Spade is now known as Blados in US/EU versions, okay this has yet to be confirmed but note it

Menaus

Wait a second...

Blados - B = lados + G = Glados - ldos = Ga + LDOS = GLaDOS!
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

MaxiPower

[spoiler=Small minor "major" update]

Isaac and Jenna are the parents of Matthew
This makes Felix, Matthews uncle

Susa and Kushinada are to return, as official art has been shown

Theres more info but needs translated

EDIT: Rief is Mias child, this makes all first four playable characters children of TBS characters

links
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8367/1287819854328.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2546/1287820112699.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8604/1287820325937.jpg

[/spoiler]

Griever

WOW i didn't see that coming .... at all......

[spoiler]i kinda had this in mind ....  :Garet::Jenna: = Tyrell[/spoiler]

thenightsshadow

I highly doubt it, but maybe Matthew's V/Ma hybrid class might have Fume...?

Nah.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Charon

Yay for Susa! He was one of my favourite characters. I think Hima's probably related to him...

Mion Sonozaki

So what ever happened to Eolo from GS2, or whoever the adept baby was that was Brigg's son? He always seemed link a sequel-esque character because of his such minor role, yet major appearance within the story. Besides helping break out Briggs, why was he an Adept?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Lishy on 25, October, 2010, 03:22:56 PM
So what ever happened to Eolo from GS2, or whoever the adept baby was that was Brigg's son? He always seemed link a sequel-esque character because of his such minor role, yet major appearance within the story. Besides helping break out Briggs, why was he an Adept?

were have you been lishy?

Eoleo is back, and he is a main character

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Eoleo

Mion Sonozaki

Holy crap, that's awesome! I never knew that was Eolo :!:
Now if only he wont suffer from Piers syndrome and we can make him a ninja pirate...

Aile~♥

@Maxipower: OK, so Isaac x Jenna = Matthew
And Garet x someone = Tyrel
And Mia x someone = Rief
But what about Karis?

I mean, you said that makes the first four characters from DD the children of characters from TBS. Does that mean that Ivan x someone = Karis?

@Lishy: It's spelled "Eoleo". Hopefully he doesn't suffer from Garet Syndrome either.

Assuming the classes are the same or similar to the first games, then yes, we can make him a ninja pirate. But we can't make him a zombie robot, so there.

Wait, I just realized something:

Eoleo + Piers = Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot