News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

E3 2010 Press Kit

Started by Atrius, 15, June, 2010, 07:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn

A classic role-playing game branches out with a new look, countless adventures and heroic battles. The game picks up 30 years after the first two games in the series left off. At the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, the heroes succeeded in bringing the world-healing power of the Golden Sun back to the world of Weyard. In the years since, the immense power of the Golden Sun has changed nearly everything. Continents have shifted. New countries have emerged. New species have appeared. But the world is now imperiled by a new threat. Psynergy Vortexes, which suck the elemental Psynergy from both the land and power-wielding Adepts alike, are spreading across the world. The new generation of heroes – the children of those from the previous games – are drawn into the mystery behind the vortexes, as they cross a chaotic world that is succumbing to a new evil.

FEATURES

• Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.
• The story takes place 30 years after the final events of the second game, when the Golden Sun Effect occurred. The main characters are the descendents of the previous game's heroes.
• Intuitive touch-screen control has been implemented throughout the game, controlling character movements and the release of Psynergy – magical abilities with powerful effects over people and the environment. Touch control also streamlines battle commands and gives players a stronger tactile connection to the action on the screen.
• Players will explore a vast and beautifully rendered world where they will find many treasures, encounter dangerous creatures and manipulate objects blocking their path. Players will also hunt for and collect Djinn, mysterious elemental creatures used to summon powerful spirits in battle.

Additional Screen Shots
[spoiler=Screenshots]

[/spoiler]

Character Artwork - (Warning, it's huge)
[spoiler=Matthew][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Karis][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Terrel][/spoiler]

Trailer
NTR_GoldenSun_01mov01_E3.zip (High Quality, 101MB)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Menaus

I think my mind just imploded
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Charon

Great! I'll copy this stuff into the announcement.

Atrius (He/Him)

I realize most of this was posted already, but this is straight from the official press kit so it's the highest quality version of the images & video you'll find.  There's also an extremely high-res (5950 x 3150) version of the logo if anyone wants it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Atrius (He/Him)