News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Ralshay's Diary Entry, Dec 11, 26XX

Started by thenightsshadow, 17, June, 2010, 01:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightsshadow

I finally understood today on why I used to be perfect.  I was a limiter.
No, nothing like those things that limit one's power to be more efficient like those on machines.  Nothing like what our brains do to keep us sane and under control.  No.

I set limits on everything, everyone, and every circumstance.  And there wasn't anything that swayed me from my belief.  School limited the grades to 100%.  Life limits you to a certain number of years.  Inexperience limits what jobs you can apply for.  All of these limits and more, I manipulated.

It is said that everyone has the power of manipulation.  It is up to each individual person to find out what it is he or she has acquired.  I have the power to manipulate limits.

But what does that even mean?  Is it really just as simple as setting a goal and reaching it, or is it much more truant than I would like it to be?

Limits.  It's all around us.  Like the manipulation of air, the manipulation of limits is abundant.  I cannot describe it length, but I can portray its effects.

We're limited by the margins on the page, or even how big the page is.  We're limited by the thoughts that pass by our brain, and we cannot create something that isn't already based off of something else.  I mean, notice how most aliens in those space movies have a huge similarity to at least one lifeform on earth?

We're even limited by the amount of resources surrounding us, limited by the culture that suppresses us, limited by the circumstances that raise us, limited by the teachings that nurture us, limited by the laws that enforce us.  It's only a little bit more to set goals, to enforce wills, to control the thoughts of many.   The self-righteous perfect and self-serving attitude I once had.  All because of limits.

It took one defeat and one challenge to change all that.  Even now, as the time ticks away towards Alexandre's fall, I sit here in this jail cell, thinking on what made me rise to the top, and plummet straight down to earth.

It was my strength, my ability to manipulate limits, that brought me up.  It was my weakness, my inability to manipulate ingenuity, that brought me down.

No wonder Curam calls me the Debacled Scientist.

Manipulate the limits of others and they will praise you for it.  Manipulate the limits of the earth and it will bless you.  Manipulate the resources of the heavens and it will heal you.  But manipulate the limits of freedom and it will punish you.

----

@ Role: You'll know who this is.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.