News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

3DS

Started by Salanewt, 18, June, 2010, 07:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Which is bullshit.  I'd obviously be kicking @#$ on my way back, throwing spells left and right and returning to my kingdom.  I am NOT a Queen that they should mess with.

Salanewt

So I had my second warrior last night, a black cat in green. My first one was a brown cat in purple. The purple ***** ran away after one turn, and the second cat got tired and left (with my money).

Role is right though, why are we captured? We should be able to choose a Mii to be captured, and then choose some of our own to train and fight. We can still get other Miis through Streetpass, but then the player should buy/upgrade abilities for their Miis instead of renting cats. With multiple Miis, one could play the game as often as they wish if it were like this. Oh well, what is done is done.

The Mii Plaza is still an interesting feature though. Hey, has anyone made a QR Code yet? You can scan them to receive other Miis.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Aye, I've been looking up how to make a "friendcode badge", which is basically the Mii scan thing, the QR Code, and the friendcode in one convenient image.

Turns out, I need a SD card reader to pull it off.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

So instead, settle for this for now:

Role:  0301-9783-7829

Since I know most of you guys, I'm actually comfortable posting it here, since we're mostly friends anyways.  I will reject any requests I don't see posted here, though, so make sure you post yours here before adding me!

Salanewt

But the 3DS comes with an SD card, in the lower left-hand slot. 2GB too, it is really nice.

Could you please tell me how to make a badge? I am not too sure, as I have not had as much time as I would like to test everything.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Ah, yes, the 3DS comes with one, but my compy doesn't have anything to read it with. That's the issue I'm having - I CAN get the images saved.  I just can't upload them anywhere.

Anywho, the badges I've seen use this basic formula:

I'll have a better example for you once I get a hold of an SD Card reader, and we can make a standardized version with it.

MaxiPower

Whats the battery life like, is it as bad as its been reported. and Here whats the charger like, i see its like a dock, is it comfortable playing whilst charging?

Rolina

The dock is great to rest it on when idling, and it's not too bad to hold when you're playing either.  It also uses the same plugin as the DSi, so if you've got a car charger you can charge it in the car if it gets low.  If you turn off 3D and lower the lighting level, the battery life gets much higher, so if you prefer FPS over 3D, you may wanna look into doing that.

Also, I must recommend this:  http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/ceca/

It'll extend the battery life of ALL your portable electronics, so it's a pretty damn good deal.

Hoopa

*sigh* I feel so left out... I have no chance of getting one until my birthday in late August...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 30, March, 2011, 05:43:22 PM
The dock is great to rest it on when idling, and it's not too bad to hold when you're playing either.  It also uses the same plugin as the DSi, so if you've got a car charger you can charge it in the car if it gets low.  If you turn off 3D and lower the lighting level, the battery life gets much higher, so if you prefer FPS over 3D, you may wanna look into doing that.

Also, I must recommend this:  http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/ceca/

It'll extend the battery life of ALL your portable electronics, so it's a pretty damn good deal.

Lol at the wrist charger thing lol, im not "THAT" desperate for battery life...

Rolina

You see it as desperate.  I see it as a great emergency power supply for any electronic gadget I have on me and forgot to charge/trip too longer that I was expecting.  Of course, though, it's not like I'd expect a Venusian to actually plan ahead just in case...

Hoopa

Hm... I think I'd rather stick with my homemade usb battery chargers. They're half that price and hold just as well... Anyway, is the 3DS really all it's cracked up to be? It's kinda sad that you can't really get the 3d effect without actually playing it, but how is it so far?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

You're on the bus in the middle of running your errands, your 3DS is critically low on battery power, and there's not a USB port in sight.  What do you do?

Also yes, it's actually better than I was expecting.  All we need now is software support in the form of games, and that's looking nice on the horizon - Zelda, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, etc...

Hoopa

Ah that's right, there really aren't any good games out yet... But there will be by August, right?

As for the charger thing, they have a port where I can plug in usb devices to charge. Have that, a usb=> dsi adapter and I'm good to go. If that fails, I always have my hand crank charger as a backup. Although I prefer avoiding that if at all possible...

zman9000

I think a car charger is cheaper. thats what i used when i was (forced) to go on a two week road trip out west last summer.
Execpt... our new car battery died 3 days after the trip...

But it was over 4000 miles so a wrist charger wouldn't be best for it any way.

I say just get a car charger.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

THIS JUST IN!

People all over the world suddenly, apparently, have driver's licenses and cars to boot!  More at 11!

Okay, sarcasm aside, zman, not everyone can afford a car.  I go by bus everywhere.  In fact, a lot of people don't have cars - and anyone under 15 definitely doesn't.  So while they're out hanging outside or something or maybe at a friend's house - and said friend may not have the proper charger.

I say think before you speak.

Salanewt

A nice tidbit, which I have been informed of by a good friend: early adopters of the 3DS will be able to get a free game. I think it was a Virtual Console game? Actually, that reminds me, I still have to register my system on Club Nintendo.

zman9000

@role: little tidbit for you.
If your taking a bus across the country and back, through the hottest places in the country for two weeks because you can't afford a car then you shouldn't be on a vacation (and probably shouldn't have a 200$ gaming device.)

Also I don't have a license yet. (I have a fear of driving... dew to my family getting me into over 20 car accents in my life and my first when I was 1 week old and my last 2 weeks ago...)

But really? a bus out west for two weeks! If it has air conditioning then you could buy a car for the cost of that trip.
QuoteI say think before you speak.
yeah that...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

I don't have the money for a cross country trip.  Why the hell would I take a bus that far?  I live in the city, genius.  Buses are what take me to places like work and the store.  Think before you post.

Besides, some of use DON'T LIKE having to connect to a wall when playing a portable device.

Atrius (He/Him)

You two do realize you're arguing about the other persons reasons for charging their 3DS they way they do as though it applied to you too right?  Honestly, why not start arguing about how you live in your own house instead of the other person's, or that your names aren't reversed next, it'd make as much sense.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

I noticed something interesting while I was going for a car ride earlier: in the Home menu, all of the graphical representations were sped up while we drove. As I sit now, the objects spin at the usual speed that I am used to. However, they were extremely fast as we drove (and when we halted, so did they). Can anyone confirm whether this is a feature or a bug?