News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

User-Created Badges

Started by Charon, 18, June, 2010, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Want to help make some User Created Badges? You can do this by posting them here!

Specifications:
-Badges must be 50x50 pixels
-Badges must have a 1 pixel black border.

Other than that, feel free to do whatever you want with your badges! If your badges are accepted, you will receive:
- 1 Reputation Point per badge
- A special edition GSHC badge for the first 5 badges accepted
- An Emblem message for the first 15 badges accepted

When we reach 50 User-Created badges, unless they go into the standard or limited edition sets, they will start to replace the oldest. For example, if we have 53 badges, the 3 oldest will be replaced with the new ones, unless they are a part of a set.

The shine effect used in standard badges is found here.

MaxiPower

RTGreece21

Can we also make themes that you can use? like coose our favourite anime or something and create badges for that so you have a theme to use when you need new ideas?
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Rolina

Well this will be easy.  I'll have three up some time tomorrow-ish.  Feel free to take them and use a better art program to touch them up.

Though I am curious... what's the point to badges again?

Salanewt

Hey, will something like this work for badge submissions? I attached an image of Alex to this post, since I want to be careful with Imageshack now (in fact, an advertisement from them seemed to try to attack my computer, which was blocked). It has probably been sorted out by now, but I just want to wait a little longer.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Just made one slight modification, and reuploaded.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: Salanewt on 18, June, 2010, 02:45:32 PM
I want to be careful with Imageshack now (in fact, an advertisement from them seemed to try to attack my computer, which was blocked).
So what have we learned today?  Yes, that's right - this is why we use photobucket.

Salanewt

I have never had problems with Imageshack before though. I used to use tinypic, but they have an odd habit of converting your files into other formats, often with me into .jpegs.

Also, I might try my luck with another random Golden Sun character first.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Quote from: RTSSH21 on 18, June, 2010, 02:31:08 PM
Can we also make themes that you can use? like coose our favourite anime or something and create badges for that so you have a theme to use when you need new ideas?
User-Created badges go under their own section, so they can be anything.

@Role: Badges are images that pop up on your profile that can be purchased with Reputation. Whether or not you want to use it is up to you, but it's a fun way to customize your profile. Reputation will be able to buy Djinn, Items and Summons eventually, but we want to get the RPG elements set up first.

MaxiPower

Best to let you do the GS characters then, because yours look better all neat and tidy

Charon

Salanewt's badge is nice, too. I'm using it.

Salanewt

Cool, thanks! I do have two more (at least bases) for badges, Saturos and Menardi.

I was going to try Kraden, but he barely has any art on the Internet (the best that I could find was from the credits scene).

Have a nice day.

Charon

I'll accept the Saturos badge. The Menardi badge needs to be cleaned up before I can accept it. (the art should also be raised a bit)

MaxiPower

Salanewt

Okay, thanks Charon. Here is a slightly better Menardi, differently cropped and a slightly different (but difficult to tell without knowing) background.

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

...Tadah!

^Tell me what you think about Kraden. I don't think he's that bad but....
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

Quote from: whizkidhvq on 18, June, 2010, 11:41:37 PM
...Tadah!

^Tell me what you think about Kraden. I don't think he's that bad but....

There nice

I thought Kraden was an old women tho lol

MaxiPower

Unsubmitted

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Looking at the Logan one made me remember that I hate how his nose turned out...

Rolina

Okay, these aren't done yet, but I don't actually know how to finish them.  Charon, I loved how you did the original character's badges, with the dark blue background and sheen, so if you could go in and apply that to them, I'd be QUITE grateful. ^-^

These characters should have NO DISCOUNT applied unless the person applying for them has submitted a hack which uses them.  I think all the Character-based Custom badges should be like that.

Quote from: MaxiPower on 19, June, 2010, 10:39:33 AM
I know you said to have a 1 Pixel perimeter but I didn't do it on these as they look more unique without it

Set 1 / ?

If we do that, you can't use your avatar anymore you know.

MaxiPower

If theres gonna be a time and place were an exception should be made then I believe tis should be let slid because I submitted it and have been using the avatar for months now thus should be passed also, A friend of mine made it.

On a second note, the image summited is 50v50 pixels whereas my avatar us 80x80 so technically its a different image.

COME ON CHARON,  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: dont let me down.... Noooooooooooooooooo I love my Avater