News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

User-Created Badges

Started by Charon, 18, June, 2010, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Then undo your submission.  Charon said that you cannot use a badge for an avatar or signature, she will remove it.  And since yours would count as a larger version of a badge... well, it'd have to go.  Perhaps next time you'd think these things though before going and doing that?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 20, June, 2010, 01:39:31 PM
Then undo your submission.  Charon said that you cannot use a badge for an avatar or signature, she will remove it.  And since yours would count as a larger version of a badge... well, it'd have to go.  Perhaps next time you'd think these things though before going and doing that?

When Charon stated badeges couldn't be used as Avaters, she was mainly pointing out that she didn't want her work stolen. User created badges may be a different matter. So no i,ll leave it up until I get word from her. I dont know what you are making a big deal over as I dont see how it effects you?

@Charon... Im Making a request that if you own a badge, then you are able to use it as an avatar? That pretty much sounds fair.

Rolina

NO, it doesn't.  Badges work as a different system than avatars, and using a badge as an avatar, ANY badge, effectively undermines that system.  The rules cannot be broken just for one person.  Either follow them, or suffer the consequences, Maxi.  If you want to use those, you have to get a new avatar.  If you want your avatar, you must rescind your submission.  That's all there is to it.  No exceptions are to be made, not even for someone who made an avatar. 

Rules are RULES, not guidelines.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 20, June, 2010, 02:33:06 PM
NO, it doesn't.  Badges work as a different system than avatars, and using a badge as an avatar, ANY badge, effectively undermines that system.  The rules cannot be broken just for one person.  Either follow them, or suffer the consequences, Maxi.  If you want to use those, you have to get a new avatar.  If you want your avatar, you must rescind your submission.  That's all there is to it.  No exceptions are to be made, not even for someone who made an avatar.  

Rules are RULES, not guidelines.

Read my last post, then comment again, Until you do your point is invalid...

And when I own i mean, not user created but if purchased.

Rolina

You were asking the rules to be changed just for you.

Quote@Charon... Im Making a request that if you own a badge, then you are able to use it as an avatar? That pretty much sounds fair.
See?

Oh, and there's also the part where you don't understand the concept behind that rule.

QuoteWhen Charon stated badeges couldn't be used as Avaters, she was mainly pointing out that she didn't want her work stolen.
QuoteNO, it doesn't.  Badges work as a different system than avatars, and using a badge as an avatar, ANY badge, effectively undermines that system.

Stop being a nineball and listen for once.  Until then, your point is invalid.

MaxiPower

Them rules were made before the user generated avatars were even brought up so whats your point?

Im not asking for rules to be changed in the FIFA world cup or that we should be allowed to swear or post Roms on the forum... Im asking for a little change in how this community "system" works so far. (Something minor)

Im not sure if its your time of the month but sheez you are getting riled up about something that doesn't concern you in any way. You are not Charon, you are not an Admin, so drop it.

Rolina

Then I'll attack from a different standpoint:  They don't follow the request format at all.  I do recall a 1px black border being required.  Yours do not have that.

I may not be an admin, but I'm a stickler for the rules - that earned me moderatorship int he past.  I'm STILL the first responder for rule breaking anyways...  I'm usually the one who alerts the admin and Jamie that something happened.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 20, June, 2010, 03:02:49 PM
Then I'll attack from a different standpoint:  They don't follow the request format at all.  I do recall a 1px black border being required.  Yours do not have that.

I may not be an admin, but I'm a stickler for the rules - that earned me moderatorship int he past.  I'm STILL the first responder for rule breaking anyways...  I'm usually the one who alerts the admin and Jamie that something happened.
Quote from: MaxiPower on 19, June, 2010, 10:39:33 AM
I know you said to have a 1 Pixel perimeter but I didn't do it on these as they look more unique without it

Give it up Role you have nothing on me, I already covered myself in the first post..

Aile~♥

Maxi, Role, stop arguing.

Maxi: You submitted your Avatar as a Badge, with improper format too. Your argument is invalid.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

MaxiPower

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 20, June, 2010, 03:08:40 PM

Maxi: You submitted your Avatar as a Badge, with improper format too. Your argument is invalid.

Which I didn't deny in the first post? , My avatar and badge submitted are different images, right click and save as, open in paint, check the dimensions...

There are opinions and then there are facts.

Atrius (He/Him)

They look exactly the same, the dimensions hardly change the picture if they're still the same one.

Besides, the forum already has all of the character portraits in an avatar gallery.  Character art works better as a badge.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 20, June, 2010, 03:18:14 PM
They look exactly the same, the dimensions hardly change the picture if they're still the same one.

Besides, the forum already has all of the character portraits in an avatar gallery.  Character art works better as a badge.

That all comes down to taste tho, I was hoping to trade my badges thus far for and to start and collect the avatars (was planning to get the rest of the games avatars up)....

Seems that wont be the case now tho..

Aile~♥

(late post)

They're the SAME IMAGE RESIZED.

You can't just save it in a different size and call it a different image.

Many of those already have a 1 pixel dark blue perimeter, so you could just change the colour to black and be done with it, and then I wouldn't be complaining at you!

MaxiPower

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 20, June, 2010, 03:27:42 PM
(late post)

They're the SAME IMAGE RESIZED.

You can't just save it in a different size and call it a different image.

Many of those already have a 1 pixel dark blue perimeter, so you could just change the colour to black and be done with it, and then I wouldn't be complaining at you!

I,ll change the pixels when I get a chance later today then..

Aile~♥

But you STILL can't have your avi be the same pic as the Badge.

leaf

Hey guys. Cut the BS. K? K.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

Yeah, that's what I said...

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: Atrius on 20, June, 2010, 03:18:14 PM

You are right, I think non-custom should be used as newbie/freebie badges. If they are used as badges at all... (and be allowed to use as avatar/sig) Anyway, even without knowledge of this website, it is so easy to track the same images off google....
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Here's how I see it happening:

A badge for each game.  Awarded for ownership of the game (and ONLY for ownership - if you've never gotten it, you can't have it).  Dark Dawn's badge cannot be attained until after the release of the game, as a result.
The animated elemental ones are clan badges - when you join a clan, you get its badge.  When you leave it, the badge is stripped from your possession.

The rest work as normal - like element badges get a discount from like element clan members (Jupiter gets Karis for only 1 Rep, for example), otherwise it's gonna be 3 rep (Jupes must always pay 3 rep for Matthew).

User created have a DIFFERENT way of doing things, but only slightly.  For custom characters, if you've used that character in a hack you've made, then they're only 1.  You MUST have submitted the hack and be listed in the credits as a contributor.  Otherwise they're 3.  Location based ones work the same - if you used a location in your finished hack, you can get a discount.  For hack based badges, it's a bit different.  The creators earned the badge by making the game, others must shell out 3 rep.

At least, that's how I see it.

Quote from: jamieMaxi: You submitted your Avatar as a Badge, with improper format too. Your argument is invalid.
Told you.  But did you listen?  Nooooo.  Nobody listens to the mage...

Salanewt

Interesting ideas Role.

Anyway, I have Karst. I would work on Agatio, but I have to get ready to leave for my exam soon. She has a little bit of a decoration in her background, similar to which Agatio might have on his badge.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?