News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Editing the GS1 Psynergies with the TLA editor makes data corrupt. Fix?

Started by Bartvo, 08, July, 2010, 09:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartvo

What the title says, editing the psynergies in the 1st Golden Sun makes the data corrupt, because when I try to start the ROM after editing a psynergy (the psynergy I edited is Wish Well), the screen of the VBA becomes all white and freezes.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Also, I wanna know if it's possible to edit the amount of Djinn and what Djinn you start with in both GS1 and TLA.

P.S. Is there a fixed date on which the TLA editor v0.3 will be released?

P.P.S. Atrius, thanks alot for making the TLA editor, you've done a GREAT job.

Salanewt

If it freezes after editing psynergy, it could be a bad ROM. Which version are you using (North America (U), European (E), etc.)?

Also, from what I understand, it is not likely that more djinn can be added, at least not yet. I reckon that the assembly code near the beginning of the data has to be altered for that. However, it might be best to find out for sure from Atrius.

And for the first P.S., there is not a fixed date yet, not unless Atrius has decided on one without telling anyone.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I forgot to mention, but there is a topic for bug reports: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=255.0  .
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Actually, most aspects of the first Golden Sun don't work in the editor.

From what I've been able to gather, editing GS1 would require another editor, due to differences in where stuff is located and how it's compressed.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Not true Jamie, the only things that are really having compatibility issues right now are the enemy editor, and apparently also the ability editor.  Eventually it will have full compatibility with all language versions of GS 1 & 2.  Heck, it's even partially compatible with Mario Golf & Tennis for GBA since they were also created by Camelot, and use many of the same data formats.

I took a look through the source to see if anything stood out, and it appears I may have accidentally used a bad pointer for the animation reference when saving abilities.  Without my main computer working there's not a whole lot I can do, but hopefully that's it and I'll have it fixed for the next release.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Bartvo

Quote from: Salanewt on 08, July, 2010, 09:55:29 AM
If it freezes after editing psynergy, it could be a bad ROM. Which version are you using (North America (U), European (E), etc.)?

It probably isn't a bad ROM, because editing items does work.

NEVER give out commercial ROM files. Doing so is grounds for an instant perma-ban according to the Forum Rules. I'll let you off this time. -- JamietheFlameUser

Atrius (He/Him)

As Jamie edited into your post, posting ROMs, links to, or names of sites that provide ROMs is against the rules, and will result in a ban.  Since this is your first day here, we'll cut you some slack, but please familiarize yourself with the rules to keep yourself out of trouble.

As I said, your problem is likely an error with the editor itself, and will be fixed in the next release.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Bartvo

Quote from: Atrius on 08, July, 2010, 03:30:11 PM
As Jamie edited into your post, posting ROMs, links to, or names of sites that provide ROMs is against the rules, and will result in a ban.  Since this is your first day here, we'll cut you some slack, but please familiarize yourself with the rules to keep yourself out of trouble.

As I said, your problem is likely an error with the editor itself, and will be fixed in the next release.

Ok, thanks for cutting me some slack. I didn't read the rules before posting this, but now I have and I completely understand my mistake, I won't make that mistake again.

Rolina

Didn't read them?  You're lucky I'm not the GM anymore, or you'd be dead right there.