News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Tiles that have effects on characters?

Started by RTGreece21, 08, July, 2010, 11:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTGreece21

Sky:

Well, I looked around a bit, but didn't really find anything, so if this is already being thought of, I apologize in advance.
Rose and I were wondering about effects that happen while the character walks on the ground. In the dessert in the first Golden Sun, walking around would slowly overheat characters until the bar hit the top and the characters would loose some HP. There were also these spikes in one of the dungeon areas the walking over them hurt the characters as well.

Is there any way to make it so that some of the spots on the ground could do other things to characters? Say if there was something poisonous on the ground, could a character walk on it and actually get infected with poison? Like, withought clicking anything. Just by walking over a certain piece of ground.
We were hoping the effect would work on all the maps, including the world map.

Leaf mentioned a debug room or something, but it doesn't sound exactly like what We're thinking of. It might help somehow though?
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Atrius (He/Him)

Well, you can attach ASM scripts to tiles in an area, so theoretically you could have it do pretty much anything.  That's how most cut scenes work, they're a script attached to a certain location in the area.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

Sky:

So would t be possible to make a list of scripts that could be added in, and have them listed in the readme file for when they are avaliable for the editor? I don't really know any ASM scripting...
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]