Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 19, 2018, 11:02:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun Empires - system development thread  (Read 14898 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 02:06:56 AM »

Go back and read my posts. Now. I'm not going to explain supports and sieges all over again. Their advantage is in their ability to reposition themselves. And you're gonna have to explain what a "forward mage" and "grand mage" are. I can imagine what you mean, but we have enough communication issues as it is.
It is very clear that we are not thinking on the same page here - we're clearly using two completely different systems in our approach.  Go back and reread the first page.

Once we come to a consensus on which approach to use, my more traditional one or your... thing, then our discussion here will continue.  Of course, we already said this on IRC, so you already know that... still, for the sake of everyone else...

View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 04:51:57 AM »

So apparently, the consensus we came to was that... we can't come to consensus. So we're gonna be developing two separate systems. It pretty much stems from us taking opposite approaches. I'm trying to apply GS to SRPGs, while role is trying to apply SRPGs to GS. Or would it be the other way around? Either way, I focus on the system first, GS second, and and role focuses on GS first, the system second. In general, they don't mix well, and is the source for a lot of our confusion.

(Again, mostly posting this for the other members.)

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 02:43:40 PM »

All in all, what we're gonna be doing is making two systems - one, probably Leaf's, for more advanced play, and the other, most likely mine, for more general play.  Both systems in general work pretty well... just... not with each other. Given how they're set up, they're incompatible, thus the confusion and arguing that's been going on between the two of us - we thought we were on the same page, but we were actually in different books.

Anywho, I'm gonna keep posting stuff for my system here, and I imagine leaf will be making his own thread for his.  Those who are okay when it comes to understanding all the technical stuff are welcome to help out, but if you don't get it, don't feel bad, and don't be discouraged - all the complicated stuff will disappear when the final version of the systems are done, and all the complicated stuff will be handled by the the person running it (me for my system, Leaf for his), so you won't have to worry about it.

And WOW, did we totally misunderstand each other this time.  Amusingly, though, we actually weren't trying to say the same thing this time. XD

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 04:04:10 AM »

Okay, for all you non-clanned people out there...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A NON-ELEMENTAL ADEPT.  Charon's null-element spells?  They're just like cake - LIES.  You DO have an element.  You just haven't sworn loyalty to any clans - that's right...

YOUR HIRED GUNS!   MERCENARIES!  YOU'RE LOYAL TO THOSE WHO PAY YOU!

This is how clans get characters of other elements - plus, the generic units are the same element as those they're under the command of.  This means that when you start to double and triple up, or are doing joint strikes/defense, it's possible to go into battle with multiple elements on your side.  These Mercenary Units will prove very important strategically.

There's two types of Mercenaries - those that join for an entire campaign, and those whom are temporary characters in battle.  There's pros and cons to each:

Campaign Hires:

Hired in the Council Phase
Stay on the side they were hired on until their unit is wiped out.  After being wiped out, they go back to being hireable
They are Commander Characters, but they don't come with their own units.  Rather, they can be placed as a commander over a unit, or as a Lieutenant under another commander, sharing command of the unit (and splitting the elements, should multiple elements be present)
Expensive now, cheaper in the long run

Spot Hires:

Hired in the Strategy Phase
They become a Seventh Member of a party, but do not have the same duration of employment as the others, and leave after the battle has ended.
Though they do not control generics, if the conditions are right, they can choose to turn on their employers if they wish, switching to the other team instead.  What those conditions are will be decided upon character creation.
Cheaper now, more expensive in the long run

How mercenaries are placed:

The amount of mercenaries in a clan's territories depends on the likelyhood of employment.  Basically, the more active members in a clan, the less mercenaries are placed in their territory.  After the number is placed, which mercenaries are where is determined by random selection.  Then, after that, their placement is also determined randomly.  Some territories may have one, some may have none, some may have even three or more.  So, let's say the clans have the following amount of territories and awarded mercenaries:

Venus:  8 Territories, 2 Mercenaries
Mars: 8 Territories, 8 Mercenaries
Mercury: 8 Territories, 6 Mercenaries
Jupiter: 8 Territories, 5 Mercenaries.

Now, let's divide these up:

VenTer3: 1 merc, VenTer 7: 1 Merc
MrsTer1: 1 merc, MrsTer2: 3 mercs, MrsTer5: 2 mercs, MrsTer7: 1 merc MrsTer8: 1 merc
McyTer2: 2 mercs, McyTer6: 1 merc, McyTer7: 1 merc, MrcTer8: 2 mercs
JupTer3: 1 merc, JupTer4: 1 merc, JupTer6: 2 mercs, JupTer7: 1 merc

Ter being shorthand for territory.  They'll be named in the actual game, of course.  Mercs can only be hired by those whom control the territory they're in - so if Jupiter takes over MrsTer2, the three mercenaries there are now able to be hired by Jupiter rather than mars.

However, Mercenary units aren't just going to sit there.  There's a phase that's unique to them - the Post-Battle phase.  During this phase, mercenary units can chose to move to a neighboring territory, stay in the territory they're in, offer their fealty to the person in control of their territory, or offer their services.

Move - this is exactly what it sounds like.  You move from the territory you're in to one you're next to.  Simple.
Stay - ditto.  You choose to stay in your current territory.  Maybe you have a home there or something... dunno.
Swear Fealty - this is a special option only available to mercenaries, and only during this phase.  It allows them to swear an oath to fight for the clan who's territory they're currently in, essentially meaning they're treated as a clan member, even if they're of the opposing element or something.  Rather than going back to being a mercenary when their unit is wiped out, they stay with the clan, rejoining as if they were with the clan all along.
Offer Services - this option essentially has you offer your services to the clan who's territory you're in. You'll be part of a mercenary unit, and will go back to being a mercenary if defeated.  The clan spends money, but it doesn't spend its precious AC it would have if it went seeking for a mercenary unit.

Just like clan members, if a mercenary is defeated in battle, they spend two turns recovering before they can offer their services

Conditions for betrayal - when a mercenary applies to the game, they choose one of these conditions for betrayal.  They don't ALWAYS have to betray their employer, even if the conditions are met.  However, they CANNOT betray if the conditions are not met.

Being Misled - if the opposing unit has over twice the health has the unit they're hired into, they won't be very happy about it.  Nobody likes being on the losing side, after all.
Bullying - if the opposing unit has less than half the health as the unit they're hired into, they won't be happy about it.  After all, there was no point to hiring them if they'd have won anyways.
Disagreeable - if the unit they're hired into is of the opposing element, they may have ideological conflicts, and may turn on the unit that hired them.
Greener Grass - if the unit they're hired to oppose is of the same element, they may choose to join the opposing unit.  After all, the mercenary and the enemy unit relate more.
Competition - if the unit they're hired into is led by another mercenary, they may get pissed.  After all, now they have to cooperate with competition!
Being Belittled - if the unit they're hired into is led by a generic unit, they may be insulted.  After all, they're being asked to work with a nobody.
Sell out - if the opposing unit offers to pay more than the unit that hired them (must be at least 2.5 times the initial hire amount), they may choose sides for the money.

Any mercenary can be hired as either a Campaign Hire or a Spot hire, depending on the circumstances.  Furthermore, mercenaries reserve the right to refuse services - if the mercenary does not desire to do battle, they can deny a hire offer.  Money and AC spend will NOT be refunded.

View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:54 AM »

Legend Units

There are some units that do not belong to any clan.  These are led by those with the spirit of legends.  They are not aggressive, though they will yield an artifact if defeated.  What they drop can only be wielded by the victor, and will be determined by what they had equipped at victory.  For example, if Rayflo of Venus defeated Legend Unit X while wielding a Long Sword, they could find themselves in the possession of a Gaia Blade.  Note that though the weapons will likely reflect weapons from the games, they will likely NOT share the same stats.  They WILL have better stats than the standard equipment you start with, though.

Be warned, however.  These units are STRONGER than any of those in the clans.  Basically, the members of the unit are one Tier stronger, and the commanders Two Tiers stronger.  Yes, at Tier 5 play, these incredibly powerful units will be the unobtainable Tier 6, and their commander Tier 7.  Challenge at your own peril - it's up to you to determine whether or not they're worth fighting.

These units move at the same time as Mercenary Units.  An algorithm will determine the path they take.

There will be Four Legendary units at first, but later on this number may expand to 8.  Those who pay attention may notice a certain familiarity to them...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:23:08 AM by Role » Logged

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »

fien you have to be in a clan to join lol

This will be edited as we go along, but...

I really quite prefer Leaf's setup to Role's, however, certain elements such as Mind/Will, and she also has a decent starting stat distribution system. Of course, I'll put up a poll to ensure everyone's on board with it. (It will be a multiple choice poll, with different sections of the RPG systems presented to see which ones are most popular)

To save me a lot of work, changes will be made once all systems are in place. Changes I will make upon making the RPG official:

• Statistics will be modified to whatever the system specifies them as.
  • All Statistics can be modified via profile, but will be able to be edited by RPG Moderators. Statistics will most likely be changed before a battle to indicate "base" stats (changed due to setting or standbying djinn, equipping items, ect). Such stat changes should be posted in another neutral topic. Stats modified due in-battle effects should not be placed here, but rather directly in the post. The statistics you start off with, which are static, will only appear in your profile and cannot be edited by anyone besides an administrator.

When you first join the RPG, a model will be placed in this section for you to edit. For the sake of clarity do not edit the model itself, just the numbers.

Items, Abilities, Djinn, Badges, Coins and other collectables will not be able to be edited in the profile.

Please note:

If you notice a member has purposely edited their fields to cheat, contact me, an RPG moderator or a Global Moderator of this so that it may be removed. The member will recieve a warning upon the first offence. Upon a second offence, the user will be temporarily banned from the RPG section for two weeks. Upon the third offence, the user will be permemently banned from the RPG section, along with their EXP reduced to zero, as well as any items, badges or djinn purchased removed. (Note to moderators: You must notify me via CC if an event occurs. Please describe the event clearly and as concisely as possible Jamie >_>)

• The forums themselves will be changed into the following (notes in brackets):

-General [this area should be used to discuss the system in place and for the moderators to post important information dealing with the system; think of it as the "Feedback" for the RPG section]

-Negotiation and Peacetime [this area is for free discussion over anything RPG related; should be mainly used for things such as stat changes or other important changing information. Topics may be limited in number either per clan or per player; most likely clan related topics will become sticky)

-The RPG [this area will be over general discussion of the game. Child Boards will be over particular sections]

-World View [this is the place where all

-[these boards will be named different locations. These will remain stationary (no changing borders) but several can be occupied by the same clan. For each location there will be a "map" and each will have a capitol. Before startup, we will agree how the map is setup, and an image will be posted for all to see and utilize. Clans can agree on a starting location in which they live in the general area before startup. These areas are where the battles will be held. All clans can join (including neutral), but limits will be put on for how many commanders (or users) can participate in a battle (if we follow Leaf's model, that'd be 6)]

In addition, the Experience Point Shop (will be simply renamed "The Market") will be moved to this section. The transactions will still occur manually.

(this is all subject to change)

• EXP, which will be renamed "Coins", will be obtained after battle. The RPG moderators are the only ones besides the admins that can change this value, and this can only be done in the RPG section. One coin is obtained for winning a battle. These coins can be used to purchase items and djinn. Unlike Golden Sun, items and djinn will have more in-battle effects rather than statistical bonuses. This field will be reset as soon as everyone agrees on the system to be used.
  • Items and psynergy will be represented by icons rather than text on the profile. Any sort of effects with those items will be posted with text for reference. Anyone willing to compile a complete set of the psynergy and item icons, as well as the custom icons, and post it as a zip archive, would have my greatest appreciation.

In addition, the Experience Point Shop (will be simply renamed "The Market") will be moved to this section. The transactions will still occur manually.

Please Note: If items are being added without being purchased, or psynergies being added without class changes or item equipping, please notify an RPG moderator, a Global Moderator or me. Upon the first offence, the member will recieve a warning. Upon a second offence, the user will be temporarily banned from the RPG section for two weeks. Upon the third offence, the user will be permemently banned from the RPG section, along with their EXP reduced to zero, as well as any items, badges or djinn purchased removed. (Note to moderators: You must notify me via CC if an event occurs. Please describe the event clearly and as concisely as possible Jamie >_>)

• Badges will still have a statistical bonus, but ONLY for the one that is featured as your "favourite badge".

All statistical bonuses of current badges will be posted in the "Badge Requests" thread. Any expired badges (previous limited edition badges or expired Custom Badges) as well as current badges will have their statistical bonuses posted in a seperate sticky locked thread.

Any other item or object that will change statistics upon equipping them will not be shown in this section, and will only be shown in the profile.

• Class and Fighter Type will be added fields - however, only Class can be edited by a regular user. Fighter Type is chosen upon signup (or specified when the system starts up again if you already have), but cannot change.
  • All current fields will be cleared. You all will need to revalidate your base statistics.

View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

It is very clear to me that Charon isn't on the same page as either Role OR leaf.

With all due respect, Charon, I would say you don't know what you're doing. While overall I share the same viewpoints that you do, in regards of how to set up a turn-based strategy game, (base damage got us nowhere before, and it's going to get us nowhere now), I think the mercenary system of Role's would allow for much better strategy. And, of course, it's always fun to BE a mercenary. Also, omitting non-clanned members from the RPG would be completely unfair to said non-clanned members. Some people don't want to be part of a clan, and it's only fair to let them go un-clanned without being forced out of too many things. It's already bad enough to have a clanned-only discussion section. We don't want to omit them from a nice Forum Game too, right?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:46:00 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 08:34:11 PM »

Yeah, Jamie hit it right on the head.  This is why I've been telling charon via PMs to get on IRC so we can set her straight.

Are you blind or something?  The posts I JUST MADE said otherwise.

To save me a lot of work, changes will be made once all systems are in place. Changes I will make upon making the RPG official:

To save WHO a lot of work?  Me and leaf both basically just told you to stand aside as we show you how it's done.  WE are the GMs of our systems - you're just the one who gave us the initial push to make a system that works.  Now we have TWO that will work, BOTH OF WHICH will be used - one for standard play (mine), and one for advanced play (Leaf's).

Statistics will be modified to whatever the system specifies them as.
WRONG. How many times must I tell you that forum stats are INDEPENDENT from the game stats?

All Statistics can be modified via profile, but will be able to be edited by RPG Moderators. Statistics will most likely be changed before a battle to indicate "base" stats (changed due to setting or standbying djinn, equipping items, ect). Such stat changes should be posted in another neutral topic. Stats modified due in-battle effects should not be placed here, but rather directly in the post. The statistics you start off with, which are static, will only appear in your profile and cannot be edited by anyone besides an administrator.
WRONG.  FORUM STATS AND GAME STATS ARE SEPARATE.  Forum stats are only BASED on the stats of my game because they're the most compatible!

If you notice a member has purposely edited their fields to cheat, contact me, an RPG moderator or a Global Moderator of this so that it may be removed. The member will recieve a warning upon the first offence. Upon a second offence, the user will be temporarily banned from the RPG section for two weeks. Upon the third offence, the user will be permemently banned from the RPG section, along with their EXP reduced to zero, as well as any items, badges or djinn purchased removed. (Note to moderators: You must notify me via CC if an event occurs. Please describe the event clearly and as concisely as possible Jamie >_>)
They'd need an Admin or Jamie to do that, I'm too much of a stickler for the rules to allow cheating.  After all, I follow the philosophy of: If you even so much as THINK about cheating, I'll f***ing kill you myself.  I'm sure Leaf feels the same way here.  When we post a person's stats in the appropriate sticky, it's not like it's going to be editable by that person.

Items, Abilities, Djinn, Badges, Coins and other collectables will not be able to be edited in the profile.
Badges and Coins have NOTHING to do with the battles - nor do djinn you get from the forums.  Items also aren't going to be in the games.  These things are forum flavor only - they have no effect on the games.

* The forums themselves will be changed into the following (notes in brackets):

-General [this area should be used to discuss the system in place and for the moderators to post important information dealing with the system; think of it as the "Feedback" for the RPG section]

-Negotiation and Peacetime [this area is for free discussion over anything RPG related; should be mainly used for things such as stat changes or other important changing information. Topics may be limited in number either per clan or per player; most likely clan related topics will become sticky)

-The RPG [this area will be over general discussion of the game. Child Boards will be over particular sections]

-[these boards will be named different locations. These will remain stationary (no changing borders) but several can be occupied by the same clan. For each location there will be a "map" and each will have a capitol. Before startup, we will agree how the map is setup, and an image will be posted for all to see and utilize. Clans can agree on a starting location in which they live in the general area before startup. These areas are where the battles will be held. All clans can join (including neutral), but limits will be put on for how many commanders (or users) can participate in a battle (if we follow Leaf's model, that'd be 6)]

Who do you think you are, telling me how to run my game?  Step back and let the people who know what they're doing get to work - stop getting in our way.

KEEP THAT THE HELL OUT OF THE GAMES AREA.

* Badges will still have a statistical bonus, but ONLY for the one that is featured as your "favourite badge".
WRONG.  BADGES HAVE ZERO EFFECT ON ANYTHING!

* Class and Fighter Type will be added fields - however, only Class can be edited by a regular user. Fighter Type is chosen upon signup (or specified when the system starts up again if you already have), but cannot change.
    * All current fields will be cleared. You all will need to revalidate your base statistics.

Are you even listening to me?  I sent you a PM saying WE NEED TO TALK for a darned good reason - you keep running up and doing stuff like this as if you actually know what you're doing... but you're not helping at all.  If anything, you're getting on our nerves.  STOP IT.  NOW.  Go to rizon server, join #masterspark, and talk with us for a bit.  Because you need a bit of information BEFORE posting crap like that.  Jeeze, Charon, even JAMIE could tell that it looked like you weren't paying attention.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »

Not only that, but if we want a Forum RPG, we can make a Forum RPG! (Honestly, I think a Forum RPG is a great idea, but that's off-topic.) This isn't a Forum RPG. This is a Forum Turn-Based Strategy Game!

Forum items and stuff have nothing to do with it as Role said. They'll probably be for a Forum RPG, which we'll probably end up making later. Otherwise, they'll end up completely deleted, with the exception of Badges, since without a Forum RPG, this stuff is just over-complicated and useless.

Let the pros deal with TBSGs. They know what they're doing. I'd like to hope you have some idea too, but apparently not, as demonstrated by your most recent post here.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »

This is technically a forum SRPG, with a bit of Dynasty Warriors Empires thrown in.  We can modify my stat system to make a more traditional RPG if we want, though.

View Profile WWW
leaf
Potions class is starting
Venus Clan

Death Eater+Grass Snake = Snake Eater? SNAAAAAAAKE

Veteran Member

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

*big long post about nothing*
You know we've repeatedly said "no" to badges having anything to do with this RPG? Or having anything on the forums tied to it at all (besides clan)? I'm also not sure why you're trying to delegate how this will all be set up, either, when the setup depends entirely on our systems. For the record, my and role's systems are more or less both made from scratch, not as spin-offs of yours. You're assuming you know what's going on without actually reading anything.

In short:
*Role's entire post*
^

Spoiler for quotes:
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »

@Role: Well yeah, except there's no levelling up, so it really is more of a Turn-Based Strategy Game, only each player gets their own custom unit.

But we could make a more traditional RPG if we want, with less grid-based map system and more levelling up and getting treasure and equipment and stuff, then we could put Charon's shop system to good use!

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »

We want a no-leveling system because that way it's more fair to everyone - not to mention it'd be a pain in the arse to keep track of everyone's experience.  To be honest, XP has no place in a forum based setting.

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »

What. The. &@#$. Calm the #@$& down - I am NOT trying to take over everything.

After reading Role's post I am 100% that nobody understands what I'm saying and I will now reply to become more clear.

Are you blind or something?  The posts I JUST MADE said otherwise.
I see and I understand now, please understand that I can't spend my entire day in front of a computer and read your posts, I try my best.

To save WHO a lot of work?  Me and leaf both basically just told you to stand aside as we show you how it's done.  WE are the GMs of our systems - you're just the one who gave us the initial push to make a system that works.  Now we have TWO that will work, BOTH OF WHICH will be used - one for standard play (mine), and one for advanced play (Leaf's).
I'm setting up all the boards, am I not? And what about the custom profile fields? And the items? What about the coin systems? I'm trying my best to keep up with you guys. I am NOT designing the system, I'm taking your blueprint (or at least attempting to) and put them in place in a usable manner. What you're forgetting (or apparently taking for granted) is that everything is changed manually, which is difficult on me, but in the end is easier on everyone else, which hey, that's what I'm supposed to do. unfortunately you people are so @#$%&*! sensitive you don't understand that that's my goal

Statistics will be modified to whatever the system specifies them as.
WRONG. How many times must I tell you that forum stats are INDEPENDENT from the game stats?
NOT FORUM STATISTICS, the statistics that you agree upon joining the RPG in the first place - the ones right under your profile that say "HP, Attack, Defense ect."

All Statistics can be modified via profile, but will be able to be edited by RPG Moderators. Statistics will most likely be changed before a battle to indicate "base" stats (changed due to setting or standbying djinn, equipping items, ect). Such stat changes should be posted in another neutral topic. Stats modified due in-battle effects should not be placed here, but rather directly in the post. The statistics you start off with, which are static, will only appear in your profile and cannot be edited by anyone besides an administrator.
WRONG.  FORUM STATS AND GAME STATS ARE SEPARATE.  Forum stats are only BASED on the stats of my game because they're the most compatible!
Again, not the actual forum statistics; there is a custom profile field that allows you to change the field called "statistics" that appears near your profile. I can make them either editable by only admins or users; if the latter applies then the following rule is applicable.

They'd need an Admin or Jamie to do that, I'm too much of a stickler for the rules to allow cheating.  After all, I follow the philosophy of: If you even so much as THINK about cheating, I'll f***ing kill you myself.  I'm sure Leaf feels the same way here.  When we post a person's stats in the appropriate sticky, it's not like it's going to be editable by that person.
Again, the rule would be applicable if the stats are able to be edited by users. (actually what should be done about the stat field is that it presents base stats, neglecting class and item bonuses which can be calculated in-thread)

Badges and Coins have NOTHING to do with the battles - nor do djinn you get from the forums.  Items also aren't going to be in the games.  These things are forum flavor only - they have no effect on the games.
This indicates fields, which are currently unaccessible by you as you are not an administrator, that will still be only accessible by administrators.

* The forums themselves will be changed into the following (notes in brackets):

Who do you think you are, telling me how to run my game?  Step back and let the people who know what they're doing get to work - stop getting in our way.
Well, I have to make the categories, do I not? They are subject to change so that YOU can indicate what they are - this is simply a skeleton of sorts.

KEEP THAT THE HELL OUT OF THE GAMES AREA.
If you say so.

* Badges will still have a statistical bonus, but ONLY for the one that is featured as your "favourite badge".
WRONG.  BADGES HAVE ZERO EFFECT ON ANYTHING!
Jesus Christ, I throw in an item idea and you tell me its wrong. Again, I made it pretty damn clear that everything under here is negotiable and subject to change, but you don't seem to understand that. If you don't like it, just say you don't want it, don't tell me I'm wrong. :p

* Class and Fighter Type will be added fields - however, only Class can be edited by a regular user. Fighter Type is chosen upon signup (or specified when the system starts up again if you already have), but cannot change.
    * All current fields will be cleared. You all will need to revalidate your base statistics.

Are you even listening to me?  I sent you a PM saying WE NEED TO TALK for a darned good reason - you keep running up and doing stuff like this as if you actually know what you're doing... but you're not helping at all.  If anything, you're getting on our nerves.  STOP IT.  NOW.  Go to rizon server, join #masterspark, and talk with us for a bit.  Because you need a bit of information BEFORE posting crap like that.  Jeeze, Charon, even JAMIE could tell that it looked like you weren't paying attention.
I'm convinced that you and Leaf both have no idea what my role is in this RPG, and it is NOT to "take over" or "be the boss", but rather to say, "Okay, this is what I can do to suit your needs, what you do and don't like, specify, and specify what you want instead". I need to preform administrative changes on the forums, changes that you and Leaf can't do yourselves, and changes that I don't mind making. I want to make as much information visible on the profile as possible, so one doesn't have to access a sticky thread each time they want to look up someone's stats. If we have someone's most basic information visible on their profiles, it will be easier in stat calculation and allow things to move swifter.

However, it's obvious that you do not want anymore intervention, so I will back out. I have created the RPG section with a section for Role and a section for Leaf. They will be moderators of their corresponding sections and will be able to do as they please with them. However, I will not play an active role in this any longer and will not be applying any other changes, with the exception to the occasional change to one's profile upon request, such as badges or items. I'm changing EXP into Coins to enable the moderators to handle the purchase of certain objects. It will be able to purchase Badges, however, I will not be involved with the purchase of anything else. It's obvious that you don't want me involved, for the better or the worse, so no, I'm not going to do anything else, except for updating descriptions. If it all works alright, great - if the RPG fails, it's removed. End of story.

And also... if I can't connect to the internet most of the week, how the hell do you expect me to contact you on an IRC server?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:39:14 AM by Charon the Ferryman » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »

We don't think you're trying to take over anything.  We just don't think you're on the same page as us at all.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise