News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

General Golden Sun Glitch List (Still updating)

Started by Mastermind, 13, July, 2010, 02:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mastermind

This list is composed of glitches from any and all of the golden sun games. If you find any more glitches, or find something wrong on the list, post that here and I can easily add/change them. Please provide clear instructions for achieving the glitch and Test it first! If you can't test it, tell us that it's untested and I'll test it if I can. If not, I'll just put an untested label by it until a kind someone does test it and either confirms or denies it (and posts their results here). If you would like to re-write any of the explanations for glitches here, you may do so, and I'll use the better explanation.
Additionally, I have made the titles of 'useful' glitches Red. Titles of glitches that could get you stuck in a glitch (if you don't follow the instructions or if the instructions tell you that you'll be stuck)are colored Blue. Titles of glitches that are both (potentially) are colored Purple. Untested glitches are colored green, and any testers are advised to regard any untested glitches as potentially dangerous and be sure to back up any save files accordingly. 

General glitch assistance:

Return to last sanctum trick: This is useful if you get stuck in an area where you cannot cast retreat (such as in SW Atteka Islet where you can get stuck in a box). At the menu screen hold L+R+START as you press 'A' on your file and you should return to the last sanctum you visited. [GS1 and TLA only]

Shift Glitch* (the ctrl key of the golden sun games): Get either Felix or Issac to under 6 pp and set the L or R button to Retreat and go to a dungeon, try to use retreat with the L or R button and after it doesn't work, go through a door, you may trigger some glitches.  This can also mess up the game in weird ways if you try it in different places. Another way to mess stuff up is to use the glitch, but don't go anywhere in a dungeon, save, and reload the game. You may end up in the outside of a map. Places this works (in GS: TLA) are such places as the lighthouses, towers, shaman village, madra catacombs, gondowen cliff cave, Great Gamboa statue, Yampi desert cave, Anaemos inner sanctum, ect. [unfortunately it doesn't work in Dark Dawn]

Helpful shiftglitch videos from lelouiscama: http://www.youtube.com/user/lelouiscama#p/a/u/0/6WaxuIg9nPQ

Golden Sun I (aka 'The Broken Seal'):
[spoiler= Space Constraints]Tornado Transparency Glitch: When you are at Crossbone Isle's overworld portion while the Tempest Lizard's pink tornado is present on the northwest beach, the tornado is ordinarily transparent, and remains so when you go into the Psynergy menu and then come back out. However, if you go to the Djinn, Item, or Status menus, it will lose its transparency to become fully "solid". It returns to its typical opaqueness once you enter Crossbone Isle and come back out to the world map area. Also, it apparently vanishes if you press the L or R button while Isaac is caught by it.

Glowing People Glitch: Once you obtain the Halt Gem, assign Halt to the L or R button and go to Xian and cast halt on any of the people training in the dojo (or to the guy with the weights in Imil). Then, save and restart the game, the person should still be glowing.

Migrating Across the Sea: If you stand at the tiny point of land farthest into the Karagol sea by Kelay Docks, you can encounter the enemies from the other side of the sea.

Play With Only Three Characters Glitch: use the shift glitch in the room where Mia joins your team, before she does join, then exit down the stairs. You end up in the lighthouse top where you can fight Saturos and go on with only three characters. (note: this will allow you to get more then 7 djinni per person)...thanks go to lelouis for finding this glitch and posting videos of it on his youtube channel

Lamakan Desert Reveal Glitch: Go to the area where you fight the Maticore (the sand waterfall where you use reveal to find the large passage out of the desert) and use reveal, then the shift glitch before walking out of the reveal space. The entrance should still be there. Thank you MegaDarkNero for finding this glitch.
[/spoiler]

Golden Sun: The Lost Age :
[spoiler= Space Constraints]Get Back to GS1 Land: Go to the beach directly southwest of Loho (the mining town) and go to the southernmost point on it (in your ship) and face the edge of the mountain. Get out of your ship and you should be in GS1 lands, although everything has been removed.

Walk Through the Desert: in the first desert you go to (the one where you get Scoop) go to the very edge  of the desert on the world map and cast Sand. then move into the desert and 'un-sand' yourself. You should be able to walk on the desert.

Garoh Night to Day + Possible Pillar Glitch: Go to Garoh when it is still night there and go into the village, then go back to the path to it. On the first pillar you need to move, move it and then go EXACTLY half way between the pillar and the place where you slide down. then move the pillar back into place. you should be able to go down the mountain farther and then go back to the top...instead of changing from day to night as you go up, it should go back to day. At the final pillar before Garoh, the one you push down, push the back arrow as you are pushing it off and there should be a pillar glitch...I'm not sure.

Cow Glitch: In N Osenia Islet, after giving the Red Handkerchief to the cow, but before leaving the map, save where the cow was standing, and when you start again Felix will be stuck inside the cow, unable to move. You have to use the 'Return to last sanctum' trick to get out of this.

SW Box Glitch: At SW Atteka Islet, after pressing the box into the water where it would stay put because of an earth pillar in the water below it preventing it from getting carried away down by the water, saving right near the treasure chest, turning the game off, turning it back on, and reloading the save will cause the box to disappear, and you will be stuck until you reload the game while doing the Sanctum Trick. If you saved while on the box itself and reloaded the file, you will be standing on the water, and can now walk on water in a small area enclosed by invisible barriers. Use the 'Return to last sanctum' trick to get out of this.

Crack in the Air: In Mars Lighthouse, after you beat the fire dragons, use the fireball launcher in the room you fought them with the 'blaze' psynergy and a crack will appear in midair.

Magma Rock Glitch: In the interior of magma rock, go to the room where you can fill/drain magma and get into where the magma usually is, go over to the area beneath the statue and cast Burst towards the statue. The pool fills with lava and you can walk around in it. The glitch using burst on statues above you can be done anywhere on magma rock.

Make Prox brighter: when in Prox, cast reveal and then walk out of reveal's range. The town will be a little bit brighter.

Taopo wall Glitch: Where you find the djinn 'Flower' in the Taopo swamp caves, there are three slopes you can slide down on. If you slide down while holding B+down+right you should be outside of the wall.

Ankohl Ruins entrance Glitch: In the Ankhol Ruins, when you slide down to the last part of the stone head and exit the room, the entrance to the next room will be as if you fell into in instead of going through the door.

Jumping over rocks in Shaman Village Cave: In Shaman Village Cave, the largest chamber contains several rock that can be jumped over if you are in a position to jump over them with the 'down' button.

Ship Hovering Glitch: if you have the wings for your ship and you cast 'Hover' while sailing, the animation for the ship flying will occur, but you cannot fly over anything but will not encounter monsters.

Mind reading in Mikasalla: If you have transferred data from GS in which Issac won Colosso, go to Mikasalla and there is a gladiator there. Mind read him before talking to him and his speech bubble should be a 'mind read' bubble instead of the normal speech bubble.

Anemos Sanctum Glitches: (1) Go to the room with the bolder that you can lift, push the pillar under the bolder and where you are supposed to put it (at the far left side). Then, walk into it from the left and you should be inside of it for a moment before coming out on top of it. (and becoming stuck)

(2) In the small room joining the top door and door to the right of the larger room (with the lift puzzle, the one with the bolder). Walk to the top left point on the wall (around there) and you can walk upwards through it.

Shaman Village Trial Road Item Glitch: When first doing the trial road challenge (before you beat Moapa) drop items from your inventory using the 'drop' option in the menu and then go to the squares that allow you to forfeit the competition. You will get now have the items, but also they will be available in stores. (doesn't work with rusty equipment or stat boosters ((Apples, Mints, etc)) )

Shaman Village Trial Road Hover Glitch: After beating Moapa and obtaining the hover jade, go back to the top of trial road to the Hover area and go towards the wall, you will get stuck.

Air's Rock climb on the wall: This actually works in several places throughout the game, I just noticed it in Air's Rock. While climbing horizontally before a vertical climb directly next to an edge, continue moving as far as possible horizontally before climbing vertically. If there is a ledge beside you you should appear to be on top of it...it only works on some places though...

Play as only Felix for a short time: Start a new game and go to Idejima. Use the Return to last Sanctum trick. You'll appear in Dalia's Sanctum with no party members with you.  after using this glitch, you can only leave Daila the way you came (back towards Idejima) The moment after leaving Daila, the Echo  djinni would join your party, at which point Jenna and Sheba would appear in the party.

Walk and Talk Glitch: Go to the dead serpent. Go to the left side of him. Walk as far to the left as possible. Walk right and once you collide with him, press 'A'. Your character should be in the walking animation. This also works on the right side of the serpent.

Vanishing Shadow Glitch: Go to any room with the statues that shoot fire in Mars lighthouse. (The closest one is the door second from the left than into the larger door.) If the statue is able to shoot you off the ledge, your shadow will disappear when you hit the ground. This works at all the statues in that mentioned room, except for the one on the very far right.

Push Glitch in Treasure Isle Cave: Below the room In Treasure Isle cave with the Lift/rope puzzle there is the big room. At the top there is a pillar that blocks your way but you can face it and move it towards you, but you can't push it back, you have to use move on it. (found by The Abominator  and tested by Syve)

Aqua Rock Glitch: When sliding down the waterfall coming directly down out of the lake you use to get inside aqua rock, run diagonally upwards and towards the right side until you fall, then immediately let go of the directional buttons. You will fall off of the screen, but if you try to go left or right, you'll exit the area.

Northern Reaches Glitch: On the world map between the Northern reaches and Prox, go just north of the entrance to the reaches and keep facing the small sliver of land beside the river and pressing A. You should eventually get out of the boat and can travel into the northern reaches (where you should only be with your ship) and can walk on the water and the ice. (found by Power Plus 5)

Lemuria Scoop Glitch: Stand on the right side of the topmost right statue before the lucky metal spring and face right. Cast scoop on the patch of flowers with the butterfly and the animation is the one that suggests that you found something, but nothing is there.

Battle room barrel Glitch: In the lobby for the 'battle' option at the main menu, go the the far left, below the barrel just below the Arabic-looking guy and press down to walk against the wall, then go up and the barrel will be 'over' you.

Get to Dullahan quickly: Inside the room you get the Charon summon, use the shift glitch and leave either direction. You will end up right where Dullahan is.

Glitched Kraden and Witch doctor guy: Use the shift glitch in the Great Gamboa Statue, then, before leaving the area, save and reload your game. You should end up in Gamboa's mouth with Images of Kraden and the Witch Doctor somewhere in there. (Use escape, not shift glitch, to exit)

Magma Rock game freeze glitch: in Magma Rock, using Burst on the right small statue (the last ones in the inner Magma Rock) in a certain distance will make Burst "burst" the air. And then the game freezes for about 15~20 seconds.

Get through the 'Lash' trial cave easily: Go down the first staircase, then use the shift glitch and go up the staircase and you will be near the mercury djinn, then you can go through the available doorway after shifting again and you will be in the boss room. (originally found by lelouis)

Treasure...no, wait...psynergy stone Glitch: In the first desert, there is a treasure chest disguised as a rock(right by the exit near Alhafra). If you use the shift glitch before reveal, the treasure chest will be treated as a psy stone and when you pick it up, it will restore your pp, then vanish.

Hidden beach Glitch: When leaving the location where you get your ships wings, there is a new set of stones you must fly over to leave. Land on these and get out. You can walk over to the land on the right side, but not the left. (Found by me)

Why won't you let me leave Glitch: When in Alhafra between when Briggs escapes from jail and when he steals the ship the Alhafraens will be arranged so that you can't leave and must go to where Briggs is. Use the 'Return to last sanctum' trick and you will be outside the path to the docks, making it impossible for you to get there. Don't save like this, or you will be permanently stuck in this section of the storyline.

Shaman Village Djinni Glitch If you go to the Shaman village cave before you acquire Eddy, in the area you acquire it, and move so that it's on the left piece of land that it runs around and you're on the right. Then, if you go to the top of the gap and walk up and around, staying as close to the edge as possible, it won't run away. You can get right beside it and 'talk' to it to start the battle. When the battle's over, it should be in the bottom corner of the right hand piece of land and you'll be on the left hand one. (Thanks go to Durza for finding this one)
[/spoiler]

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
[spoiler= Space Constraints]Falling Down the Cliff Glitch: When you're outside Kaocho if you follow the cliff to your right in the second forest area (in the very top-right corner of the forest) you can fight enemies that give 900 exp instead of 80 exp each. They are tougher and presumably meant to only appear on the area above the cliff. Thanks to Teanji for finding this.

Crack in the Endless Wall Glitch: Save on the dividing line between the endless wall and the path to the Apollo Gate. Then, reload the game. You should fall through the wall and be able to move around under the map. There are many ways you can mess up your file by getting into situations you cannot get out of, so it is recommended that you do not save when using this glitch.( thanks to BluePhoenix for finding this)  Here is a helpful guide for using this glitch:[spoiler]
Red/Pink= easy 'out of the map' routes.

Green= Easy path to mercury lighthouse

Purple=  Easy path to Mt. Aleph

Blue= Easy path to Venus lighthouse.

Note: when attempting the pink route, make sure to move south a step or two before leaving the endless wall and moving north. If you do not, you may become stuck. Another note, do not enter Belinsk. You cannot leave or go anywhere in there and you will become stuck. [/spoiler]

Sucky Gear Glitch: in warrior hill (floor B3- center left area in atlas), there is a giant gear that needs to be activated by using Crush on a boulder blocking the water flow. Once that is done, stand in front of the gear without moving. The gear will 'suck' you off of the platform and you will be walking on air. You can use this to walk onto the upward bound platforms. However, if you try to enter the river, you will drop to the riverbed and will need to use retreat to leave. (Found by Lemurian)[/spoiler]

Post any I've forgotten or haven't found.

By the way, a lot of photos for different glitches can be found here http://boards.goldensunrealm.com/index.php?topic=16793.msg308932#msg308932

Updates:
[spoiler]2/9/10- added 'Play as only Felix glitch', 'Walk and talk glitch', 'vanishing shadow glitch'
2/23/10- edited magma rock burst glitch and added treasure isle push glitch' Thanks go to The Abominator and Syve for the Treasure Isle Cave glitch and to Power Plus 5 for the info on the magma rock burst glitch.
2/27/10- Found the aqua rock glitch. (found, on my own! Aren't you proud?)
3/3/10- added Northern reaches glitch. (thanks to Power Plus 5 for the info on that)
3/4/10- Found 'Battle Room Barrel glitch' and 'Lemuria scoop glitch' (found, on my own! Aren't you proud?)
4/2/10- Warp glitch tested by me.
4/26/10- Remembered that I posted a topic on the Migrating across the sea glitch, so I added it here.
4/29/10- warp glitch changed to shift glitch and play as three characters glitch added.
4/30/10- Get to Dullahan quickly and Glitched Kraden and witch doctor guy found by me (aren't you proud?)
5/17/10- Fixed many spelling and grammar errors in the list and added some images. (Thanks go to Ghost for originally posting the images)
7/4/10- Gave credit to lelouis for the play as only three characters glitch and posted  his youtube channel's url.
7/14/10- Added the magma rock game freeze glitch. (Thanks to Sajin for making me aware of it, nice work)
7/27/10- Added the 'get through 'Lash trial cave easily glitch (thanks to lelouis for having this video on his channel.)
8/14/10 - Added the 'Lamakan Desert reveal glitch' Thanks to MegaDarkNero for finding this.
8/20/10 Added the 'Treasure...no, wait...psynergy stone glitch' (found by me, is that surprising?)
9/30/10- Added the Hidden beach glitch (Found by me)
11/7/10- fixed more spelling and grammar errors.
11/30/10- Added Dark Dawn Section.
12/6/10- Added Falling down the Cliff glitch (thanks to Teanji for finding it) and another, unfinshed one of my own. (instruction hopefully coming soon).
1/7/11- Added the 'Crack in the endless wall glitch(thanks to BluePhoenix for finding it), put each section in spoilers to make them easier to read, and posted a map to help with the crack in the endless wall glitch (made by me)
1/30/11- Sucky Gear Glitch added (thanks to Lemurian for finding it)
7/11/11- Made the List easier to use by improving formatting, fixing capitalization mistakes, and adding a color coded system.
11/19/11 - Added Shaman Village Cave Djinni Glitch (thanks to Durza for finding it) with an untested label.
[/spoiler]

*-note, the shift glitch can be used to make many other glitches, but I'm not going to post all of them here, just some important ones.  I'll be doing a lot of testing with the shift glitch, don't worry. I'm making a new TLA file to test all of the implications in the story events.

MaxiPower

This list must be yours from the Golden Sun Realm forums.

http://boards.goldensunrealm.com/index.php?topic=19375.0

If I remember correctly you stated when you joined here that you were making one

Sajin

Really nice list.
By the way, I think i have one:
In Magma Rock, using Burst on the right small statue (the last ones in the inner Magma Rock) in a certain distance will make Burst "burst" the air. And then the game freezes for about 15~20 seconds.

Here's two screenies as example:

Mastermind

Quote from: MaxiPower on 13, July, 2010, 03:26:36 PM
This list must be yours from the Golden Sun Realm forums.

http://boards.goldensunrealm.com/index.php?topic=19375.0

If I remember correctly you stated when you joined here that you were making one
There's a link in my sig.

Thanks Sajin, I'll add that and give you credit. Anyone else that has additions, post them here.

Sajin

Ok sure. By the way, did you tested my glitch? My description isn't the best, so if you find it kinda confusing I'll attach a savestate so you can test it and change the description.

Mastermind

Quote from: Sajin on 15, July, 2010, 05:46:19 AM
Ok sure. By the way, did you tested my glitch? My description isn't the best, so if you find it kinda confusing I'll attach a savestate so you can test it and change the description.
I can't right now (I'm in military summerschool), but i'll give it to someone who can.

Sajin

Sorry for not replying earlier MasterMind. Here they are: a savestate with BIOS file and the sav. file in case you don't use the gba BIOS.

Mastermind

The ones in your sig, right? I got them, thanks. Results should come in soon.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I found 2 in Lamakan Desert.

1st one
See things normally that you can only see if you use Reveal

Go into Lamakan Desert through the way you came out (you should be in front of where you fought Manticore)
Have Retreat and Reveal set as shortcuts
Get Isaac's PP below 6
Use Reveal and then use Retreat
Walk out of the Reveal space
You should now see that big entrance without the Reveal blob.

2nd one
Weird Reveal glitch

Walk onto one of the sand flows
Have Retreat and Reveal set as shortcuts
Get Isaac's PP below 6
Use Retreat and then use Reveal
Something wierd should've happened with the Reveal blob.

Sorry if my instructions aren't clear enough, I'm bad with that kind of stuff.

Mastermind

I got the first one, but I need some time to see what you mean with the second. Very nice work. Does the reveal glitch work on all the hidden things?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I don't know about the chests, but oasises and lion ant pits show, but the lion ants don't show.

And the 'sand flows' that I mentioned are the same one in the 2nd attached pic.

Just get Isaac's PP below 6, go onto one of the sand flows, use Retreat and then cast reveal.

Mastermind

I'll test that with the sand flows in the second game (sorry, I don't have a copy of the first on me) and let you know what I find.

Edit...I really can't seem to find the second one, how exactly did you do it?

Mastermind

The list has been updated and given a makeover for ease of use.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn glitches are welcome.

Aile~♥

When Dullahan uses Crucible to summon Megaera, the sound de-syncs.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Mastermind

Really? I'll have to try that. I'll test it soon (I still need to advance my solo replay file to that point...I've already beaten Dullahan in my normal file)

Mastermind

Bumped for the new look. Feedback is appreciated.

Salanewt

It looks pretty good, in terms of organization. Have you found any news about new glitches, or is there nothing on that yet?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Mastermind

Actually, I've just recently found my DS after quite a while and so I'm going to start testing and finding glitches again very soon.

The reason for the lack of updates is my inability to play/test as well as fewer people willing to point out the glitches they do find.

zman9000

So I think I should just post this here. warning

So to activate this glitch is pretty hard to do. it takes a long time.
First you must have all party members have 30 of an item in their inventory. (this is easiest to do with herbs)
Next you must find an enemy that drops herbs. (easiest place to do this is in the cave after you get Ivan)
Finally once you get a drop, you will get a screen that says you have to many items and it gives you a choice what to drop.
now if you drop a herb the glitch won't work.
if you drop anything else from any one's inventory. it will drop it, and the game will freeze.
there is nothing that can be done, and the game is jammed. restart is needed.

The way I found this was I was grinding in that cave, and got to many herbs.

Edit: I found this glitch in GS1 if you didn't already guess that.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Is this DD only?  In the first two games, it'll say "Your party cannot hold any more herbs! Threw the herb as far away as you could" or something.