News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

General Golden Sun Glitch List (Still updating)

Started by Mastermind, 13, July, 2010, 02:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

There's a glitch with the Mercury djinni in Shaman Village cave, where when it's on the left piece of land that it runs around and you're on the right. If you go to the top of the gap, then walk up and around staying as close to the edge as possible, it won't run away. You can get right beside it and talk to it to start the battle. When the battle's over, it'll be in the bottom corner of the right hand piece of land though, and you'll be on the left hand one.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Aile~♥

@Role: He's evidently referring to GS1. Anywho, yeah, that is what happens in TLA if you're on the overworld and can't hold more items. But I don't know what happens in GS1 if you get it from a treasure chest, or from an enemy in a dungeon.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

if you open a chest, it just puts the item back in the chest.
I already tested that. so yeah the only way to glitch out is to get an item drop.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

Oh yeah, that's right. I'd forgotten it worked like that. Anyway, yeah, it has to be an item drop, and it can't be on the world map.

Or what if someone gives you something in a cutscene? What happens then?

zman9000

That's my next text i'm trying to work on, I'm going to hack in 90 potions before the Tret fight, he drops one of them, and then there's a cut scene right after the fight. I'm going to try to see what it does.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Aile~♥

Actually, I was thinking of that time when Vault's mayor hands you a Water of Life.

zman9000

I remember that if you have to many items for that, it won't work, he will say "here I have something for you", then he will say, "O i'm sorry I looks like you don't have enough room, come back when you do" , or something like that.

Durza

There's a glitch with the Saggitarius Bow where after unleashing Blue Comet, it disappears for a while.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

I messed up a little, I thought the game froze when doing the glitch. but I remembered it wrong, or did something different.
here is the video of the glitch. you just lose 2 items if you do what i said.

Rolina

Z, without a base, unchanged copy of the game, that doesn't count.

zman9000

yeah, but do do it with a unchanged copy takes 3+ hours of grinding zombies for herbs. not only to zombies have a low spawn rate, but they drop rate is even lower... it would take for ever to pull it off... I made this to just show what would happen what would happen if you did...

With college I don't have a ton of time to be walking back and forth for hours just to make a 30 second or so video...

leaf

I think she's saying you screwed with too much for us to take you seriously. If all you did was hack in herbs or the money to buy herbs, it would be fine. But since you went out of your way to give yourself godmode everything, we don't know if anything you did may have had an impact on how the game processes the item.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

zman9000

QuoteBut since you went out of your way to give yourself godmode everything, we don't know if anything you did may have had an impact on how the game processes the item.

I'm no expert programmer, but I don't think having high stats and good weapons, would make a function for having to many items work differently...
if it did then there is something wrong with the code, since if having certain items effects how the game is made to work at its core... then I don't think you could do a community hack... the reason it works like that is clear. if you understand how code works, and follow the path, you would see that if it didn't work like this something would bug the game out because you would have two stacks of 30 items in one invitory... which can't be done.

leaf

Codes sometimes modify things besides what they were intended to. Depending on how a code is written, it may modify something directly, or it may use a more roundabout way. Additionally, with multiple codes on, they can sometimes interfere and cause strange effects if they're modifying the same range in memory. You can prove glitches and stuff with codes on, but you need to be careful to limit it just to the codes you need to do so.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Okay then. Also, while what you have changed shouldn't really affect the item drops too much, it makes it look more authentic if you play without such obvious changes. Perhaps just modifying your inventory should work? Oh well, it is up to you in the end. It really is a nice find anyway though.

Oh, and what leaf said.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: leaf on 11, November, 2011, 03:39:00 PM
I think she's saying you screwed with too much for us to take you seriously. If all you did was hack in herbs or the money to buy herbs, it would be fine. But since you went out of your way to give yourself godmode everything, we don't know if anything you did may have had an impact on how the game processes the item.
THIS.

Screwing with the code often has unintended consequences.  Besides, plenty of things drop herbs.  It's one of the most common drops in the game.  Just djinn kill everything, you'll max out soon enough.

zman9000

well I guess i'll try it that way, since it didn't work out the way i remembered... the game didn't freeze so... maby you're right and it did mess with something..

Mastermind

I have been away for far too long...

@Durza...thanks for the glitches, I'll try this out as soon as I can, thanks. However this might take some time, as my copy of the games seems to be continually vanishing. Until then, I'll add them as untested.

@zman - I can't really test this out in GS1 as my copy stopped working, but I think Role and Leaf are right...hacked games are unpredictable in terms of possible bugs.

Thank you so much for posting, I had thought that this list had died. if anyone wants to check the validity of the glitches, I would really appreciate it, since I can't do it at the moment. I will get to it eventually, but validity is always a top priority of the list.