News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Dragon Quest Nine

Started by Rolina, 18, July, 2010, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 18, July, 2010, 08:44:19 PM
About half-way to two thirds in.  When you start seeing the monk lizard guys.  You know, the guys that look like FFTA Baanga White Monk rejects?  Around there.

hehe found one.... geez they look like turds in the cave from behind before battleing

Rolina

Yeah.  By the way, metal slash, hatchet man, and the deftness stats are your best friends here.  If you have them, USE THEM.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 18, July, 2010, 08:56:02 PM
Yeah.  By the way, metal slash, hatchet man, and the deftness stats are your best friends here.  If you have them, USE THEM.

I got a one hit kill there now with a critical hit 166 damage

Rolina

Yup.  Hatchet Man is basically a 50% chance of miss, 50% chance of critical.  Metal slash is almost guaranteed to hit metal slimes, and deftness is the stat that contributes to critical hits.  Thus, why I love thieves so much.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 18, July, 2010, 09:01:41 PM
Yup.  Hatchet Man is basically a 50% chance of miss, 50% chance of critical.  Metal slash is almost guaranteed to hit metal slimes, and deftness is the stat that contributes to critical hits.  Thus, why I love thieves so much.

I may change my main character to a theif... is that good then

Rolina

Thief IS my favorite class, and has access to Metal Slash and Daggers.  You'll find hunting down items for alchemy a LOT easier, too.  Get your physical fighters to at least a rank 3 thief (16 points into the thief's class skill line), it'll make it a lot easier to hunt down items.  Your mage should be buffing/disabling and your healer healing/disabling so that the process doesn't end in disaster.  It's a little tedious, but a lot LESS tedious than trying to get foes to drop the loot when you kill them.