News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Another flippin' fanfic!

Started by Aile~♥, 30, July, 2010, 01:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

I started another fanfic, because my other one is on my computer at home, so I can't easily work on it.

I don't have a good name for this one, but it's pretty much the Golden Sun series with more Djinn hilarity, as well as more Mia, Piers, and Ivan. Also, Isaac talks. Hopefully, he's not too out of character compared to his GS2 self.

Also, the addition of Djinn and extra random conversation adds to the hilarity.

Anyway, on with the fanfic:

[spoiler=Prologue]
Prologue: The Sanctum Erupts

BOOOOM!

A large earthquake rocked Sol Sanctum. Flint wondered what could be happening.

The seal is... broken? said Bane.

But, the seal hasn't been touched for over 500 years! commented Flint.

How do you know about that? You weren't even BORN before the Seal.

Hey, you're the one who told all of us about that, countered Granite. So why do you sound so surprised?

The sanctum exploded in a burst of fiery lava, launching the Djinn in all directions, generally at a rather unsafe velocity.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 1]
Chapter 1: Flint's Tutorial

When Flint came to, the first thing he noticed was that he had been forced into material form. The second thing he noticed was that he wasn't in the sanctum anymore.

"Hey, what's thi-- WHOA! I can talk!" the Venus Djinni said, actually managing to cut himself off. "Where am I, anyway?"

Such a question didn't really need to be asked, especially since there was no one to talk to. He looked behind him and saw Mount Aleph in the distance.

"Scorch would be proud of such an explosion." noted the Djinni. "So, where to ne--" he cut off, noticing two humans, little more than kids, walking out of the main gate of a village at the base of Mount Aleph. One was evidently a Venus Adept, with light brown hair in such a hairdo that suggested he hadn't combed his hair in at least 3 years. He walked slowly, almost as if lost in thought. The other one was a Mars Adept complete with fiery red hair and red eyes. His hair looked like he'd recently been struck by a lightning bolt, and his trudging walk suggested impatience. He had a somewhat bulky build that made it obvious that it would hurt for a while if he punched you.

"Hey, Isaac, can you hurry up?" the Mars Adept asked, in an impatient tone that made Flint wonder why the other guy was putting up with him.
"What?... Oh, yeah, sure," the Venus Adept, apparently named Isaac, replied. He sped up, and then ran straight into Flint.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Isaac and the other guy looked shocked.

"Garet, do you know what that thing is?" asked Isaac.

"Maybe it's one of the Djinn the Wise One mentioned," suggested Garet. Flint noted the shocked expression on Isaac's face and wondered if maybe it was unusual for Garet to know anything.

"Yeah, I'm a Djinni, my name is Flint. But you know about me?... Wait, you know the Wise One?"

"Yes," answered Isaac, in a plain and serious tone of voice.

"Interesting. Anyway, I need to find my friends, the other Djinn. We were separated in the eruption. If you let me join you, I'll prove very beneficial to you guys. Your Psynergy will grow stronger, and your physical capabilities will improve as well. Additionally, we have special powers that you can unleash in combat. What do you think, will you take me with you?"

"Man, this thing sure talks a lot." Garet commented.

"So says the guy who hasn't shut up since we left the village twenty minutes ago." retorted Isaac.

"I'll have you know I'm not a 'thing'!" Flint cried, at the same time as Isaac made his comment. "Anyway, as I was saying, are you willing to take me with you?"

"Fine, fine," replied Isaac.

Flint vanished into the ground, transforming into a multitude of streaks of brownish light which flew straight up into the air before converging down into Isaac's head.

Isaac felt like his brain had just exploded, as a burst of energy filled his being. What is this? he thought, I suddenly feel stronger.

Ah, so you noticed! said another voice in Isaac's head.

Wait, what? Isaac thought, confused.

When we're set to an Adept, we can hear their thoughts. We can also speak to them through thoughts. I would have expected you to notice that someone else was in your mind.

Great, so you're gonna keep pestering us forever? In that case, I'm sorry I decided to let you join us.

Not like you really had a choice anyway. I would've joined you whether you wanted me to or not. Anyway, I would assume that you are unfamiliar with how to use Djinn in combat. Am I correct?

How would I know anything? You were sealed in Sol Sanctum until Mount Aleph blew. Isaac was getting rather annoyed by this point, but he managed to maintain enough of a poker face that Garet didn't suspect anything.

Right then. Anyway, on with the tutorial. When a Djinni is Set to an Adept, the Djinni's power increases the Adept's physical capabilities slightly. This doesn't do much on its own, but the cumulative effects of many Djinn can be quite powerful. Additionally, you can call on a Djinni's power in combat for an attack unique to that Djinni. Unleashing a Djinni is accomplished in much the same way as casting Psynergy. It's really not that difficult. In fact, when I'm talking to you, it's pretty easy to find me. Just trace my thought signature to my location within your mind.

Any way you could, like, give me an example, or something? Isaac inquired.

Perhaps. Ah, great timing!

Isaac was drawn back to reality by a lone zombie ambling up towards him.

This should do fine. Now, go on, try it! thought Flint.

"Hey, uh, Isaac?" asked Garet, "Are you paying attention to that zombie over there?"

"Just hold tight, Garet." Isaac said, "I'll take care of this guy myself. Flint!"

Flint transformed Isaac's short sword into a heavy stone cleaver, then possessed his body and neatly cleaved one-third of the zombie's head off. Unsurprisingly, the head was entirely hollow. Also unsurprisingly, the zombie didn't particularly notice having its head cleaved in two. It proceeded to take a slow swipe at Isaac, who dodged it easily. These things may be slow, but they're most certainly tough!

Yeah, well, it's a zombie, what did you expect? retorted Flint.

Isaac then noticed, much to his dismay, that he suddenly felt weaker after unleashing the Djinni. Hey, what's up with this? The strength boost you gave me is gone!

Yeah, us Djinn have to be Set in order to boost your power. But after being unleashed, we go into Standby, where we can be used to summon even greater powers into battle! However, the process for summoning is... rather complicated.

How so? inquired Isaac.

Each summon has their own, unique incantation. Needless to say, it gets to be a pain to memorize them all. However, right now, you only need to worry about the incantation for the summon Venus.

Yeah, well what is it? asked Isaac impatiently.

Well, it goes like this: 'Incarnation of Earth's might, I summon thee. Come, Venus!'

Let's see how it goes! thought Isaac cheerfully.

"Incarnation of Earth's might, I summon thee. Come, Venus!" Isaac intoned. A ghostly image of a Venus Djinni appeared and circled in the air above the zombie, causing bursts of Earth power to erupt out of the ground into it, and it was lifted up off its feet from the sheer volume of projectiles. It was dead before it hit the ground. The zombie then decayed into grey dust, which dissipated instantly.

And... there's one... last thing...

You seem tired. What is it? inquired Isaac.

Once Djinn... have been used... to summon... they must... spend time... in recovery... before... Setting... themselves... again....

You better rest for a while. And we've got to get going! commented Isaac.

"And now that that's over with, let's go Garet!" Isaac said.

"Finally! I was wondering when you'd get to that!" replied Garet.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 2]
Chapter 2: The Journey Begins

As Isaac and Garet finally set out, Flint noted with exasperation that Garet was whining again. "How long until we get there?"

"Well, Mercury Lighthouse can't be more than thirty days off, can it?" Isaac grinned, and Garet sulked.

"Thirty days?!" Garet repeated, "I'm not walking around in the wilderness for thirty days!"

Is he always like this? Flint asked Isaac.

No, this is just a bad day the Venus Adept replied.

What's he like on good days, then? the Djinni inquired.

Hilarious, Isaac replied.

"Hey, Isaac, you're not saying much." Garet's comment drew Isaac back to reality.

"Huh? It's just... um..." Isaac trailed off.

"You look almost like you're having a debate with yourself," Garet noted. "And enjoying it, too."

"I've been chatting with Flint."

"About what?"

"Um... nothing."

"Obviously, it's something I'd disapprove of, otherwise you wouldn't be so secretive about it." Garet replied. "So what is it?"

"Actually, the topic of discussion was you." Flint reverted to material form, and perched himself on Isaac's head.

"Flint, shut up," Isaac said, in a tone of voice that indicated he was kidding.

"I won't stand for being ordered around. I'll have you know I'm about 500 years older than you," Flint countered in an equally joking tone.

"So you're a whiny old geezer. I get it," Garet commented, obviously intending it to be an insult.

"I'm not old. Not for my species, anyway. Many of the other Djinn are 1000 years old. Some older," the Djinni replied. He then vanished back into Isaac.

Man, what a jerk!

I'd rather you didn't talk about my friends that way.

"Um, Isaac, get out of your head and pay attention to the zombies in front of us!!!" Garet screamed. He did have a rather good cause for screaming: he and his Venus Adept friend were beset by three zombies. One was enough to be concerned about. Three was overdoing it.

"It's inconvenient not having a single attack Psynergy," commented Isaac. "Ah, well. Flint!" Flint summoned his stone cleaver, and Isaac smashed the middle zombie's head in half with it. Just as Isaac expected, it didn't so much as flinch.

"Flare!" cried Garet, and a small wall of flame struck the three zombies. The middle one turned to dust and disintigrated, the other two looked somewhat charred, but didn't even seem to notice.

The remaining zombies ganged up on Isaac. He managed to avoid the swipe of one of them, but his dodge took him into the path of the other zombie, who struck out with a surprisingly painful clawed hand. Isaac looked at his bleeding left shoulder and muttered a short string of curses.

Such language. You should be ashamed of yourself, reprimanded Flint.

Will you shut up?!? I'm trying to concentrate! snapped Isaac.

"Incarnation of Earth's might, I summon thee. Come, Venus!" Isaac chanted. The two zombies promptly had several holes smashed through them by Venus' energy bursts. Still, they kept advancing. Isaac muttered another, longer, stream of curses.

Garet attempted to skewer of the zombies with his short sword, but it managed an unusually nimble jump backwards and dodged the attack. "Why won't these stupid things die?!" Garet shouted.

The two zombies managed to get Isaac's other shoulder with their claws. At this point, he was on the verge of collapse.

"Cure," he rasped, and both of his shoulder wounds sealed.

"Flare!" shouted Garet, as he summoned another fire wall to crispify the zombies. Both of them finally gave up and died.

Should a re-animated human really be so tough? Flint asked in Isaac's mind.

If I had my way, it wouldn't be! Isaac raged. You can cut the stupid things' heads in half and they don't even notice!

Isaac and Garet resumed heading towards Vault. As they crossed the bridge, they were assaulted an army of five bats. They got the first strike, and proceeded to launch a siege's worth of audio artillery at Garet. Needless to say, he did not enjoy it, although "not enjoy" may be the understatement of the day, as the Mars Adept looked rather like his brain was about to explode.

"Cure!" Isaac called, focusing the healing Psynergy on Garet's rather severe migraine. Instantly he was back in action, singeing three of the bats with a Flare spell.

They then came in for the attack, buffeting, or attempting to buffet, Isaac with heads and wings. At the end of the assault, the Venus Adept looked a little worse for wear, but he was mostly fine.

A sudden idea occurred to Isaac. "Take this! Quake!" The ground beneath the bats roiled, and they were sent flying skyward. However, they caught air and flew upwards, instead of smashing to the bridge's splintery surface like gravity dictated they should. "Well, that was less than effective," Isaac commented, his enthusiasm deflating at an incredibly rapid pace, something like what happens when you pop a balloon by throwing it into the Sun.

"Flare!" called Garet, and he blasted the same three bats that he hit the first time. Their wings caught fire, burning away and leaving nothing but the skeleton and a bit of thoroughly cooked skin, and they smashed to the now-charred wooden floor, unable to move and bleeding profusely, but surprisingly not yet dead.

Two of the downed bats struggled feebly, while one of them assaulted its attacker with its usual auditory barrage. However, though it definitely hurt, one single bat wasn't nearly as effective as five, and the two that could still fly were attempting to pummel Isaac.

Isaac finished one of the still-mobile bats off by cleaving it in two with Flint's unleash, at which point it turned to dust and dissipated. Garet impaled the one immobile bat that had attacked him on his short sword, and it too disintegrated. The remaining wingless bats managed to get onto their hind legs, and got the bright idea to run away from the two, particularly scary, Adepts. The remaining one that had been battering Isaac turned its attention to Garet, and just barely missed his head with a flying tackle. Isaac just took his short sword and slashed at it, feeling that more extreme methods were un-necessary. It vanished into dust like the others that had been defeated.

Alright, Flint. Get back on Set. Now let's get going. Isaac ordered.

Aren't you polite, Flint deadpanned. Sure thing, Isaac.

"That took rather longer than it ought to have," commented Garet. "And now I'm hungry."

"Then lets get going!" Isaac exclaimed cheerfully.

As they reached Vault, the pair of Adepts were confronted with a rather peculiar scene.

"We can't stay another minute in a dangerous place like this," a voice said. Isaac saw a large merchant caravan leaving Vault to the south. A man in a rather fancy-looking red outfit had just exited the caravan, along with another man who was quite muscular but still managed to be rather nondescript. "We return to Kalay immediately!" The guy in red announced.

"Master Hammet! This is terrible! The bridge has been destroyed!" the other guy cried. "We cannot continue southward!"

"What...? The bridge? This is awful... How are we going to get to Kalay now?"

"...Master Hammet, I'm worried about leaving Ivan behind."

"As fond as I am of Ivan, it's his fault that my Rod was stolen..." Hammet said "rod" with a capital R, as if this "rod" was of particular significance or importance. "And his strange powers will aid him in search of the rod."

"Ivan has strange powers?" interjected the man.

A massive blue jewel falling from the sky interrupted the plot dump before it could start. "We must leave this treacherous place immediately!"

"But to where? Where can we go?"

"We have no choice. We're heading north."

"We'll wind up in Lumpa if we go north!" he sounded panicked.

"Well, it's better than being smashed by falling rocks here, isn't it?" They got back in the caravan and headed north.

Well, given the part where his choices are being smashed by rocks here or smashed by rocks up north, he might as well have stayed here. reasoned Flint.

I suppose you've got a point. agreed Isaac, as he and Garet headed into Vault from the north entrance. The town wasn't particularly impressive. It was smaller than Vale, and not nearly so bright and cheery.

This Ivan guy seems like he's gotten himself into some trouble. Perhaps we ought to learn more on the subject?

Why should we concern ourselves with the troubles of others? Isaac retorted.

Well, they did mention that Ivan has strange powers, so he's probably an Adept. We could stand to have a few more able-bodied Adepts with us, right? Flint responded.

So we could. Let's go find Ivan, then.

"Hey, Garet, we should go find this Ivan guy. He could be an Adept," Isaac called to his friend.

"I thought we were supposed to be heading for the Lighthouses, not helping minor people with minor troubles," the Mars Adept retorted.

"Let's face it: We're never going to beat Saturos and Menardi with our current strength. We're going to need more allies if we want to take them down, and prevent them from lighting the Lighthouses," Isaac reasoned.

Garet gave in. "Fine. I suppose you're right."

"Let's stop by the mayor's house. He might know something."

"Sure thing."

They turned to the nearest local, an old guy, and asked him. "Where might I find the Mayor's house?" asked Isaac.

"It's on the hill over there," he pointed to the west. There was a building slightly larger than most of the other houses, though otherwise pretty similar, complete with the usual straw roof and everything. Isaac pushed the door open and went inside, without so much as knocking. Garet followed him.

That wasn't particularly kind of you, scolded Flint.

Oops, thought Isaac.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 3]
Chapter 3: Unlocking the Vault

Surprisingly, the Mayor didn't seem to notice that they hadn't knocked. Somehow, I get the impression that he gets that all the time. thought Isaac.

Probably from rude kids like you. replied Flint.

I'm not a kid! exclaimed Isaac indignantly. He then turned his attention back to the real world. The interior of the mayor's house was designed in an odd L-shape. Off to the right stood the Mayor himself. In the upper-left corner stood a kid who was unmistakeably a Jupiter Adept. Isaac wasn't entirely sure how he knew, but his blond hair and piercing violet eyes had something to do with it. As did his green, purple, and gold outfit, which complimented his eyes and hair perfectly.

"Y'know, Isaac, something tells me the kid standing over there is Ivan," Garet suggested.

"And something tells me that the kid is a Jupiter Adept," replied Isaac.

"How can you tell?" asked Garet.

"Because I was paying attention to Kraden's classes about Adepts," Isaac lied. He had been paying attention, of course, and Kraden had at one point partially explained how to tell if someone was an Adept, but mostly he was going off of intuition. "Something about that purple and blond seriously says "Adept" to me. And besides, most normal people don't have the impeccable fashion sense to pull off a dashing appearance quite like that." Seeing as he had now managed to leave Garet entirely speechless, quite a feat in and of itself, Isaac decided the conversation was over, and walked up to Ivan.

On approaching Ivan, Isaac felt a strange sensation, one he could not recall having felt before. He couldn't quite place it, but it was definitely unnerving. However, this feeling was immediately offset by the fact that Ivan almost seemed to have a slight... glow... around him. Definitely an Adept. Well, Hammet did say that Ivan had strange powers.

"Yes. I... I do possess strange powers," Ivan said, as if he'd read Isaac's mind. "You have them too don't you?" Isaac got that strange feeling again.

Yes, that's definitely Psynergy. thought Isaac, noting that the... glow, for lack of a better term, around Ivan increased whenever he got that strange sensation.

"What? My power, it's called Psynergy? I had no idea." By this point, Isaac was starting to get quite annoyed by Ivan's constant mind reading. At this time, Garet rejoined Isaac. "We have so much in common, I think I can trust you with this," Ivan stated. "I am quite troubled. Master Hammet's Rod was stolen."

"So I've heard," replied Isaac.

"Would you please help me get my master's Rod back?"

"Um... sure," Isaac answered flatly.

"Thank you. With your help, I believe we can recover the Rod."

"Your names are..." Ivan started reading Isaac's mind again. Isaac had gotten the feeling enough times now to identify it. It was like a psynergetic hand was probing through his mind. "Isaac and Garet."

"Will you STOP READING MY MIND?!?" Isaac finally snapped (and took a step backward to get out of range) but Ivan had been talking at the same time and didn't hear him.

"I am Ivan, pleased to meet you." Ivan then noticed that Isaac had stepped away. "My ability to read minds frightens you, doesn't it?" At this, Garet sulked. "Am I really... is my Mind Read really so frightening?" asked Ivan.

"YES!!!" shouted Garet indignantly.
"Not really, just... unnerving," Isaac answered simultaneously.

Ivan then grabbed Isaac by the arm, prompting Isaac to give him a look that very clearly read "What the heck is wrong with you? Get off!" Ivan took no notice and then proceeded to use his Mind Read on Garet.

My mind! Stop reading my mind, Ivan! Garet panicked. Isaac then just barely managed to hold back a fit of giggles, instead breaking into a wide grin.

"So, Isaac... could you read Garet's mind too?" Ivan asked, as if it weren't already entirely obvious by the ridiculous expression on the Venus Adept's face. Isaac just nodded, because if he'd tried to talk, it would have just come out as sputtering laughter. "Just as I thought," stated Ivan, still appearing to not notice Isaac's barely restrained laughter.

"What? You read my mind too, Isaac?" Garet asked in disbelief. Isaac nodded again.

"I guessed that I could help you read minds if we shared our Psynergy," Ivan commented.

"Hey, that's not fair!" exclaimed Garet, apparently having no sense of indoor voice.

"You're right, it's not fair to read one way," agreed Ivan, as he linked hands with Garet. Isaac underwent a sudden mood change from On the Verge of Giggling Like a Maniac to downright nervous, and it showed.

Man, I hate this whole Mind Reading business, complained Flint. Anything we can do about it?

Wait, you hate Mind Reading? But you do it yourself all the time! Isaac countered.

But that's when I'm doing it, not when someone's doing it to me! Flint whined hypocritically. At that, Ivan seemed to smile slightly. Garet was too busy being excited about reading Isaac's mind to actually pay attention to what Isaac was thinking.

"Whoa! I did it! I read your mind, Isaac!" Garet exclaimed. Although Flint wondered if that was really the case, as Garet didn't seem as though he'd been paying attention at all.

"Let's use Mind Read to find the thieves!" Ivan exclaimed cheerfully.

"Hold up. Won't people notice when we're using Mind Read?" asked Isaac.

"Oh, I see... You two can tell when I am using Psynergy?" Ivan asked, sounding strangely surprised, as if it weren't painfully obvious when Garet was complaining in his thoughts about being mind-read, or when Flint was whining about it. "Isaac, both you and Garet are Adepts. Maybe that's why you can tell when I'm reading your minds. Ordinary people can't see anything. There's nothing to worry about," he paused a bit before adding, "Don't worry, I will not read your minds again." Isaac and Garet both nodded thanks. "Let me read the minds of the townsfolk to find the rod," Ivan suggested, though it was phrased more like an order.

With that, Ivan joined the group and they set about looking through town for anyone suspicious. One person in particular, a man with slightly purple-tinged skin and purple hair, stood out. He was skulking at the west side of town, and when Isaac tried pressing him for information, he started saying things like "you shouldn't accuse strangers for no reason". Mind Reading him confirmed the group's suspicions.

This looks like the one, huh, Isaac? Flint stated.

I really didn't need you to tell me that, replied Isaac.

Well, sorry! the Venus Djinni said sarcastically.

The group then headed off to the Inn, as that was the one place they hadn't looked yet. On the second floor, they spotted another strangely purple guy, along with a more normal-looking guy wearing orange. When Ivan approached, they started complaining.

"Oh no! That freaky kid is with them!" the guy in purple complained.

"I can't stand him! Don't let him anywhere near me!" exclaimed the guy in orange.

As the group tried to get close enough for Mind Read, they kept running away.

Well, that's one way to draw attention, Flint snarked.

"Do any of you guys think that that's a really bad strategy if they don't want to draw attention?" asked Ivan.

"Well, duh!"

"Uh, yeah," Garet and Isaac spoke simultaneously.

"But you can't use Mind Read if they keep running away, can you?" asked Garet.

"No. You have to get up close," responded Isaac. He knew this from experience, having once managed to back out of Ivan's range when they first met him.

"Isn't there any way we can catch them?" asked Garet.

"Maybe the three of us can surround one of them," Ivan exclaimed. Seeing the doubting looks on his friends' faces, he added: "Don't worry! This is going to work!"

"Garet, you block the entryway. Ivan and I will surround one of them," suggested Isaac. Or at least, the tone of voice made it sound like a suggestion, but the wording was that of an order. On command, Garet went and blocked the entryway. Isaac almost smiled. Garet could be quite the roadblock when he felt like it.

"Hey, they're back!" exclaimed the orange-garbed man.

"Uh-oh, they're a-comin' for us one-on-one!" cried the purple-garbed man.

"Do whatever it takes! Just keep away from them!"

Surprisingly, Isaac and Ivan managed to corner both of them, to the north of one of the two tables in the room.

"They've cornered us!" exclaimed the orange-garbed man, winning a prize for the sheer obviousness of his comment.

"There's nowhere to run!" the purple-garbed man cried, not managing to out-do his friend in terms of obviousness, but evidently trying very hard.

"Now, Ivan!" ordered Garet, as if he thought Ivan really needed to be told that.

"A-alright!" stuttered Ivan, before Mind Reading the two guys. A short while and one annoyed Garet later, he stopped.

"Are you done?" asked Garet. Ivan nodded. "Well?" Garet shouted impatiently.

"It's them, all right. I think they took a lot of other things, too. It looks like they're hiding it all somewhere in this inn." Ivan shook his head. "But they won't let me near them again."

"Then I guess we have no other choice ­-- we have to search the inn..." Garet sounded depressed about it for some reason. Flint was about to start questioning Isaac about his odd mood, but was interrupted as conversation resumed.

"What, you don't like the idea?" asked Isaac. Recieving no response from Garet, he shook his head. "Well, let's get going, then."

Much walking around the Inn ensued. They searched room after room, box after box, and couldn't find anything. It was nearly dinner time now, and Garet was starting to get grumpy. "Man, where could they have hidden it all? We've searched the whole Inn! The whole, entire, stupid building! From wall to wall and floor to cieling!" Flint could see the coming rant, and was not going to enjoy it.[/spoiler]

So, yeah, what do you guys think? Am I on the right track? Comments are appreciated. (Also, I think I need to replay the first GS, to jog my memory as to which Djinn you get when.)

Chapter 3 is up! And yeah, I know, too much pre-scripted cutscene stuff. I hate this part of the game, to be honest. The only thing that keeps me occasionally working on it is the knowledge that later, I'll have more characters and cutscene-less time to work with. Forge and Gust join the party soon, so that should be good.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

dograt50

Wow Jamie i think it would be a Epic fanfic if you kept writing it. I give it a 10/10.

Oh and heres a list of all the Djinn from GS1(from Goldensun.wikia.com)

Note: an (F) means that the Djinni in question must be fought to be gained.

Flint (Outside of Vale)
Forge (Goma Cave) (F)
Gust (Bilibin)
Granite (Kolima)
Breeze (Tret Tree) (F)
Fever (Imil)
Fizz (Mercury Lighthouse, already in Mia's possession)
Sleet (Mercury Lighthouse) (F)
Checkpoint: Saturos on the Mercury Lighthouse Aerie: Venus 2  Mars 2  Jupiter 2  Mercury 2

Zephyr (Fuchin Falls Cave) (F)
Quartz (Mogall Forest) (F)
Checkpoint: Killer Ape in the Mogall Forest: Venus 3 Mars 2 Jupiter 3 Mercury 2

Corona (Overworld, North of Xian) (F)
Mist (Xian)
Spritz (Altin Peak) (F)
Checkpoint: Hydros Statue in Altin Peak: Venus 3 Mars 3 Jupiter 3 Mercury 4

Smog (Lamakan Desert)
Checkpoint: Maticore in Lamakan Desert: Venus 3 Mars 3 Jupiter 4 Mercury 4

Vine (Overworld, west of Lamakan Desert exit) (F)
Scorch (Kalay Tunnels)
Sap (Vault)*
Kite (Vale Cave)*
Checkpoint: Kraken on the Tolbi-bound Ship: Venus 5 Mars 4 Jupiter 5 Mercury 4

Ember (Tolbi)
Hail (Overworld, south of Altmiller Cave) (F)
Ground (Kalay Docks)
Squall (Altmiller Cave) (F)
Checkpoint: Colosso Finals: Venus 6 Mars 5 Jupiter 6 Mercury 5

Tonic (Lunpa Fortress)
Flash (Suhalla Desert) (F)
Checkpoint: Storm Lizard in Suhalla Desert: Venus 6 Mars 6 Jupiter 6 Mercury 6

Dew (Suhalla Gate) (F)
Bane (Crossbone Isle)
Torch (Lalivero)
Luff (Babi's Lighthouse) (F)
Checkpoint: Saturos and Menardi, and the Fusion Dragon on the Venus Lighthouse Aerie: Venus 7 Mars 7 Jupiter 7 Mercury 7

Notes: *After you've reached Kalay, the bridge between it and Vault is fixed, allowing you to head back up north to do optional dungeons.

:Isaac: :VenusDjinni: :Felix: Chuck Norris!

Aile~♥

Added in Chapter 2.

Also, I'm at home now, and went to look at my old fanfic. It really kind of... sucks. I'll have to rewrite it after I'm done this one.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]