News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun 1 text editor

Started by KeinoGSTLA, 26, August, 2010, 11:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeinoGSTLA

:happy: Hey guys I founded a new hack that changes texts! First download from this website Its no Viruses http://www.sendspace.com/file/bseskb and put it in the VBA folder. then make a copy of golden sun 1 Called "GS.GBA" then run the extract_script open script.txt and start editiing but see youtube Golden Sun Text edit tutorial 1  and 2 Please comment
Welcome, enjoy my posts and downloads! :)

Rolina

That's great and all, but the next release of the editor is two months away, and we'll have the tools to do that then in an easy to use interface.

KeinoGSTLA

Atrius (He/Him)

It should be noted that text editing in the editor is currently limited by the compression tables for the text format.  Unfortunately the format it's stored in only allows certain characters to be beside each other.  This tool does away with the compression, and has no such limitations.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: KeinoGSTLA on 26, August, 2010, 11:39:03 PM
:happy: Hey guys I founded a new hack that changes texts! First download from this website Its no Viruses http://www.sendspace.com/file/bseskb and put it in the VBA folder. then make a copy of golden sun 1 Called "GS.GBA" then run the extract_script open script.txt and start editiing but see youtube Golden Sun Text edit tutorial 1  and 2 Please comment

Thats my videos >_> that you speak of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CgY1bCBc0E

KeinoGSTLA

@MaxiPower: Yes I know but It's a Toturial to demonstrate...I don't have YouTube Account :um:

But sorry. I'l create a YouTube Account.

Edit (Atrius): Watch the double posts.  It's only acceptable when it's been a few days between them, and you have something fairly important to add to the conversation.

IsaacSun14

:sad: Where can I find the text hack thingie

Rolina

...you do realize this is from two years ago, right?

Awec

Wait, it's been 2 years and we're still struggling with the text compression?
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

I don't think it's "Struggling".  Like most dead topics, people just lost interest and went to do other things.

Misery

Quote from: Atrius on 27, August, 2010, 12:41:17 AM
This tool does away with the compression, and has no such limitations.
Shame it's no longer available then, sounds like this could be pretty useful.

Rolina

Sounds like a feature that the editor needs, which has its own thread.  The problem here is that not only was a two year old topic bumped, it was bumped without contribution.