News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Character sprites

Started by Gareth, 27, August, 2010, 11:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Sorry if this topic has been made already, I'm in a rush today
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any bare sprites that people have created,
bare meaning the outline of a character in battle but without the personal hair and clothes and such.
My problem is that though i am an iconer myself, i normally only do up to 32-bit icons (and these are clearly not 32)
that being said i've given this a good go and my results aren't awful so far for the Golden Sun sprites
but I'm very lazy  :JupiterDjinni:
so i was wondering if anyone knows of any empty sprites or something similar, otherwise i might make some myself, as I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to put their own sprites in, only they're too lazy (like me) or haven't even tried out of frustration.
sorry if i've waffled on and hope i can help or be helped =)
:JupiterSet:

Salanewt

I can not think of any bare sprites without detail, but I have made sprites before. I still have to make Maxi some more sprites because I keep forgetting (until just now), so I doubt that I will be able to work on any of these bare sprites. If I find out about any, I suppose I can let you know.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Bare sprites don't exist.  Due to the detail that goes into making a fully moving sprite, including the height, build, main hand, etc... of the character, I don't think you can make bare ones anyways.  That may work on those Deviant Art thingies, but for sprite art it really doesn't - it's just on too small of a scale.

Salanewt

Role has a point. The most that I could do is to give you oval shapes or something, but that is quite far from even being sprites.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Gareth

I suppose i was being a bit vague, though I'm far from a deviant art spriter...
though my work only ranges to final fantasy sprites, i see what you mean Role and i suppose it was a stupid reuqest due to the number of states and the pixels in each square
never mind, i suppose i shall just have to stop being lazy =)
thank you both Salanewt and Role
:JupiterDjinni:

Rolina

Not DA Sprites, DA Bases.  I assumed that's what you were looking for, but on a small scale those don't work.  Given a key variable of GS battle sprites:  Close-to-realistic proportions, it screws up any hopes you may have for a base, which requires everything to have a similar build.

Atrius (He/Him)

I can tell you that the dimensions of the battle sprites are 64x64, and you can find the color palette used for them here.  Aside from that... Use the original sprites from the game as a reference?  I've had the best luck replicating Golden Sun's style by prerendering a 3D model.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Gareth

cheers Atrius,
that'll help a bunch =)  :JupiterDjinni: