Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 19, 2018, 05:41:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Events Plot  (Read 7744 times)
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« on: August 31, 2010, 05:39:42 PM »

This is an RP. Enough said.

...Just kidding. But yeah, basically you take one to seven OCs (original characters) you made, and make stuff happen. However, they must be grouped together in up to three groups.

There are THREE RULES:

1. No godmoding.
2. The Fourth Wall must survive.
3. You can use up to SEVEN characters.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:31:34 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

Three characters? I have a question. Can I have the Trainer be anything other than human?

Have a nice day.

Edit: I think I know what two of my characters are, but I have a different question. Can the third character be a Pokemon without a trainer (I was thinking of having one of my characters treating it like a pet)?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:38:46 PM by Salanewt » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:36 PM »

No, Salanewt, you can't use Yoshi. As I said, "Original Characters". (Although a Yoshi IS technically a species, it's too bloody generic. Basically, it'd need to be something OTHER than a generic Yoshi. For one thing, it needs a name. For another thing, it needs a personality.) However, I suppose they COULD be something other than human, as long as it's not another Pokemon.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »

To be honest, I was not actually considering a Yoshi (okay, I was at one point, but I have a completely original team now (and it was also after I asked the question, but moving on)).

1, Roxanne, the warrior princess of the praries, can control and influence the earth;
2, Myron, a former aide of the oceanic tyrant Bethadent, can alter and control the state of the roaring seas;
3, Andrew, a magic student studying at a magical academy, is able to control the atmosphere to manipulate wind and storm and also fiddles with utility magic.

Oh, and they are all human (all human, but I might as well make Andrew a major Yoshi fan, just to pass on a little bit of myself to this character). Before I finalize, is it okay if I make Myron of the Yoshi species (without the generic personality, and being light blue)? If not, then I finalize my team as humans.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:42:24 PM by Salanewt » Logged

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 11:58:28 PM »

They don't HAVE to be GS-style chars, you know (and there's nothing preventing you from making a Djinni character either). They could be from Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Mario, Pokemon, whatever. Also, Pokemon are allowed 1 illegal Move in their moveset. And yes, you can use yoshis as long as they're different from just "Yoshi".

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:03 AM »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Roxanne is a Golden Sun + Fire Emblem character, while Andrew was actually a Fire Emblem character as well (and Myron was a human migrant to a planet in another galaxy, unrelated to video games before changing him into a Yoshi). Actually, one minor thing. Same biographies as before, but...

Roxanne, human
Icecap, djinni, Mercury
Andrew, a Yoshi, white

Myron is now Icecap, the Mercury djinni (and is now a "former pet" instead of a "former aide"). Andrew is now a Yoshi, white coloured. He also has a short cape, similar to what Sheba would wear.

And my team is now complete. Can I start with my characters whenever, or do we need more people to participate?

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »

It would be NICE to have more participants, definitely. SO COME ON PEOPLE WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 01:37:45 AM »

I think I will make my characters have a minor conversation, which will hopefully help to persuade others to participate.

Mercury Djinni Hey, did you two hear about the one where I destroyed the Demon King with my-

Andrew: We heard of that one already.

Mercury Djinni Okay then... So I was supposed to rescue a beautiful princess from another dimension, which took me on a quest to defeat Ganon and gain-

Andrew: Are you sure that you were involved in any of those stories? I am pretty sure that I know who did what you claim to have done.

Roxanne: Yeah, and they seemed much more skilled than you.

Mercury Djinni Set Oh great, thanks... Thanks for that Roxy.

Roxanne: The name is Roxanne! Besides, how could you do any of that stuff when you don't even have arms?

Mercury Djinni Why, Roxy, I did those through the powers of compensation! Wait, that is-

Andrew: So you-

Roxanne: Roxanne!

Andrew: Went to court to-

Mercury Djinni Set Condensation!

Andrew: Sue someone for loads of money as compensation for losing your arms in a car accident?

Roxanne: Mercury Djinni Set ...

Andrew: Never mind, lets just go find something to eat, I am starving!

Mercury Djinni Okay Andrew. Come on Roxy, lets go find something to eat for Andrew...

Roxanne: If you don't start calling me Roxanne, I will impale you with a spire! Got the message now?

Mercury Djinni I certainly do Roxy!

Roxanne: The name is Roxanne... Roxanne, Roxanne, Rox-

Andrew: I swear, I will keep both of you trapped in powerful tornadoes if you can't stop arguing! Now, lets go, we need to find something to eat before-

Roxanne: Please, never interrupt me!

Andrew: Okay, fine. I will not interrupt either of you anymore, but we have to eat before setting up camp.

Roxanne: Mercury Djinni Set Okay then...

Please tell me, how was this? Also, where is your team Jamie?

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »

Doin' it wrong. You have to state WHERE you are. Write it like you would a novel. That's how RPs work, people. On the other hand, the conversation was funny. And BTW, Andrew seemed just like you. XD

Also, My Large Character List. The ones I'm using are Aerith (Pokemon trainer), Squall (Gallade), Blitz (a female Lucario), and Atalanta (Gardevoir). Just use the "find" function if you wanna find them.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »

And yet you wonder why I gave up on the RP here so long ago...

View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

Yeah, I suppose now I get it. It's because most people here have absolutely no idea how to RP.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 11:08:54 PM »

Doin' it wrong. You have to state WHERE you are. Write it like you would a novel.

Okay, thanks for that helpful advice! I was planning on stating where in my next post, but I am not sure if there will be one at this rate (come on everyone).

On the other hand, the conversation was funny.

Thanks! I was hoping that the comedy would help make more people interested, but every one of my future posts should still be funny.

And BTW, Andrew seemed just like you. XD

You think? Aside from being a Yoshi and having his powers, Andrew is very similar to me.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 03:32:46 AM »

Oh, hello there. I would like to join this as well. (I guess...)

novel

...Okay, so I suppose I just insert my characters in like so...

Characters:
Harry (Blue Yoshi) - Always doing what his cousin wants him to.
Jerry (Red Yoshi) - Lazy, likes to be waited on.
George (Black Yoshi) - A protector, Harry and Jerry seek him for wisdom and help.

They all live together in New Mexico city (made-up city?), but they are on vacation on the shores of New Mexico.

On the shores of New Mexico, a blue Yoshi by the name of Harry was buying a drink for his cousin, Jerry.
"Hello, how may I help you?"
"I am buying a drink for my cousin, may I please buy a coke?"
"Sure!, that'll be $1. How would you like to try our special?"
"No thanks. I only want the coke, here the money, and thankyou."
"You are welcome, have a good day, sir."
Harry, who was walking towards Jerry, was distracted by a scene which was occuring from a far.
"Hey Jerry, look over there..."
"Yeah?"
"You see what they're doing?"
"Yeah?"
"They look like they need some help."
"Okay."
"Oh, by the way, here's your drink."
"Thanks."

P.S. - New Mxico does not actually have to be the state New Mexico, but, I thought it would due.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:40:49 AM by charleysdrpepper » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

Coins: 1

Clan Position: Luna Overlord

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 03:50:01 AM »

An RP?  Hey, can I get in on this?  I haven't RPed in awhile and I gotta say, the urge is rising.

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »

YES you can get in on this.

Honestly, I should split the topic and make a registration topic as well as the actual topic we're going to do stuff in...

But I do believe that that level of precision is beyond my expertise with mod powers. And I'm lazy right now, so nevermind that.

My turn!

A girl with light-green hair was poking around at some stone fragments on Spear Pillar. Her once-white outfit was now covered in beige dust, and her running shoes were full of snow. By her side was a Gallade, he was occupying himself by attempting to assemble a pyramid out of various fragments of the crumbled stone pillars.

"Hey Squall!" the girl called.

What is it, already? I'm busy! the Gallade answered.

No, you're not, now get over here and check this out. The girl was holding a large gem that looked sort of like a massively oversized, glowing pink pearl.

That thing is huge! What do you think it is?

"I was hoping you'd know! You're such a great help, Squall."

I try, Aerith, the Gallade responded smugly.

The girl's expression managed to say both 'D***it Squall!' and 'I should have seen that coming' at the same time. Despite this, she decided not to press the issue. "This thing is heavy! Here, you carry it!" she complained, holding it with both arms but still straining under the weight.

Squall just lifted it with telekinesis, making the gem look light. Squall smirked slightly. Aerith facepalmed.

Suddenly, a Gardevoir teleported in from the other side of the ruins. She looked worried.

"What's up, Atalanta?"

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

About what? Aerith responded, switching to telepathy for a more private conversation.

That's just it. I don't know what.

Well, that IS worrying. Squall interrupted the conversation. Aerith was stunned: Squall had sounded completely serious. Well, not really sounded, considering the fact that he was thinking it rather than actually saying it.

Look out! a new voice, one belonging to a Lucario, entered the conversation, just in time for a rip in the dimensions to swallow everyone on Spear Pillar.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:57:02 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise