Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 19, 2018, 11:02:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Events Plot  (Read 7759 times)
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »

OOC: First thing's first: Rule revision: You're allowed 7 characters if you want, but please keep them grouped up into a maximum of 3 parties so that we don't spend too much time describing scenery. Although, if you're going to be Overlord Kain-ish about things and provide massively huge descriptions, well, seven's going to be a bit too many. /understatement.

Second: Remember, this is a fairly casual RP. It's basically an "average crew, abnormal events" thing, but I wanted to give it a different name.

Also, I just realized people probably can't see the place where I put my character profiles, so I'mma make a profile topic for people who want to put their profiles somewheres for future use.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:04:19 AM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

Coins: 1

Clan Position: Luna Overlord

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 07:06:59 PM »

Odd, it was supposed to be edited so they weren't god mods since they were copy pasta from another site that pretty much said "Go all out."  (Save for Kurai.  Kain's and Yoen were made for Disgaea RP's.)  I'll edit it later tonight though as I'm rather busy at the moment dealing with homework.

Besides, this isn't that bad compared to my old character Leon.  Just ask Role about him.  ;)

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »

OOC: The success of an RP requires that people post. And it's not my turn.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »

I guess I should write it like a novel instead of a play this time, so I shall try it differently.

It was a cold day that summer, perhaps the coldest night that any of them had experienced the whole year. Instead of watching the birds care for their young or petting the bumble bees as they savoured the sweet nectar of the lilies, the party was cursed to walks in a treacherous, frozen valley not far from Prox. Each desired to turn back, to return to their ship and sail to a tropical island, but none of them dared to do so. They were close to completing their icy missions. They were much, much closer than any of them could believe. From the icy cliff from where they stood, they watched, gaping as the beauty of the sunset unraveled over the barren, snow covered plains ahead. It was at that moment that one of them looked down from where a sudden gleam of light shone just moments before.

"And there it is, lady and gentleman," whispered Andrew. "That is the cave in which our goal can be reached."

Icecap, who was tired from walking such a great distance in the deep snow with such stubby legs, asked "Hey, Andrew? Why are you talking like that?"

The Yoshi thought for a moment. He decided to respond with a jump, repeating "No reason, it is just that I have had my fair share of watermelon. I feel satiated."

"Oh, okay then. Anyway, it was at the moment that the seven Crystal Stars responded, allowing me to enter this huge dungeon, and-"

“There is no way that you could have done any of what you have claimed!” shouted a young woman, distraught at having twisted her ankle and forcing Andrew to carry her on his back.

“Oh Roxy, of course I did.”

“Roxanne! The name is Roxanne! Get it right you little-”

“Please, will you both stop your fighting? We need a bridge to make it to the cave, since carrying both of you would make the distance too far for me to jump. I also exhausted my psynergy when those white wolves tried attacking us, so I can not make us hover either.”

“What happened to that blue shell that you were carrying around with you?” asked the djinni.

“While you were telling us the story of when you defeated that Redly fellow-”

“Ridley.”

“-I ate it, hoping that I could use it to help me defeat that large beetle, but I accidentally swallowed it when the monster was killed.”

“Oh, I see. I suppose I can make a slope of ice, but it will be difficult to get back up. I mean, that cave is quite far down.”

“An icy slope would be perfect. There should be a psynergy stone in there, meaning that we should be able to return to that little frozen village quite easily. Of course, we need to claim the Haglmor before we can return. By the way, which artifacts do we have so far?”

“We have the Vicestrom, and the Jihedshom… oh, and that inert staff that is supposed to be able to hold and use all of them,” responded Roxanne. She seemed quite determined to remember as much as there is to know about the staff.

“The Flamnir, the sacred staff of fire…”

“So we will be able to use this staff to-”

“Yes, quite. This will definitely be something that is much more valuable than money,” interrupted the Yoshi.

“And then we have power over each of the elements, you being wind, Roxy being earth, and I being water. However, we still have seven more stones to collect after-”

“Roxanne!”

“Yes, that is true. In order to be able to activate the staff, you need one person who can hone the power of each element, or three people who each have an element other than fire. When we have the staff completed, we can return to Yoshi’s Island for a celebratory feast. After that, we have to find the One,” replied the Yoshi. He was starting to get excited, so he slid down the ice slope that Icecap created. When he arrived, he felt Roxanne crash into him, followed by Icecap.

“The cave. We are so close to claiming the Haglemor…” continued Andrew in awe. “After we get it, we can rest in the cave for the night. It should be warm enough, so it will be safer than camping out here all night.”

“That is true. So then, Andrew, Roxy, shall we?”

“The name is Roxanne, you insolent little-”

“Yes, we shall.”

And here is my post! I decided to progress their story a little bit, so they already have two of the 10 items which they seek, and they almost have the third. The last post of mine was taking place at a camp that they set up one night, but that detail is not really important.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »

Hmm.. my turn? Well, my last one was mainly short and stubby... so hopefully I can add a bit more.

Harry and Jerry, while sitting on the sands of New Mexico, were watching the small crowd of 2 start a fight.

"You, give me that, right, now!!" said the father of a little boy.

"No, it's mine!"

"You better, or I will--"

Harry stood up and walked over to try and calm the situation.

"Can you please keep it down... we are trying to enjoy the peace."

"What, you think you can stop me? Tssh!"

"Well, it was just a suggestion, but otherwise, I will just leave, now."

Harry realized that he was a terribly drunk man, and he had to go get the cops on him.  Harry had turned around and started towards Jerry.  The little boy's father was furious, and since he was terribly drunk..., he then reached over, and finally grabbed what the little boy had, since the little boy was trying to get Harry's attention, and wasn't thinking to much about keeping what he had,.. safe.--, and hit Harry with this item, making him go temporaily uncoincious. Jerry saw this, and was shocked, and he thought Harry had died...

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 05:20:27 AM »

OOC: Nice post, Sala! My turn.

IC: When the universe finally settled into being around her, the first thing Aerith noticed was that she was on a beach. Squall, meanwhile, was busy worrying about the fact that the strange pearl-gem-thing they'd found was nowhere to be seen. Aerith's Gardevoir, Atalanta, was staring out at a large city in the distance, although 'distance' is perhaps the wrong term, as it pretty much started where the beach ended. Also on the beach was an oddly-coloured Lucario. She had a stormy purple in place of the usual blue, and a storm-cloud shade of grey in place of the usual black. She was looking further along the beach at what appeared to be two dinosaurs with some sort of smooth, saddle-like shell on their backs.

Aerith was suddenly flooded with a lot of questions at once. Some of them were hers. Most were from her Pokemon.

What in Arceus' name just happened?

Where are we?

What happened to that gem we found?

What are those things?

First off, one at a time. Aerith mentally corrected her Pokemon. All these questions were beginning to give her a headache.

As for where we are, I'd say we're near some sort of city, Squall's mental voice answered Atalanta. [But I wanna know what happened to that weird gem.[/i]

What happened? Well, a large pink-and-white Dragon Pokemon ripped a hole in reality with its claws, sucking us all in, the Lucario's mental voice answered, in response to Aerith's question. That still leaves the question of what those crazy things over there are!!!

What things, Blitz? asked Aerith.

They look like some sort of dinosaur, Squall answered, having spotted them. Aerith and Atalanta followed his gaze and spotted them as well.

Are they supposed to be a Pokemon of some sort? the Lucario, named Blitz, asked.

No... started Atalanta, causing the others to expect some sort of oracle-like cryptic answer. At least, I don't think so. They were disappointed.

Y'know, why do I even bother asking these questions? I'm supposed to use my aura powers to find this sort of stuff out, anyway! Blitz stated.

We're accomplishing a flat lot of nothing standing around here. Aerith pointed out. So let's get going!

Where, exactly? came the group response.

That's a darn good question.

OOC: Hint: Those "things" they've spotted happen to be a certain group of two yoshis. Yeah, I'm looking at you, charleysdrpepper.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:18:43 PM by JamietheFlameUser » Logged

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »

Thanks Jamie. By the way, I have two questions.

1: Would it be possible to assign my whole team a single Pokemon? As you have stated, you can have three characters, or a Pokemon trainer with 6 Pokemon (for the lucky number 7). However, I was just wondering if I could make my team adopt a Pokemon during their travels. It isn’t really necessary to the plot that I have started to develop, but it might help prevent my characters from getting predictable.

2: Do we have to post in order? For example, could I post after you, then charleysdrpepper posts after I do, and then I post again?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 04:29:29 PM »

OOC: 1: I actually changed that to seven characters total, just for fairness. (It's in one of the posts somewhere in the middle of the topic.) But, they have to be grouped together for a total of up to 3 groups. The reason I limited it to three was because I figured people would have their characters be completely unrelated and traveling way far away from each other, doing entirely different things. But then I realized it's probably fine anyway. I suppose I should update the first post, eh?

2: It's better that you post in order. If the topic is inactive for 2 days, you can take your turn out of order.

View Profile
Kain
The Dragoomba
Administrator

Boom Daze

Great Member

Coins: 1

Clan Position: Luna Overlord

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »

And what is the order if I may ask?

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »

So far, it's: Salanewt > Charleysdrpepper > me.

But new people can jump in whenever they want. However, once you've jumped in, you have that part in the order. So, depending on what you're doing, you may want to think about when you're jumping in. But really, it shouldn't matter too much.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »

So I can have four more characters if I want? I like the sound of that already (although beyond adding a Pokemon to my team, I have little idea about what else I could add).

Also, it is my turn right now, so... I will wait for an hour before posting.

Have a nice day.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 09:16:49 PM »

Aw man, you grouped George up with Harry and Jerry, George was going to come in later.. (EDIT: (after Jamie's post) Since he was busy with.. lol... well, I haven't got to that part..)

Or wait? Was that Jerry and two other Yoshis? (since Harry is pretty much "uncoincious" right now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:19:29 PM by charleysdrpepper » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 09:17:44 PM »

OK, then that's *two* yoshis they spotted. I'll go fix my post.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »

As it is my turn, and now that I have portraits made for my three characters (Roxanne's took a while to make), I think that I will get ready for my next post.

After approximately 30 minutes of walking, the group finally reached the end of the long, dark tunnel. There were no sources of light, save for some glowing mushrooms, a psynergy stone, and the Jihedshom. However, when they arrived at the end, they stumbled upon two treasure chests and the Haglmor. As Andrew picked up the Haglmor to attach it to the Flamnir, Roxanne decided to open the chests. However, she could not decide which chest to choose first. The one to her right was a beautiful royal blue box, with gold trimmings that seemed to shine in the dimly lit room. On her other side, there rested an old, musty smelling wooden box. The young woman was starting to get irritated because she could not decide which one to open. To pass the time (and as something to help her drown out Icecap’s wild stories), she decided to watch the light shine off of the moisture that had built up on the cavern’s walls.

“And then, all by my self, I beat Boshi at the Yoshi Derby,” exclaimed the djinni.

“Are you sure of that, Icecap?”

“Yes, I am very sure!”

He seemed quite amused at Icecap’s story, as he once watched the actual event from the skies. “Are you positive?” repeated Andrew.

“Well, now that you mention it, my memory seems a bit foggy when I think of that event… um… so how are you Andrew?”

“Just the same as I was when we first entered this cave. It is quite smelly and musty in here. I must admit though, it is warmer in here than outside. This is probably because of the Heatstone.”

“Yeah, it is warmer in-wait, the Heatstone?”

“I decided to rename these old relics, based on their related traits to fire. The Haglmor provides heat, so I named it the Heatstone.”

“Okay, but why did you rename it?”

“The original names are quite unusual to today’s standards, and I was a bit worried that I would forget them. I also renamed the Vicestrom, Smokestone, and Jihedshom, Glowstone.”

“Ah, I see. Anyway, I don’t think that you have heard about when I freed the Goron Elder from underneath some fallen boulders, have you? I told Roxanne all about it-”

As the girl had barely been paying attention, she just started shouting at Icecap for saying what sounded to her like a part of her name. “The name is Roxy! Roxy-get it right!”

“Um, Roxanne?” asked Andrew, apparently confused by her sudden outburst.

“What!? Er, I mean yes?”

“Okay Roxy. Roxy Roxy Roxy… Roxy!”

“Roxanne… Grah! I don’t care right now, I can’t decide which chest to open.”

“The answer should be very simple,” replied the Yoshi.

“I have been sitting here for a few minutes, and you wait until now to tell me which one?”

“You see the chest to your right?”

“Yes, I do,” replied Roxanne.

“Now, that chest has a lock on it, whereas the other chest does not.”

“It does?”

Icecap, trying his best to sound as coy as possible, decided to say something. “It has taken you almost 20 minutes to open a chest?”

“Fine, I will open the musty wooden one!”

After giving herself a moment to forget her embarrassment, Roxanne proceeded to open the small wooden chest to her left. As she pulled the lid back, she cringed at the sound that the rusted hinges made.

“A key…” whispered the now dumbfounded Roxanne. “Now to see if we can open this other chest!”

“Well, what is it?”

“Okay then, you little-“

“Will it be money? I can make ourselves a bank account if it is.”

Roxanne slid the key into the golden lock, and opened the chest afterwards.

“Its… another key…”

“Wait, there is a note in here!” exclaimed Andrew. He read the note to Roxanne and Icecap out loud.

Dear Adventurer(s),

In this chest, you will have found the Big Key. With this, you can open the Big Chest, as well as the door to the Boss Room. The entrance to the dungeon should be underneath this chest, unless it has been moved. At the end rests some instructions, which will take you to the Boss Room. If you have never done this before, killing the boss will make you stronger, and then you will find a rare artifact at the end. In the Big Chest, you can find a…

“The rest of the message has faded too much to be able to read.”

“So what should we do? We really must collect the other seven stones to add to Flamnir.”

“How about we explore it? We might be able to find something to help us in our future travels! Besides, it would be nice to go on another adventure again, I have not done so since I had a Luma help me fly around through space,” said Icecap.

“How do you put up with this guy?”

Andrew thought for a very short moment before replying to both Roxanne and Icecap. “He seems nice enough. Anyway, lets go and see what we can find in this dungeon!”

“Yay! Come on Andrew, Roxy, lets go and explore this dungeon!”

“Hey! The name is-”

“Off on another adventure again! Besides, I would imagine that whatever it is we find in here, there will be nothing else like it anywhere in the Mushroom Kingdom, and then we can use it until we finish our adventure (or sell it if it turns out to be useless)!”

And here is my post. As some of you Zelda fanatics might notice, Andrew and co. are going on an adventure together… Zelda style!

Have a nice day.

P.S. I made portraits for these three characters. If you want to see them for a better understanding of what they might look like, they should be in the RP Characters topic.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:36:34 PM by Salanewt » Logged

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »

It was not long until the father and his boy left the scene, knowing the chance for them to get caught would be much less if they were away... Jerry was curious as to what item it was that hit Harry. Jerry went to go look at Harry noticing a suspiciously glowing mark on the back of his neck.

What in the world could possibly leave a Glowing brooze in the name of all thing? Jerry started thinking.

Could this be the legend George was telling me?

A legend which was thought to be a complete myth?

Jerry wanted to confirm the legend to make sure that this was the glowing mark of Positol. Jerry, who was stressed by the fact that he was alone with almost no one to ask for help, decided to carry Harry on his back a little ways. Being that Harry was a bit heavy for his kind, Jerry did not last long until he had to lay him back down on the ground, right near the shop, where the waitress was selling drinks.

"How may I help you?," the waitress prompted, as if she knew Jerry wanted something.

"I need to make a call," Jerry said.

"I am sorry, but we do not have phones here, is there anything else I can do?," she said politely.

"Oh, well, there might be one thing, you see, I left this creature outside, please be polite to him, keep an eye on him, he is asleep right now, and waking him up would only make him a VERY BIG grouch, I tried it before, and I regretted it.", Jerry said, trying to avoid letting the waitress know that he is uncoincious, or of the sort.

"Oh, sure..., we can keep an eye on him, I'm open all night."

"Thankyou, I must go now, but I will be back later to pick him up." Jerry left the shop and headed down the bridge to the city, which crossed over a small swamp.  (In this section, anyway.)  

Jerry glancing down on the brick floor after the bridge, noticed something he had not noticed before, drips of blood leading down the path... he was horrified by who could be done the path.

It looks like the drunk guy went down this way thought Jerry.

Jerry walked down this path a little ways.. and noticed the blood was now leading off of this brick path..

Jerry knew it was not a good idea to go down this path alone, especially since it was night time, so he continued going down the brick path which led to a shopping center.

View Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise