News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Fire emblem:(working title)

Started by Luigisuperstar, 09, September, 2010, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 11, September, 2010, 05:48:31 PM
What kind of characters are you looking for? Originals or new ones?

'Cause you know I would kinda like to make Marth not suck. lol
I allow both, as long it's not to ridiculous.

about the pikachu, someone already did that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=pN3QgdQts84&annotation_id=annotation_555861
Dood.

Salanewt

I remember a second video, where Link was talking to Pikachu. Ooh, Squirtle would be neat though.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 10, September, 2010, 12:44:15 AM
Well, yeah, but I figured I should at least ask before moving it, especially if it turned out that I was somehow wrong.
Role for GM 2011!

Salanewt

So we are having elections now?

Anyway, to stay on topic... Are we allowed to use new classes? Oh yeah, are you hacking FE7 or FE8?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

It'd be interesting if we had classes based on the GS games...  The different emblem (or whatever the class change item was called) could be used for different classes...

I'd say have three emblems for each character:  One for Base, one for Hybrid, one for Tri-Hybrid.  So, for Squire, one for Slayer, one for Ronin, and one for Chaos Lord.

Alternatively, you could change it up.  Squire gets Slayer and Master, while Guard gets Hero and Ronin (both can go to Chaos Lord).

What do y'all think?

Charon

Oh, nice. Now only if we could have class changing items to replace for djinn (so we could get the intermediate classes). Of  course we could choose the class upgrade options for that. There's probably a way to add more hehehe. Perhaps we could even throw in a few psynergies and legendary Golden Sun items while we're at it? The two games are rather different and fusing them together would be a difficult task but it probably could be done in more creative ways than one.

Also, if we're doing a story, it should NOT be based off of GS, GS:TLA or whatever GS:DD has in store for us. Come on, we gotta build on that! lol

Rolina

Ah, but in FE there's only two, three classes a character will to through, tops.  And that determines their equips and stat growths - and resets their level to level 1.

That's why I said to limit it.  Base class, and three top tier classes.  That's it.  Any more and they're too powerful.

More in depth:  I may have limited XP with this game, but...  My understanding says:

Tier 0 (trainee) Classes:

Max level is 10.

Tier 1 (basic) Classes:  Not sure about how to advance from trainee

Max level is 20.

Tier 2 (advanced) Classes:  Use emblem @ Level 20 Basic Class

Max level is 20.

Rarely, if ever, does a character start at trainee.  Usually it's at a basic class.  As such, I think we should focus mainly base class and above.

Salanewt

Hm... Oh, what about weapons? Considering that we have the weapon triangles in both games, most weapons would have to fit into one of the eight weapon types, right? By the way, do you know what the Dragonstone fits with?

Have a nice day.

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Salanewt on 18, September, 2010, 08:14:25 AM
So we are having elections now?

Anyway, to stay on topic... Are we allowed to use new classes? Oh yeah, are you hacking FE7 or FE8?

Have a nice day.
You are allowed to use new classes and I'm hacking 7.

about dragonstone it's a special weapon so it doesn't count as any of the triangles if your character uses it go ahead.

Dood.

Charon

Quote from: Role on 18, September, 2010, 11:11:15 AM
Ah, but in FE there's only two, three classes a character will to through, tops.  And that determines their equips and stat growths - and resets their level to level 1.

That's why I said to limit it.  Base class, and three top tier classes.  That's it.  Any more and they're too powerful.
yush I know that... but...

When a game loads a script like that, it could be possible to edit that script so that it checks whether a certain item is being held. Once we do that, we could easily then configure the script to only show that class when that item is held, in place for the other (neutral) class. It's a bit more hacking but it is more unique. Depending on whether it's raw ASM or an actual script would indicate its difficulty, however. Of course comes the problem later in balancing all the classes though... (I'm no programmer but I know how to think like one. lol).

But we don't need to add more class-volutions (lol) to accommodate mixed element classes... here's another idea:

More spread out bases perhaps? Usually a class table (or any table) has dummy classes and we could use those, where they'd have similar attributes (item usage for example) but with slightly different things tweaked here and there - so, say we have a unit of the Guard class, we could have a character of the similar Page class but with slightly different abilities. I don't hack FE but each unit probably has a set class when you first get him or her, indicated in their data under the table. We couldn't do every single class (because we should at least have one repeat for some classes) but we'd still have more variety than a typical FE. It would also put more pressure on which class-volution to select, because of the more limited amount of characters with a particular class. (We might be able to add more units though by changing the scenario and using any dummy slots that the unit table may have - I'm pretty darn sure that recruitment is script based and, while requiring hex editing to add, wouldn't be too difficult)

Can we add another element to the weap. triangle? To, you know, make an Venus/Mercury/Mars/Jupiter square? Or is that impossible?...

Also, what the heck are we going to do with special units and archers?... lol

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 18, September, 2010, 02:45:41 PM
Can we add another element to the weap. triangle? To, you know, make an Venus/Mercury/Mars/Jupiter square? Or is that impossible?...
is it possible? yes. do I know how? nope.
Dood.

Rolina

Swords, Axes, and the new class, Spears.  There's three.
Daggers exist outside of the weapon triangle, iirc, so there's four (light blades).
Staffs, Ankhs, and Scythes can work for the Anima, Light, and Dark triangle.  There's three.
Maces could be used for the healing weapon.

BAM.  There you go, weapons done.

Archers can work as a ninth weapon type which was uncodable in GS.

Edit: Guys, this is pathetic.  I hardly know ANYTHING about FE and BAM, here we go, I've figured out weapons AND classes.

Also, GBG?  We can't do every class.  That's why we should stick with the top tier classes - Base class, Tri-Hybrid, Hybrid, and Tri-Element.  Since in FE, iirc, some classes share an upgrade or two, that's why I think they should share the Hybrid class, and have their Base and either the Tri-Hybrid or Tri-Elemental as a unique.  Since Isaac is faster than Garet, that's why I suggested Isaac be a Master, and Garet a Ronin.

For stat growths... well, just base it on the stat multipliers.

leaf

I was ignoring this thread due to the incredibly stupid title it originally had, but when I saw role was posting in it, I figured something might actually be happening here.

Anyway, FE already had the sword/axe/lance triangle, so I think spears should just be a subset of lances (ie. functionally identical).

Staves have always been the healer's weapon in FE games, so it's kinda weird moving maces there. Maces are sort of the really misplaced weapon-type.

It'd be easier to figure out what to do with the elements, first, before making a second weapon triangle. Remember that the reason the anima/light/dark triangle exists is because those use resistance instead of defense. It would be kinda strange to have two atk+def based triangles. In radiant dawn, there was a triangle of fire, wind, and lightning within anima, but there were never two completely separate triangles using the same stats.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

QuoteSwords, Axes, and the new class, Spears.  There's three.
Daggers exist outside of the weapon triangle, iirc, so there's four (light blades).
Staffs, Ankhs, and Scythes can work for the Anima, Light, and Dark triangle.  There's three.

BAM.  There you go, weapons done.

Edit: Guys, this is pathetic.  I hardly know ANYTHING about FE and BAM, here we go, I've figured out weapons AND classes.

Currently, we have...
Sword - Axe - Lance/Spear (Spears are Lances in Fire Emblem), Bow (not in a triangle)
Anima - Light - Dark, Staff (Ankhs could probably be considered the same as Staves, like Spears to Lances, healing, not in triangle)

In the end, it would make a little bit more sense to keep what we have and just see if we can help Luigi figure out how to have weapon diamonds instead of triangles. I am not fully sure if it is possible to add a new weapon, as that could be somewhat similar to adding a new element in Golden Sun (since unlike Golden Sun, the weapon classes are already hard coded categories (from what I have been told)).

As for Anima, I think there are at least Fire/Ice/Lightning to work with in 7. Excalibur might be in it too, but I do not remember.

Have a nice day.

Griever

Excalibur is there in FE7.
And don't forget that spears were ranged weapons in FE.
Also i have a list of the Anima, Light and Dark books if you need it.

Kain

If you guys would like a list of any weapons or items that have been in any of the recent Fire Emblem games, I'd be more than happy to get them.  However, I have not played the sequel to Rekka no Ken, (Or as it was plainly called when it was imported to America, Fire Emblem on GBA.) so I only know what was used during the Lyn/Eliwood/Hector stories and not Roys.

Excalibur, for those who haven't played the games, was used as a legendary wind spell.  However, in the DS version Shadow Dragon, one of the mage characters you get early on has the tome and it's about a D rank spell compared to it's legendary form which was an S rank.

The lance class did indeed go long range with the Javelin, Short Spear, Spear and in recent titles, Flame Lance.  Sword has ranged weapons as well, (Rune Blade and Wind Sword) but the latter is not normally obtainable.  Axes have Hand Axe, Tomahawk and the Journeymens beginner weapon, Hatchet.

Also, do not forget about the 3rd tier.  Super trainees.  Super trainees look exactly the same as normal trainees (Recruit, Journeyman or Pupil), but are much stronger, as they are promoted classes. The Super Recruit, Super Journeyman, and Super Pupil are exclusive to Amelia, Ross, and Ewan respectively.

The "Super" Journeyman and "Super" Recruit have an innate 15% critical boost, similar to the Swordmaster or Berserker classes. The "Super" Pupil can wield Anima, Light and Dark magic.

They are promoted from second-stage Trainees, which fans usually include a "2" after their class name, eg. Recruit (2), to distinguish them from regular trainess. These can only be obtained after beating both of Eirika and Ephraim's stories and appear as a third promotion choice for the regular trainees.

The only major drawback of Super trainee classes are that they do not gain any Constitution bonuses when they are promoted. However, much of Constitution drawbacks are usually compensated when the said characters are promoted into the super trainee class with unique special bonuses (such as Ewan gaining the flexibility when it comes to the Trinity of Magic and Amelia having much higher Speed caps with an additional critical boost).

Hmm...wonder if I'm forgetting anything...
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Charon

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 20, September, 2010, 11:35:39 AM
Excalibur, for those who haven't played the games, was used as a legendary wind spell.  However, in the DS version Shadow Dragon, one of the mage characters you get early on has the tome and it's about a D rank spell compared to it's legendary form which was an S rank.
SD's so different from most FEs that it shouldn't even count. lol

Interesting. I've never had a chance to play the GBA fe's but it seems like we could work around with these. (although I still don't see why so many people seem to object to adding more bases lol)

thenightsshadow

While working with Fire Emblem, I never really liked the Constitution stat.  It was there to serve as a reminder of which units were good and which weren't.  (Amelia as a General is probably the only exception)

Are you going to leave it as is or do you have something in mind for it?
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

QuoteInteresting. I've never had a chance to play the GBA fe's but it seems like we could work around with these. (although I still don't see why so many people seem to object to adding more bases lol)

Bases as in the weapon types, or as in base stats? Adding new weapon types would be cool, but I would imagine it to be like adding new elements to Golden Sun.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Quote from: Salanewt on 19, September, 2010, 11:26:46 PM
QuoteSwords, Axes, and the new class, Spears.  There's three.
Staffs, Ankhs, and Scythes can work for the Anima, Light, and Dark triangle.  There's three.

BAM.  There you go, weapons done.

Currently, we have...
Sword - Axe - Lance/Spear (Spears are Lances in Fire Emblem), Bow (not in a triangle)
Anima - Light - Dark, Staff (Ankhs could probably be considered the same as Staves, like Spears to Lances, healing, not in triangle)

In the end, it would make a little bit more sense to keep what we have and just see if we can help Luigi figure out how to have weapon diamonds instead of triangles. I am not fully sure if it is possible to add a new weapon, as that could be somewhat similar to adding a new element in Golden Sun (since unlike Golden Sun, the weapon classes are already hard coded categories (from what I have been told)).

As for Anima, I think there are at least Fire/Ice/Lightning to work with in 7. Excalibur might be in it too, but I do not remember.

Have a nice day.

Ummm... I just said we could use Scythes to use Dark Magic, Staffs to use Anima Magic, and Ankhs to use Light Magic.  You don't attack with them, but there are no known spellbooks other than the Tomagathericon in GS, and that should arguably be an emblem...  That gets the three magic weapons out of the way.

If you REALLY want staffs to be healing, then have Maces be Anima magic.