News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Fire emblem:(working title)

Started by Luigisuperstar, 09, September, 2010, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Shouldn't this discussion be taken elsewhere? This is Luigi's hack, and all though he said he was open to ideas, this isn't the place to argue over what is and what is not the right way to create a GS themed FE hack.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

Yeah, Whizkid has a point. Besides, Luigi stated that this was a Fire Emblem hack that would use the forum members of GSHC as the playable characters. I was getting a bit confused at first about all of the golden sun talk, even if they are good ideas.

Also, Luigi? Is it possible to use multiple palette sets for one army (such as enemy/ally/PC)? I was just thinking about that because of my Yoshi idea, Salanewt being a red Yoshi. If not, then I could give him a blue robe or something to let him have a red head when on a map.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kain

For a map sprite...I've never heard of that.  I'd say keep it blue when moving on the map.  But when combat rolls around and the animation starts up, then it would be clearly seen he's a red Yoshi.

Look at Duessel.  He's blue on the movement map, but in combat he's wearing red, black and purple.  However, I have checked some sites out about the idea of having a red unit with the blue units, so far I'm not finding anything.  : /
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Or like Neimi, who I noticed seems to be pink and green. The red Yoshi thing works without a robe then, which is nice. So Luigi, when you sign on, could you please tell me how my character is? If I can not have a Yoshi, then I would not mind settling for a human character (but if that is done, I would remove the Manakete-like trait).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

It is in fact possible to give allied characters different palettes, as seen in the FE games. Although, when using FEditor all characters are given a generic blue colour scheme, so you have to hex them to have the right palette.

[spoiler=character]
Name: Squall
Class progression: Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gallade
Affinity: Wind
Lv: 1
HP: 15
Mag: 5
Skill: 7
Spd: 9
Luck: 6
Def: 1
Res: 3
Move: 5
Con: 4
Aid: 3

Weapon levels:

Light: E

Stat Growths:
HP: 45%
Mag: 45%
Skill: 45%
Spd: 40%
Luck: 35%
Def: 15%
Res: 30%

Class-up bonuses:

to Kirlia:
HP +2
Mag +3
Skill +2
Spd +2
Luck: +4
Def +0
Res +2
Con +1
Aid +1

Staves: E

To Gallade:

HP: +4
Mag: +3
Skill: +3
Spd: +3
Luck: +2
Def: +1
Res: +4
Con: +3
Aid: +3

Auto-obtains the following items on promotion:

Psycho Cut:
Bow Prf Rng 2 Wt 4
Mt 7 Hit 100 Crit 20
Acts as Light in the magic triangle.
Uses: --/-- (Note: This weapon does not give weapon experience.)

Thunderpunch:
Sword Prf Rng 1 Wt 4
Mt 9 Hit 100 Crit 5
Acts as Anima in the magic triangle.
Uses: --/-- (Note: This weapon does not give weapon experience.)

Starting Inventory:
Lightning (or whatever the equivalent Light spell is)
Thundershock: Anima: Prf Rng: 1-2 Wt: 3 Mt: 6 Hit: 95 Crit: 3 Uses: 45/45
Vulnerary

Personality: Fiercely protective of friends, almost to a fault. However, he's also slightly snarky and likes practical jokes.

[/spoiler]
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Kain

Oh nice.  Looks like Sala gets his red Yoshi icon on map.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Kool, Akira and Squall look cool guys. I have a question about Squall though. Would he be a training class as a Ralts, like Ross, Amelia, and Ewan were at their starting classes? Also, for Akira, what is the connection between him and Mark (looking at his death quote)? It would be interesting to see them both in the game.

As for the icon on the map, I am fine with any colour. If I recall correctly, in Sacred Stones, there may be a tiny bit of red in the PC palette (as seen on Eirika's breastplate). In fact, I am sure that there is a bit of yellow in there too. Otherwise, you have flesh tones, white/greys, and blue shades. As for FE7, I do not know if they use the exact same palette or not.

Have a nice day.

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Salanewt on 21, September, 2010, 08:20:58 PM
My character is done! I think I will be a red Yoshi this time (as this is self-insertion, right?).

QuoteCharacter's Name: Salanewt
Forum Member: Salanewt
Character's Class: Yoshi (promotes to DracoYoshi)
Character's affinity: Anima

[spoiler=Stats]
LV. 3
HP. 14
MAG: 16
STK: 5
AGG: 18
GRD: 7
RES: 12
LUCK: 4

Growths: HP 45% Mag 65% Stk 20% Agg 70% Luck 35% GRD 20% Res 55%
[/spoiler]

Weapon Levels: Anima (E), can use Light after class-up.

Starting Inventory:

Eggstone (only usable when DracoYoshi, has Manakete effect (transformation during battle)). Perhaps not supereffective against anything, just a bit weaker than the Dragonstone. Maybe 10/10 uses left (a strong optional boss might be able to drop more, as long as you accept this character idea).
Vulnerary (3/3)

Background/personality/synopsis: One day, this young Yoshi was walking throughout Yoshi's Island, when a bright portal opened up. He was about to inform the others of the portal, when a Fire Bro started attacking him. With his injuries, he ran through the portal to escape the fireballs. The Yoshi was about to enter the porta for a second time, however, when it vanished right in front of his eyes. Bewildered, he started wandering before he found a small pendant. He noticed that with the pendant, he could recreate the portal and return to Yoshi's Island. However, he noticed some bandits looting a nearby village and decided to help. When the last bandit was defeated, the town's mayor rewarded him with the mysterious Eggstone, the only artifact that was not taken in earlier raids. The townspeople told him about the war, and that they were in danger of being slain by the corrupt royalty. He decided that he would take on the name of Salanewt and help fight the evil.

R-Button Info: A Yoshi from Yoshi's Island, he loves a tasty watermelon.
Death Quote: (I... I am sorry. I have to go back to my island now...)
(Explanation, which is not a part of the quote: The story is that he teleports instead of dies if he gets too weak)

Portrait: Red Yoshi, wearing a pendant with a small egg symbol on it.

So, how do I sound? Lol, if I can not insert myself as a character, then I can easily change the name. Am I missing anything?

Have a nice day.
it's made pretty good.

For Akira, his portrait is pretty good, but I can't have him max out at C, or at least I think I can't. don't worry I'll create the status for him.

about Squall, I'm going to need a sprite sheet for him. and I can't have him automatic get those 2 weapons. but I can make it locked to him.

so far all 3 are accepted, Squall needs a portrait and sprite sheet(at least sprite sheet)
Salanewt needs a sprite sheet for his promote. or at least the wings.

about the map sprites, don't worry about those, those are my last priority. don't worry about it yet.

Dood.

Aile~♥

Problem with a sprite sheet/[portraits: I can't sprite for c***. The Ralts sprite from the Pokemon games could work, but then you'd have to animate it, and I doubt the Kirlia or Gallade sprites would work particularly. For the map sprites, you could attempt to find the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Ralts, Kirlia, and Gallade sprites, and use those. Or you could use the sprites it shows in the menu in the Pokemon games, which are (I believe) available from Bulbapedia.

@Kain: I meant the in-battle palette. I don't know that it's actually possible to change the colour of the map sprite, but that doesn't matter because it doesn't make sense to do so, as changing the map colour would make it difficult to have enemy Yoshis.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

When I find the time, I can make a Fire Emblem based spritesheet for Yoshi, including base class and promotion (but I still have some sprites that have higher priority, such as Maxi's sprites). This could probably include the overworld sprites as well, as I believe that those only use three frames?

Have a nice day.