News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Happy 2nd Anniversary Golden Sun: TLA Editor!

Started by Atrius, 10, October, 2010, 07:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atrius (He/Him)

Happy 2nd Anniversary Golden Sun: TLA Editor

Two years ago today the first version of the Golden Sun: TLA Editor was sent out into the world, here's a video to celebrate the anniversary and show what's in store for the future.

If it weren't for the fact that my video editor didn't decide to actually work until the day before I may have been able to do something that didn't completely suck. Of course I also blame my video capturing software, after all it doesn't even show that the cursor actually does change when you hover the mouse over a text field.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Wow, nice work Atrius! I like how Garet became something better more resemblant of his personality. Is there anything that has to be added to it?

Happy anniversary!

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Cool, nice work. Happy anniversary.

And we should probably say "Thank You for this Editor" .

Salanewt

Oh yeah, you have a good point.

Thanks for the editor Atrius! Without you, there would be no GSHC!

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Major cool. Doom Dragon as Garet and switching battle sprites on general is amazing. My favourite bit was the ease of dragging the Npc changing to Alex and changing the text. AMAZING!!!

Thanks Atrius for your continued efforts

Atrius (He/Him)

Thank you guys for the continued support.  It's the feedback that I get from you that makes working on the editor an enjoyable experience, without your positive comments it would truly feel like a chore.

Salanewt, feature wise, not really, there are a few things I still want to add to the NPC editing interface (changing the direction they face being one) but overall there's not a whole lot left to finish.  I'm just patching up whats already there, and polishing things to a glossy shine.

MaxiPower, I'm glad I was able to get battle sprite changing in there even though overworld sprites seem to be too hard coded for swapping in the same manner.  User friendliness is a major part of the design of the editor, I think that's even the second line of text in the original guide text file I wrote for it (speaking of which, I really need to update that with the new features... :Sweat:)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

You are most welcome. Besides, even one's most favourite things can become their chores if they do not find enough positive influence to continue them.

Sounds good. Please just take your time on adding the final details, okay?

Have a nice day.

Hoopa

:!: It's the anniversary today!? Phew, almost missed it. Anyway, Happy Anniversary! Great job Atrius! From the looks of it, the next release is going to be awesome!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Kain

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Menaus

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Charon

Cheers! The project has made a lot of progress since the initial release. You should be proud, Atrius!

Zach

Cool video Atrius (too bad I won't have time to use the editor <.<)

Aile~♥

So, you got battle sprite swapping. Nice!

Did you get battle sprite palette swapping?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

No, there is no such data stored in the ROM for party members, it would require a patch.

Aile~♥

[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

Unfortunately due to a work related trip the release of v0.3 will have to be at the very end of the month.  I'm not going to have internet access for a while.

Salanewt

As long as you release it, we do not really care how late it is. Please, just try to have fun.

Have a nice day.

Charon

Roareye

You simply left me speechless. I do not want to repeat myself (referring to the youtube comment now), so I'll just say that there is no doubt about who Camelot should hire for making Golden Sun more flexible.

@Down: Yeah, I do know what ROM stands for. Strangely enough, I believe I saw a game hack [possibly of Advance Wars, but I'm not sure], where such things were possible.
I may be a bit rusty now... but lightning still flows through my veins.

The moon of Jupiter.