News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

The XP bar isn't really even XP, though.  It's just used to charge up for enchantments, really.  You may wanna look into getting something that's more akin to XP then if you're considering what I think you're considering.

Salanewt

Actually, the current plan is to make a Fire Rod item. It will take a small amount of "XP" from the XP Bar each time you use it, and it will last as long as a Bow before breaking. I'm not sure if it will deduct from your "level" value, since I had an idea for that as well. If it works out nicely, then I might try my hand at a few additional items too.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I kinda don't like that idea.  The Minecraft Magic mod does something like that already, and does it better (using an MP system).  I suggest looking at that for inspiration, and instead of using XP as a fuel source, use it to recharge the magic rods when they start running out of power.

Salanewt

Wait, one of those exists? Oh lol, then I won't bother. I was only considering it because I couldn't find anything like it.

And in other news... Any bets on when the modding API is going to come out?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

ThanatosTheDark

i dont know if this has been suggested yet but considering that we are a golden sun community, why dont we create a golden sun mod?

it would work with the experience bar on the bottom of the screen.

the elemental classes would work like factions and link with the site (if youre in the venus clan, then you would be an adept of the earth.)

we could have the psynergies and try for djinni.

of course this would be better for a server....
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Awec

Quote from: Kingzane on 06, April, 2012, 12:18:54 AM
i dont know if this has been suggested yet
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1467.0
I'm confused, you replied to this topic and yet somehow don't know about it?

At any rate, I don't know anything about modding Minecraft but I'd certainly be interested in a GS mod, especially a server-side one.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

zman9000

I've created a 1-1 scale remake of that island you get to with that turtle, in golden sun 2. (well its about half done, but whatever.)
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

nhoward

I liked Minecraft and it was something that I played a lot of with my PS3 though I have decided to go mobile recently with my iPad though things are not as nice when compared to playing it on a bigger screen.  The lack of a dedicated controller makes it tougher as well.

But when you don't have any other option, I guess this one would always suffice.  Still a great game!

Shinigami

Personally, I think using experience for enchanting was already a terrible idea...
Also:
Someone made a pretty awesome mod V
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/838839-125-thaumcraft-216d-updated-on-2262012/
So nanoka~

zman9000

I'm currently working on a 1:1 scale mercury light house.
its not to game scale, its to the scale it would be including the insides.

so after 10 hours straight i only have the entrance and 1/20 of the wall done... its freaking huge...
I should be able to upload a picture of it in a few days... a incomplete version but that's better then nothing.
I will speed things up with MC edit, but that can only help so much.

to give you scale.
great pyramid width: 756.08 feet/230.453184 meters (height: 480.69 feet/146.514312 meters)
mercury lighthouse width: 500 meters/1640.42 feet (height: greater then 1500 meters/4921.26 feet)

its so big that at some point i have to build in in different parts next to each other....
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

ThanatosTheDark

What version of minecraft are you using? If you open it to a server, I'll help.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Robert Joe

I may be a bit late saying this, but you are welcome to use my server:

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Shellcore_Command/topic/9631183/1/

It technically is for that other forum, but they almost never use it, and it already has Golden Sun themes. If you want to join, just tell me your in-game name and I will white-list you.

Crystal Sonata

Nah Robert, I actually just got a server going for the community. Though I wonder if anyone has even noticed.....It's in the same forum section as this thread....
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Robert Joe

That makes two of us with an almost unused server. Although, to be fair, your server is more powerful than mine, and it does not have me as an admin. The latter is a very good thing, as studies show that I am easily the worst Minecraft admin in existence.

Kain

I had a server going back in the day but my internet sucks.  Throw in the lack of people even playing the game anymore and yeah.  I DID punch 11 ender dragons to death once...I got stuck in The End and had to fight my way out with nothing because I fell into the void.  Wasn't fun.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Crystal Sonata

I still need to get around to buying the actual game. All I've done so far is build a huge mansion (Which I later lost the data for) in Classic, and various other classic projects with my friend Izzy. Who should actually be a member on these forums but he disappeared shortly after I got him to join. He turned 18 today, I'll have to scold him a bit for vanishing when I see him later today.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

Robert Joe

I used to play Classic quite a bit as well. Unfortunately, I was never capable of really building anything too impressive, and I therefore never saved anything.

If you do ever purchase the game, I would highly recommend trying out the Tekkit (For multi-player) or Technic (For single-player) modpacks. They add a huge amount of content to the game, so much so that I am pretty much unable to play it without them.

Crystal Sonata

I discovered earlier that the server I just brought back up with minecraft classic has apparently had quite a bit of work done on it within a matter of days.

The entire main is now one big pyramid dome with various stuff built inside of it. I'm going to assume that was the work of somebody looking for a minecraft server to build on through the public listing. It's public unless the members here vote to make it a GSHC member only server, where you require the link. I'm leaving any decisions concerning minecraft servers running on my hardware up to the community here since I put it up for you guys.

Kain

Here's my most recent project.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Right now I'm actually doing some recoloring on some sprites for Final Fantasy so once that's done I'll begin construction on it.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Robert Joe

That is much better than my pathetic attempt at pixel art:

[spoiler][/spoiler]