News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinigami

Quote from: Role on 09, August, 2011, 06:36:49 PM
* Role sees high res snapshot.

I hate you.

I would like to inquire as to why that is... Made the picture load slowly maybe? I could resize it if it is annoying...

XD
So nanoka~

Rolina

No, it's just that my compy can't handle high res textures.  I'm going all Paru-paru here. >_>

Shinigami

You realise that you need this to run hi-resolution textures right?

Filtering gravel must be the most boring process in all of minecraft...
*places blocks... destroys blocks...*
So nanoka~

Rolina

Yes.  I know.  I use it.

My compy can't handle the higher end stuff, though.  Lag nightmare like you wouldn't believe.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteMy compy can't handle the higher end stuff, though.  Lag nightmare like you wouldn't believe.
Mine can't even run the game.

Salanewt

Surprisingly, my laptop can handle Minecraft quite well at first; and single player mode is even smoother most of the time. I just have the occasional problem with multiplayer, but even that takes a while. I hope they do more to fix the lag... Some day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I would just like to get this out there - Griefing is wrong.  Theft is wrong.  If you work with someone on something, it doesn't make it yours and yours alone, and if you have a falling out with them, you cannot destroy it to get back at them, nor can you steal everything the two of you stored together.  If you decide you're going to be mad at the person, perhaps it's better to change servers, rather than destroy all their work while you go and start over elsewhere.

Since, you know, griefing and stealing is a dick move.  For all the rest of you, if you have a falling out with someone, don't pull stuff like that, or you'll find yourself not being able to ever touch that server again.

Salanewt

Isn't that kind of like general knowledge amongst Minecraft players? Either way, thanks for that bit of advice.

Quick question: I have a plugin that allows me to turn into various mobs, should I play around with this to scare my friends? Maybe turn into a chicken and throw fireballs at monsters?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Yes, it is.  And it just happened to me, which is why I'm telling the rest of you.  While I wait for the server admin to repair everything with the anti-griefing tools, I've gotta settle with being offline.  I don't even know if I'll get anything I had in storage back - and that is a lot of stuff gone.  I logged on to find the storage area to be a crater, all the hard work I'd done in ruins AND covered by several mountains of lava.  Even the other storage I had was ransacked, all the lightstone I put up taken and the storage gone.

I can understand being upset, but destroying someone's hard work is uncalled for.  There's better ways to handle it - just make sure y'all don't let y'alls anger get to y'alls head if a friend gets you mad.

It was a joint project, but after our falling out, I was just going to take the stuff I had stored there and leave, letting them keep the project and just going elsewhere.  To see all the work destroyed and the land rendered unusable, though... and all the stuff I had in storage stolen, and my dogs killed... that was uncalled for.

Salanewt

Oh well, I suppose things will settle in the fairest way possible soon.

Quick question; would a Hookshot item be fine for a Sky Temple? I am trying to build a dungeon for my friends to try to do, and I want them to have to use a special item to solve some of the puzzles. I am also considering a boomerang and an umbrella that negates fall damage. Two items could work though...

Rolina

Sounds reasonable, except for the Umbrella.  I suggest looking at the Aether - they have a parachute thing that functions similarly to what you have in mind.

Salanewt

The umbrella can also blow enemies away if you right-click, which is why I am voting for it over the parachute. Still, a parachute would probably be nice to use as an upgrade to the umbrella; perhaps it can negate fall damage completely, whereas the umbrella only halves it?

I also have a cool idea for another dungeon; the Arcane Grotto. I found a modded item that has the pulling/pushing capabilities of a sticky piston, but is a handheld item like a sword. I think they called it the Power Staff?

Rolina

An umbrella would break though.  You're talking about that leaf from wind waker, aren't you?

leaf

It does sound like that, doesn't it? Although technically an umbrella could work.

> Point closed umbrella at enemy
> Open umbrella
> Greatly oversized gust of wind appears and strikes in that general direction
> Close umbrella and repeat
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Kind of like that, but in the form of an umbrella. The leaf might be a better choice though, as that can be something to put in my Forest Temple. I might rename it to the Forest Shrine or something.

Ooh, what I could do is have the Umbrella break after a certain amount of time, but the leaf is better:
> Lasts forever
> Blows enemies further
> Completely negates fall damage

Other than that, it would be the same as the umbrella. I am going to look into item modding to see if I can learn how to code items, since I have some ideas for magic gear.

Rolina

I just assumed from the hookshot and from this that you were trying to make some kind of zelda mod.  Which... you know...

Would be freaking awesome...

Salanewt

They already have a Zelda mod though; or so I think. If I recall correctly, it was called AdventureCraft or something. I think it comes with cutscenes and everything too, which is nice.

Rolina

That doesn't stop you from making your own custom variation, though.  It'd be awesome to have a homebrew zelda mod.  Hell, why stop at just zelda?  We could pull some stuff from Darksiders while we're at it.

Salanewt

Well, I might look into Java so I can make blocks and items in the future; heck, maybe even mobs. I am a fairly busy guy though, so this might wait for a while first. In the mean time, we could think of new items and blocks and what their purpose is if we want.

Quicksand: Cobweb effect when swimming up, but you fall through it as if it were water. This includes suffocation damage with no air bar. Other than this property, it acts like other liquids.

Rolina

Heh, I just thought of something fun...

If you ever do this, have it so the "light world" has the overall feel of zelda to it, while the "dark world" is more like darksiders.  It'd make for an interesting mod, for sure.

I also recommend AGAINST using the nether for the 'dark world'.  It'd probably need to be a 1:1 thing.