News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menaus

What the fu- You guys haven't pla-... Whats wrong with you? Play it, now, love it, now. Or... I KILL YOU! xD

Really, though, Minecraft is one of the funnest games I have played. http://www.minecraft.net/
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Griever

You know, not all of us like these type of game.

I for one, only play RPGs (Console-style RPG mostly).

And i would watch the language (both language and grammar) if i were you .......

And i have no idea why I'm replying LOL

Kain

Who ever said we haven't played it?  Maybe we have better things to talk about.  After all, with the new editor and the next game coming out, people are pretty pre-occupied doing other things.  Besides, it's not like everyone here can/wants to play it, let alone pay for it.

Also, yes, watch your mouth pal.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

MaxiPower

ive been playing minecraft all day, aint that great a game, once you dig and dig and then do more digging, then make a house, a castle etc novelty wears of.

days dont last long enough well gameplay yes its addictive but well its just tooo plain...

i wanna know tho, how big is each person world, like i see another island, i know its random generated with each persons world but how big is it?

Menaus

I believe the size of the world in Minecraft is 3 times the size of the earth
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

ChrisButton

I played that for a few days then got bored.
I heard it was only good if you bought the full version.

Norngremlin

Yeah, It's only good if you buy it.

Also, dood, it's actually 8 times. Meaning Hell is the size of earth...

Hang on...

Rolina

Quote from: Norngremlin on 23, January, 2011, 02:51:37 AM
Yeah, It's only good if you buy it.

Also, dood, it's actually 8 times. Meaning Hell is the size of earth...

Hang on...

By Kraden's Beard!  I never thought of that!  That's a pretty scary thought. XD

Salanewt

I just got the beta version today, because a good friend of mine that I used to go to school with suggested it. For the most part, it seems fun. I wouldn't mind asking for suggestions though...

1: Where should I build my first house on my first world? So far, I only see islands dotting the water, as well as a larger island(?) that is covered in forest. Most of the islands are pretty bumpy, but they almost all have trees. If not forest islands, then I have desert ones with cacti. Other than that, there has been a single gravel island so far.

2: I am unable to play the game for very long without it stopping on me. You know when you have a program that stops responding after a certain amount of time, or after a glitch? After 5-10 minutes, the Minecraft client stops working.

3: Feathers and leather; how should I use them? I currently play on Peaceful mode, but I only plan on doing so until I solve step 2.

4: Any good mods? Many of them seem really cool, but are there any that can be recommended to me?

5: Also, is it possible to change my character's model? I think I have to find a mod of some type, but is there a value that I can switch or something? For example, to make myself a creeper, or a cow, or even a model that another mod might create.

Other than #2, it is a pretty fun game so far. I have to agree with Maxi that it is really plain, but with a few mods...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

actualy your Mine craft level is endless in size. the farther you move from the span point the bigger your save file gets meaning that the farther you travle the bigger the world gets.

Also cactus are awsome!
MINE_craft_cactus_and_my_world

EDIT: a chicken just killed me by pushing me into the cactuses......... while typing this.

Edit2: picture is not comming up.....
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

Quote from: Salanewt on 28, January, 2011, 11:03:53 PM

1: Where should I build my first house on my first world? So far, I only see islands dotting the water, as well as a larger island(?) that is covered in forest. Most of the islands are pretty bumpy, but they almost all have trees. If not forest islands, then I have desert ones with cacti. Other than that, there has been a single gravel island so far.

2: I am unable to play the game for very long without it stopping on me. You know when you have a program that stops responding after a certain amount of time, or after a glitch? After 5-10 minutes, the Minecraft client stops working.

3: Feathers and leather; how should I use them? I currently play on Peaceful mode, but I only plan on doing so until I solve step 2.

4: Any good mods? Many of them seem really cool, but are there any that can be recommended to me?

5: Also, is it possible to change my character's model? I think I have to find a mod of some type, but is there a value that I can switch or something? For example, to make myself a creeper, or a cow, or even a model that another mod might create.

1.  Wherever you want, but I would suggest close to your spawn point so you don't lose your base when you die unless you know exactly how to get back to it by...like...landmarks or waypoints that you can leave to follow.

2.  Try re-downloading minecraft again.

3.  Feathers can be used to make arrows.  Go here for a full list of all the crafting items and how to craft them.  http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

4.  http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Client_mods  Check this link for a list of mods for the game.  I personally recommend Zan's mini map mod.  Any of the links that are green (on the left side.) are the ones that are currently up to date.  Otherwise I would also suggest Mo's Creature Mod.

zman9000

my base and world:

cactus farm:

anamial trap:

Thats my world
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Ah, not bad.  Have you ever done multiplayer?

Salanewt

Kain: Great, thanks. I will try redownloading it tomorrow though, as I finally got charleysdrpepper's code to work.

zman: Awesome, nice level. I should have mine ready later, but it seems to be a tropical island paradise right now. Actually, I might keep it that way, and see if I can find or make a mod for Yoshis.

Multiplayer, could one of you please tell me what that is like? I kind of want to try it out with my friend later, but...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

QuoteAh, not bad.  Have you ever done multiplayer?

no i just started like three days ago and i am using the hacked version because it lets you save your inline game on your computer and vice verca.
also my hacked version is the wrong one to go on line so i need to find the current one.

i like the hacked one because it has a map, different stats for finding certen blocks. (and no it just makes coal and iron harder to find and the... red rock easyer to find.)
also there is a special mode called super insain mode there the zombies have insain stats and they stay durring the day and night... it sucks lol.
there is a bunch of other stuff that makes it different from the real game.

also its free but to go online with it you need to buy the real thing.

over all i like the hacked one more then the real one.

Kain

Quote from: zman9000 on 28, January, 2011, 11:33:35 PM
my base and world:

cactus farm:

anamial trap:

Thats my world

But in seriousness, nice little world you've got there.

Rolina

Quote from: zman9000 on 28, January, 2011, 11:47:49 PM
QuoteAh, not bad.  Have you ever done multiplayer?

no i just started like three days ago and i am using the hacked version because it lets you save your inline game on your computer and vice verca.
also my hacked version is the wrong one to go on line so i need to find the current one.

i like the hacked one because it has a map, different stats for finding certen blocks. (and no it just makes coal and iron harder to find and the... red rock easyer to find.)
also there is a special mode called super insain mode there the zombies have insain stats and they stay durring the day and night... it sucks lol.
there is a bunch of other stuff that makes it different from the real game.

also its free but to go online with it you need to buy the real thing.

over all i like the hacked one more then the real one.

My real one has a map.
My real one has a texture pack.
My real one lets me get online.
My real one is legit and won't get me thrown in prison for piracy.
My real one can let me use all sorts of mods on it.
My real one is obviously superior to some pirated piece of crap.

@ Sala:  Once you go Multiplayer, you don't go back.  It's so much more fun.

Hoopa

Huh. Looks fun, but I'm kinda broke and without a job, like most teenagers are... I guess I'll make do with watching people's creations.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

zman9000

actule my hacked version is legal because you need the real one to run it...
but just so you know there is a hacked version that lest you play on line with out paying BUT I DON'T HAVE THAT ONE!!!!!!

also when i go online i keep what i already did but i lose the hack extras so its legit!
If only i could find were to get a current copy of the one i have. ... all i can find is the elegal one but IT's ElEGAL!

Rolina

Did you buy the game, or did you steal it and use a crack to make it work?