News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

no actually its just a file and it lets you play the full version on your computer without buying it but it can't go online. for online play you need the real version and you can't use the hacked file, so you have to start over if online.

But i feel like i pointed this out already above Role.........

well what ever. I can't find the file on line so my brothers friend is getting it for me as he already has the new one...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Salanewt

Multiplayer was okay, but I found it boring after I made my tower. What I want to try to do is set up a server for a few specific friends, but to try to find a way to have it as a download client that I give to them instead of posting my server online. It would require an Internet connection, but... well, anything that allows me to play with some friends, but is free at the same time.

Also, I found a really good mod. Crystal Clear Water (or something like that). It removes the opacity of water when you are under the surface, so you can see further away. It also makes water seem slightly more realistic, as I no longer have to pretend that a ruined factory polluted the world's water. Mo' Creatures is awesome as well, as it has allowed me to have Epona (and with that, I have a Link skin).

zman: Oh, so you are playing Classic?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

yea but for some reason the version tried to down load updates from the official site and got jammed. i tried reloading the program but each time it happened again. then i read in the instructions that you have to down load a new version each time the official site updates.
since it uses the same program as the real version it just works weird.

I suppose that if you hacked this hacked version you could get online play for free, but thats illegal ( and i wouldn't know how to go about doing it in the first place.)

and now i know Role will be like:
Well if your in college for programming how do you not know how to hack things.

Well thats simple! because I don't!

... yeah.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Playing any version of minecraft with mod support without paying for it is illegal, zman.  That's what I'm saying - that minimap shouldn't work with the trial version.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hmm...  I'd forgotten I bought a copy of this way back.  I might take a look at the server software at some point to see if I can set something up.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

I have a server up and running but I've only played on it twice.  Once with Role when I first made it (Dynamite.  Dynamite everywhere.) and another time when I was showing leaf the game.  I recommend you have a powerful machine or something if you plan to run one.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

I have my computer, but I do not feel like trying it with my laptop. Either way, I have to get my computer repaired before I try a number of things that I want to do.

Hey Kain? Could you (or anyone else for that matter) tell me about servers? I have an idea for what I want to implement, but I need more information about how servers work first.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

If I did it would be a dedicated server, and up 24/7
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Ooh, that sounds cool. Would it be free, or would it cost you money to set it up?

Kain

It's completely free to download the software and make a server.  I'll try to answer any questions you have but when it comes to setup itself, don't ask.  I'm not even sure HOW mine started working.  One day, not working.  Rage quit for awhile, try it again a month later, out of nowhere it suddenly works.

Salanewt

I might not ask about setup, but I do have some questions. What can people do: for example, anything impossible for admins to do? How do worlds work? Can you limit the people who go on, or is it open/available to anyone who finds it? Can others upload worlds for others to play on? Do mods work, or is compatibility limited? I apologize for the questions, but I have an idea that requires knowledge on these subjects before actually saying the idea.

Kain

1.  Admins can do anything.  Materialize items, destroy and place bedrock, mess with other stuff.
2.  You get one world and it is randomly generated.
3.  I heard that there was a limit of 20 people but that could be wrong since I've seen servers that have more than that.
4.  Yes you can limit who goes on.  If you don't know the person, you can kick them, ban them, give them certain privileges, etc.  Only people who know the address of your server can get on and only you and the people who know can distribute it.
5.  Never tried uploading a new world.  Maybe.
6.  Player mods work but for the player only.  There are server side mods but there are few and some of them are a hassle and a half to work with.  You'll have to just check around for them.  I myself use the wiki since it has a list of available mods that show if they are up to date, however it doesn't seem to have all of them listed.

Shinigami

I'm guessing at least one person is still interested?
I only got it recently... after watching these (and some other) videos...

I thought: "This looks awesome! Also, the potential for Role Playing must be endless..."
So I bought it.
It rules atm, though I have yet to go online...

So nanoka~

zman9000

just so you know Shinigami, Shadow Of Israphel is season two... not the real start to the whole plot...

this here is season 1

Shinigami

I know... I watched the entire 1st one...
I just posted that one because it was the first one that came up on youtube...
So nanoka~

Rolina

Still interested? In what, that mod?  I'd never even heard of it.

Of course, if you meant Minecraft... well, I'm too busy building UMDs and impenetrable fortresses to post. :P

Shinigami

<---Was indeed referring to minecraft in general...

Also, if anyone is using the aether mod and the apparently popular "gerudoku" texture pack at the same time...

[spoiler=modified aether GUI]

Just to prevent the aether GUIs from looking out of place... (original textures found in aether>gui...)

I do not claim that I am the author of the original texture pack or have had any part in the creation of the aether mod bla bla bla...[/spoiler]
So nanoka~

Rolina

I use painterly, and apparently the person who makes it has an issue with the guys who make the Aethermod.  Something about them including an account blacklist to keep the mod from working for certain accounts.

Shinigami

[spoiler=Permanent "Ohhh, coal!" feeling spoiler...][/spoiler]
So nanoka~

Rolina

* Role sees high res snapshot.

I hate you.