News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

I see.  Well if you want to watch an anime we have quite a few watchers here who would be more than happy to recommend something for you, or if you want a specific genre, a lot of us can probably find something.

Back onto the topic of Minecraft, I'm unsure what to do for a project.  I thought about recreating something but what, I'm not sure.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Tan

We could make a box fort.

Okay, there's no material that would work for that.

Uh, we could work on upgrading the kraden shrine on reil's server and making it wtfhueg sometime, I guess. I'd been planning on extending it at some point anyway.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Salanewt

In some of my structures, I like to use blocks that are normally unobtainable. For example, in my 1.9.4 tower, I have End Portal blocks under a layer of glass. I am not sure if your server would do that, but it might be something to consider in single player.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Kain

I would like a second (and third, and fourth.) opinion on my Rune Factory pack I'm making Once I finally finish it..  As for projects...I say we find a way to make a web...build a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE pitfall and lace the entire thing with webs all the way down so people fall slowly.  What's on the bottom?  Who knows but the builders and the people who had the patience to fall all the way in!

A bridge is fine too.  =3
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Tan

Unfortunately there's no current way to actually get cobwebs without inventory hacks or creative mode abuse. Not sure if that'll change in 1.9, but at the moment it's impossible unless we ask reil to be an awesome person and throw us some.

Such misfortune...
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Amylolz

I thought they could be found in mine shafts in 1.8? I'm sure they are rare, but I thought I remembered finding some?

Tan

Quote from: Amylolz on 08, November, 2011, 12:00:05 AM
I thought they could be found in mine shafts in 1.8? I'm sure they are rare, but I thought I remembered finding some?
Sure, you can find them, but you can't acquire them.
"Video Games"
-Raocow

Rolina

My current project wound up bisecting a mineshaft.  Pretty annoying when I get attacked by the cavespiders when I'm trying to work.

zman9000

QuoteSure, you can find them, but you can't acquire them.

Yeah, but that's better then nothing... And besides... I've seen enough cobwebs in mines to fill a few stacks of inventory space... >_>

QuoteMy current project wound up bisecting a mineshaft.  Pretty annoying when I get attacked by the cavespiders when I'm trying to work.

Just be glad its a mine and not a ruin's... because then you would have to deal with silver fish... ugg
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

RTGreece21

Silver fish are so cute though! :heart:
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

Yeah, I actually like the Silverfish.

As for this discussion on cobwebs, I am pretty sure that you will be able to acquire them when the full release rolls around in... What was it, eight days now?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

I'd think you could craft them from string, with slime balls, or something like that. Or its possible that spiders may build nests and big structure's out of them. There's a bunch of things he could add in.

I'm personally done with Mine Craft until its finished, because those damn silver fish... I spawned in a world where almost all the stone was actually silver fish... never lagged so bad before... but its possible my brother loaded a mod or something...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Salanewt

That would be nice, though 1.9 has an enchantment that allows for picking up several blocks already. For example, one can technically harvest ice now. While I sort of like this idea, I am kind of disappointed with two things.

1. No spike blocks yet. I was kind of hoping that spike blocks would have been added to the game in 1.8, since it would be easier to use them in my dungeons than cacti. Moreover, it would make sticky pistons just slightly more useful to me. Well, hopefully in a future release...

2. No Skylands/sky dimension. What we have instead is a floating hunk of white stone in a dark dimension - in my opinion, this is nearly the polar opposite of what was initially planned. The good thing is that they still could do something about it if they want, but the likelihood of that seems low.

But enough about my opinion, what is everyone else' take on this?

zman9000

No no you about covered it... Every thing you said is right on. the onlything that could make the game better is, maby something new to mine in the neither and the enderworld... and maby new armor...

Rolina

Quote from: Salanewt on 10, November, 2011, 05:53:39 PM
That would be nice, though 1.9 has an enchantment that allows for picking up several blocks already. For example, one can technically harvest ice now. While I sort of like this idea, I am kind of disappointed with two things.

1. No spike blocks yet. I was kind of hoping that spike blocks would have been added to the game in 1.8, since it would be easier to use them in my dungeons than cacti. Moreover, it would make sticky pistons just slightly more useful to me. Well, hopefully in a future release...

2. No Skylands/sky dimension. What we have instead is a floating hunk of white stone in a dark dimension - in my opinion, this is nearly the polar opposite of what was initially planned. The good thing is that they still could do something about it if they want, but the likelihood of that seems low.

But enough about my opinion, what is everyone else' take on this?

My take?  Mojang may be considering adopting the Aether Mod as official.  It's pretty much what the sky dimension was going to be.

Pkmn-Master

Release Candidate 2 is a pretty cool guy, eh fights creepers and he doesn't afraid of anything.

Salanewt

That is nice, I think I will try this out soon.

QuoteWhile I sort of like this idea, I am kind of disappointed with

3. Silk Touch doesn't work on Ice...

Pkmn-Master

I can't be bothered to look back 10 pages, but do any of you guys watch BlueXephos or Gamechap & Bertie?
If you're interested in minecraft mods, checkout AdamzoneTopMarks on Youtube.

Just a suggestion~

zman9000

The top two people for minecraft videos on youtube are BlueXephos (a.k.a The Yogscast) and captainsparklez.

the Yogscast even went to a convention in place of notch.

Frog

So, 1.0's been out for a while now, what's everyone been up to in minecraftia?

Anyway I found this suprisingly interestingly, how i'd love for mojang to release an update dedicated to these bugfixes... the wiki's buglist is bigger than skyrims!

Not on too often, but I'm still here!