News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

Background:  looks like a drill and fire wand.  The green thing...initial thoughts are Green Lanterns ring but on further inspection I want to say...a recolor of something from Galaga?
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Robert Joe

You are close; it is a Size-S Core (Or "Newborn") from Shellcore Command:

As for the objects in the background, they are on top of a Spleef arena:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The one on the left is a Red Matter Morning Star from the Equivalent Exchange mod. While the one on the right is indeed a drill; it is the Diamond Drill from the Industrialcraft 2 mod. Basically, they are high-powered replacements for shovels and pickaxes, so it makes sense to have them there since they are usually used when playing Spleef.

Shinigami

Quote from: Robert Joe on 23, October, 2012, 08:31:36 AM
The one on the left is a Red Matter Morning Star from the Equivalent Exchange mod.

Will not complain about the unimaginative, completely overpowered, boring "equivalent exchange" mod...
Will not complain about the unimaginative, completely overpowered, boring and dull "equivalent exchange" mod...
Must... Use... Self... Control...

I mean, seriously?
My mod is betterer cuz it does things like, betterer...
No thought put in at all...

Compare to "ThaumCraft"

Equivalent exchange's "Red matter tools":
Generally chargeable, infinite durability, area of effect.

Thaumcraft's:

"Pickaxe of the core"
"This magical pickaxe smolders with inner heat. Any materials harvested is automatically smelted as if by a furnace. Holding shift supressed this power. You can also use it to create a small wisp that will guide you to the most valuable item it can find nearby."

"Shovel of renewal"
"The enchanted shovel is capable of removing large sections of earth and sand. Holding shift suppresses this power. It is also extremely effective at removing tainted ground. If right-clicked it will encourage plants to grow."
The 'large section' here is 3x3 horizontally.

"Axe of the stream"
"This enchanted thaumium axe harvests all wood blocks (logs, planks) connected to the targeted block, and as such is capable of cutting down entire trees with a single action, depositing the wood in the player's inventory. Holding shift suppresses this power. While right-click is held loose items will flow towards you.
Note that the larger the tree, the more durability will be consumed, the axe will stop short of destroying itself but any further uses will destroy the axe."

etc.

Also includes a research mechanic, corruption known as "taint" (which spreads based on taint and aura levels within areas of the world), eldritch artefacts...

>_<
So nanoka~

Robert Joe

ThaumCraft is, without a doubt, a better mod than Equivalent Exchange. However, it is not multiplayer-compatible, so you would still be unable to run ThaumCraft on a server no matter how badly you want to.

As for Equivalent Exchange being overpowered, well... It is. I honestly do not care, though. You are never going to have a balanced experience in a game that is running a gargantuan number of mods. And trying to make survival mode challenging in Tekkit is like attempting to make a motor vehicle run more efficiently by removing the heavy engine. It sort of defeats the purpose, and removes many necessary components. Well, at least in my opinion.

Anyway, this is a screenshot of a project that I have finally completed, it is a re-creation of Colosso:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Shinigami

Quote from: Robert Joe on 25, October, 2012, 03:32:04 PM
ThaumCraft is, without a doubt, a better mod than Equivalent Exchange. However, it is not multiplayer-compatible, so you would still be unable to run ThaumCraft on a server no matter how badly you want to.
Sorry if you took that as an attack against you, it was not meant that way. Consider it promotion for TC, I just think too many perople think that EE is the "best mod ever" due to it's both undeniable, yet also unbalanced, usefulness.
They just think that the best mod ever is the one that does everything best.

Quote from: Robert Joe on 25, October, 2012, 03:32:04 PM

*_*
What are the chests made of?
So nanoka~

Robert Joe

Quote from: ShinigamiSorry if you took that as an attack against you, it was not meant that way.

No worries, it is okay. And I completely agree with you, Equivalent Exchange is overpowered, and also quite overrated.

As for what the chests are... Errr... Um... They are... Well... Equivalent Exchange Alchemical Chests. The screenshot was taken with my server's texture pack, which alters their appearance.

The re-creation also plays the correct music from the game, dispenses rewards, and resets itself after each match, but that is obviously not apparent from the screenshot.

Aile~♥

Quote from: Robert Joe on 25, October, 2012, 03:57:07 PM
The re-creation also plays the correct music from the game, dispenses rewards, and resets itself after each match, but that is obviously not apparent from the screenshot.

YouTube video. Now.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

Wow this looks awesome. nice job.

In other news:

MINECRAFT 1.4 IS OUT AND ITS LIKE A WHOLE NEW GAME!!!
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Robert Joe

Quote from: JamietheFlameUserYouTube video. Now.

Well, this is not on Youtube, but it should do the trick:

http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/t454/Robert_Joe/?action=view&current=ColossoDemonstration.mp4

I sincerely apologize for the abysmal quality and editing. My recording software and my editing software refused to cooperate, I tell you.

Aile~♥

Pretty cool thing you got there.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

zman9000

Really interesting video for sure, but do you plan to upload it to YouTube? It would be nice to see if we could get a bit of interest in it.
Even though I've done hardly anything to get this going I've brought up the idea of a Golden sun mod and or texture pack that will let you recreate any part of golden sun in minecraft. I check around from time to time but this video is the closest thing I've seen to a really good GS texture pack.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Robert Joe

I probably will not upload it to Youtube, as it is a bit too of a low-quality video. And what I made barely even qualifies as a Golden Sun texture pack. It is the texture pack that my server uses, and the only Golden Sun-related things in it are the Psynergy set of items (Which replaces the Redpower Ruby set), and a few miscellaneous re-textures of Equivalent Exchange items.

Although, I may perhaps consider making a full Golden Sun texture pack at some point, as it would not be very difficult due to the fact that Golden Sun item sprites are almost the exact same size as 16x16 Minecraft ones.

As for a mod, I have no experience with Java. And if I were to make a mod, I would swear by making it Tekkit-compatible, which would further increase the difficulty of its creation. However, if the Official Mod API is ever released, it should be quite easy.

Oh, and here is something else Golden Sun-related that I made a while back:

[spoiler][/spoiler]