News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun playthrough

Started by Hoopa, 30, October, 2010, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopa

Talk about your memories of playing through Golden Sun, or TLA. Or if you're playing it right now, like I am, about your progress. I just got to the Mercury light house at Level 7. We'll see how I do...
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

Oh wow, i am playing it again, and i just finished the trip from Kalay, level is 20. And some how i missed Halt.

Hoopa

Currently on the way to Tolbi, party is around lvl 16. Doing pretty good so far for a lower leveled party I guess.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

AWW i always over level my party ... I'm already level 25 and still at KALAY.

Salanewt

On my last playthrough of the first game, I remember doing almost everything possible. I had to leave Venus Lighthouse to find a djinni that I forgot about, that was fun.

At least you will be able to kill the final boss easily, not to mention Deadbeard.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Hoopa

K, finally beat the first game. At endgame, party is lvl 21, with Dead beard beaten and all djinn. It was easier than I remember it being...>.>

Griever

Final dungeon with party level 35 ... first time i finished the game the party was level 25 ... so reaching level 35 is new to me and now i can use this save for TLA.

leaf

Quote from: Whizkidhv on 01, November, 2010, 10:11:31 PM
K, finally beat the first game. At endgame, party is lvl 21, with Dead beard beaten and all djinn. It was easier than I remember it being...>.>
Nice. What was your strat for the venus lighthouse battle? That's pretty low level... I forget what the lowest possible level is. I think somewhere in the high teens?

@Griever: I have a lv45-46ish party in GS on one of my files, but that's only cause I spent a ton of time grinding them all up in venus lighthouse. Pure wish =D
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

SSBMX

Quote from: Salanewt on 01, November, 2010, 07:41:28 AM
On my last playthrough of the first game, I remember doing almost everything possible. I had to leave Venus Lighthouse to find a djinni that I forgot about, that was fun.

At least you will be able to kill the final boss easily, not to mention Deadbeard.

Have a nice day.

Same thing with me

That was actually the first time I beat the game
I had over 300 hours logged on TLA before I even played the 1st one  :medal:

Hoopa

My first time ever playing the game, I uber overleveled, being around 60 by the time I fought the last boss. Then again, I was 8 >.>

This time around, I tried to see how fast I could beat the game, and just fought about half of everything coming my way. For the last boss, I made Issac a Cavalier, Garet a Swordsman, Ivan a shaman, and I forget what Mia was... :p
Anyway, I had offensive djinn on Garet and Mia, and used a combination of Ground, Granite, Flash, healing, and summon rush. I still almost got wiped out, and barely beat it with only Ivan left with 30 hp. I gotta say, it was one of the most epic boss fights I've ever had the pleasure to play, lasting well over an hour. It was fun.

SSBMX

Quote from: Whizkidhv on 02, November, 2010, 06:35:27 PM
My first time ever playing the game, I uber overleveled, being around 60 by the time I fought the last boss. Then again, I was 8 >.>

This time around, I tried to see how fast I could beat the game, and just fought about half of everything coming my way. For the last boss, I made Issac a Cavalier, Garet a Swordsman, Ivan a shaman, and I forget what Mia was... :p
Anyway, I had offensive djinn on Garet and Mia, and used a combination of Ground, Granite, Flash, healing, and summon rush. I still almost got wiped out, and barely beat it with only Ivan left with 30 hp. I gotta say, it was one of the most epic boss fights I've ever had the pleasure to play, lasting well over an hour. It was fun.

The cut scenes were the longest part lol

Griever

WOW 60 ... i don't think i will be able to reach that .... not unless i grind for days ><

Finished the first game with party at level 40. Isaac and Garet both are berserkers and Ivan and Mia are base class.

Knight of Purgatory

Ah... I remember playing GS for the first-time.(My friend's one). We only found 4-5 djinn for each guy, and everyone died (except Garet) against fusion dragon. Since we played GS two first we thought we had to kill the heads one by one, and garet is at yellow-red health. He finds a standby Mercury Djinn. Desperate, he blasted with that Djinn.Garet closed his eyes for the end and didn't see fusion dragon die. When He opened his eyes Sat And Men were on the floor bleeding like anything, so he assumed that Isaac got up and defeated Fusion dragon. (poor Garet Never knew that he saved the world)...
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

zman9000

My first time though i sucked, I got to level 50 and couldn't beat the final boss, then a half a year later GS2 came out and I got to air rock, got stuck, went back, and finaly beat GS1 at level 56.

But I think I've gotten better.

After 4 years of not playing Golden sun 1 or 2, resently, I beat the game, at level 19 with dead beard and all djinn.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

dwkjohn

hmmm. I couldn't even get past air's rock. it took me a month. then when I got to the trident parts, I had no clue what to do. I had notes, diagrams and everything. I worked at it for almost 3 years off and on. then when finally got it, I found the walkthrough on GameFAQs a few days later. I was pissed but proud of myself. then I realized that posieson was not the final boss. I know, i'm dumb. but hey, I was young....er
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

zman9000

I fought posieson like 10 times before I realised he was invinsable... lol I could say I was young... but, i was like 12 or 13... I think, how old were you then?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

dwkjohn

maybe ten. I fought him constantly before I figured it out. I even spent a year just wandering around fighting mosters until my levels and power and crap were outrageous for that point in the game. I even beat doom dragon the first time and I had only gone up 5 levels since posiedon. and yeah, I was at 50 when I fought posiedon. and only went up to like 55 when I fought doom dragon.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

zman9000

the farthest I've ever gotten in TLA is about 65. but its because I kept letting people play my game, and when I got it back they had saved over my file, but even I've have done it accedentualy...

dwkjohn

wow that sucks. I never let people touch my stuff I get pretty paranoid. but with a friend like mone you would be two. 8_] but I feel like I missed something in tla. I play it and then towards the end, someone will say something and ill be like wait what? I should probably go back and play it with the walkthrough to see what I missed.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Hoopa

Haha. By now I've played and beaten TLA so many times that my characters are maxed, with the best equipment for raw damage. Lvl 99 Chaos Lords anyone?