News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun playthrough

Started by Hoopa, 30, October, 2010, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

Isn't that... kinda overkill? Considering you could just high impact to max your atk fairly easily at that point in almost any other class...
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Hoopa

Meh. I was bored and hunting for dark matter. I loves me my cursed equipment.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

zman9000

all cursed equipment? really?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Knight of Purgatory

I prefer getting several Excaliburs and Tisiphone Edges and stuff like that, you know? It's better and you won't get bound
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Hoopa

Yeah, but it's fun playing with cursed equipment. The enemy actually has a chance then.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Salanewt

On two of my playthroughs...

1: I made it to Doom Dragon, but I allowed a younger kid to play it for some bizarre reason. Long story short, they erased my file. They didn't overwrite it, they just erased it. When I asked why, they said that they didn't realize, and that they were sorry.

2: I left the Lash Pebble on Piers, and I didn't know that I could use any other spell on the Lash thing to continue the story. Hence, I restarted it.

However, every other playthrough has been a success. What I eventually started to do was to combine this playthrough with my GS1 playthroughs, so I could have access to new transfer data each time.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

Quote2: I left the Lash Pebble on Piers, and I didn't know that I could use any other spell on the Lash thing to continue the story. Hence, I restarted it.

haha, total fail. I almost did the same thing, almost.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Amylolz

On my first play through, I got lost in like every dungeon. Then when I learned about Golden Sun the Lost Age I went, "O no, not another one, but I must play it!" >_<

zman9000

Wait you got lost... in GS1... really? Umm... your joking right?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

On my first play through, I got lost in like every dungeon. Then when I learned about Golden Sun the Lost Age I went, "O no, not another one, but I must play it!" >_<
You actually got lost on GS1? You must be kidding me. No one gets lost on GS1.

Awec

I got lost the first couple of times after finishing Vault. I could never remember which direction to head for Goma Cave. Ended up at Lunpa both times.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

Aye, GS1 was pretty linear, I don't see how you can get lost.

GS2 is understandable, though.

GS3... you'd have to be joking - not only is it linear, you can't backtrack much either.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

QuoteAye, GS1 was pretty linear, I don't see how you can get lost.
You could in Mogal Forest, if you went in without getting the Force Orb.
It's hard to know where to go in that place without it.

Salanewt

Oh, the area near Vault/Lunpa is confusing if you don't know about Goma Cave. Then there is the area near Bilibin; if you don't actually know about Kolima. However, getting lost is only really easy if you don't know of these places.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Even then, Mogall is just trial and error.  First time I went though it I had the orb of force but didn't know I was supposed to use it.  I still made it through fine.  I still don't use it because I've memorized the path as a result.

Amylolz

I got lost all the time. In both woods, both deserts, finding towns, and I got stuck on the ship.

besttp

On my first playthrough, I finished the game with  :VenusDjinni: Quartz,  :VenusDjinni: Granite, and  :VenusDjinni: Bane missing. But later, I learned how to get it and finish the game with those djinni collected.

Well, I have a party level of 56. For experience points, you can choose either beating Saturos and Menardi multiple times while losing the fight with fusion dragon (so you can challenge Saturos and Menardi again and gain 6000+ experience each time you beat them.) or exploring suhalla desert multiple times with Tempest Lizard beaten each time.

Durza

I never saw the point of grinding that much. Once you're on level 35+, even Deadbeard's pretty easy. Of course, the infinite Wonder Bird battles are a nice little pot of experience.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

zman9000

well yeah for golden sun 1 there really isn't and grinding needed if you know how to play well. only thing i ever grinded for was to see all the attacks you can get.

besttp

Quote from: Durza on 09, December, 2011, 02:39:29 PM
I never saw the point of grinding that much. Once you're on level 35+, even Deadbeard's pretty easy. Of course, the infinite Wonder Bird battles are a nice little pot of experience.

Well, I was grinding that much because at that time, I haven't get the Lost Age game. So, I'm just keep playing my favorite games~